Current Events > The DUmpster

sparkling old dude starts a thread; Marc refuses to name-drop

(1/2) > >>

franksolich:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211706974

Oh my.

--- Quote ---Stinky The Clown (60,001 posts)     Mon Jan 21, 2019, 10:03 PM

(NOT an endorsement) Of the currently announced 2020 candidates I think Harris is the frontrunner.

I think she has the least controversy. She is younger and new to the national stage. She has impeccable credentials. She has an image as a non nonsense fighter.

I know some on the left see her as problematic due to her time as a prosecutor but I think that will serve her well in the larger citizenry.

This can change, but I think this is the case today.

Again ====> NOT an endorsement; just an observation and opinion.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---DFW (31,786 posts)      Mon Jan 21, 2019, 10:14 PM

1. For the next

For the next five minutes, anyway.

A friend of mine (pre my DU days) was once considered the front runner for the Democratic nomination, had his picture on the covers of Time and Newsweek the same week. It fizzled, needless to say.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---BlueStater (5,545 posts)     Mon Jan 21, 2019, 10:19 PM

2. Who was that?

You don't have to name him if you don't want. I'm only curious.
--- End quote ---

Uncharacteristically for Marc, he refuses to name-drop.

USA4ME:
Ah yes, the Howard Dean scream. Good times, good times.

SVPete:

--- Quote from: USA4ME on January 22, 2019, 08:30:04 AM ---Ah yes, the Howard Dean scream. Good times, good times.

--- End quote ---

The Dean Scream, no Monkey Business?

franksolich:

--- Quote from: USA4ME on January 22, 2019, 08:30:04 AM ---Ah yes, the Howard Dean scream. Good times, good times.
--- End quote ---

It's really unusual for Marc to not name-drop, although when he does do it, one wonders why he's trying to impress the primitives, who are w-a-a-a-a-a-y below his socio-economic and intellectual class.  I can't remember if he's mentioned anything yet about the time he played poker with Prince Philip, but if he were to drop his pants and show off his ass, the primitives would be equally impressed.

The expatriate "too good to live in America" Germanophile Marc is the primitive counterpart to the expatriate eurochauvenist idiot over on DU Jr., although Marc has more substance to him.  Marc, the DFW primitive, comes from Judaic Old Money and Much Money, and has written, or perhaps still writes, for the Nation magazine.

But he's the idiot's equal in pompous arrogance, and just as with the lorgnette-and-pearls crowd on DU Jr. swooning over the idiot, the more he condescends to them, the more the primitives adore Marc.

FiddyBeowulf:

--- Quote ---DFW (31,786 posts)      Mon Jan 21, 2019, 10:14 PM

1. For the next

For the next five minutes, anyway.

A friend of mine (pre my DU days) was once considered the front runner for the Democratic nomination, had his picture on the covers of Time and Newsweek the same week. It fizzled, needless to say.
--- End quote ---
Gary Hart(pence)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version