Author Topic: Qanon casualties: "taking my Canadian Qanon brother to the border tomorrow.  (Read 413 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Demovictory9 (23,452 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216259102

Qanon casualties: "taking my Canadian Qanon brother to the border tomorrow. mixed feelings & relief"
Group in Reddit for people to share the stress of dealing with Qanons
https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Husband former QAnon turned patriot….now American state citizen.
He has bought into every conspiracy theory since the beginning of Covid. After the Jan 6, insurrection he identified as a Patriot. He finally started to see the the scam. Buying the “patriot” products/supplies/supplements. They just wanted his money. The new obsession is Anna Von Reitz. He has become an American State Citizen. He continues to stay on the computer. Lots of zoom meetings. No longer has a current driver’s license. No longer paying taxes. Sending certified letters to credit card companies and no telling who else -saying that’s it’s all fraud and he doesn’t owe them anything. He doesn’t see the scam. I know he has payed out hundreds to this state assembly.
Life has been hell for me and my family. He becomes very irate if I try to discuss my concerns. To the point of violence. Anyone know about this Anna Von Reitz and these state assemblies? I have a hard time finding real information.
And yes I know I’m fighting a loosing battle. The man I married no longer exists and I need to get out. Thanks for any info!

61 Comments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
taking my Canadian Qanon brother to the border tomorrow. mixed feelings, and relief.
Content: Vaccine/Qadjacent
yes, I am dropping him off at the US border tomorrow. longest drive of my life, but I am done. He is the last relative from my mother and father's line that I will ever have contact with. He is diabetic. and not in good health. he has everything paid for here in Canada. I tried for years, and I have 2 degrees in biology and nothing works.

I am sure you all have heard some of this before.

Trump was the best president in history, the virus does not exist, the deaths are fake information

if the virus does exist, it was planned and man made

the mask mandates are for controlling the population

the vaccines alter your DNA and you will die

there are hidden camps in Canada to scoop up the unvaccinated and make them work

covid parties should happen everywhere. ( even though the virus is fake and man made)

you get it. I cannot take another day. am done.

I am sorry to add another to you in the USA, but he thinks Canada is Totalitarian Fascist country.

thanks for listening to my rant. Peace to you losing family to this nightmare

EDIT, I tried getting him mental health support for the last 7 years.

:yawn:

Star Member CrackityJones75 (1,489 posts)

2. Q Bullshit IS Nazi-ism

It is the same paranoia nationalism bullshit. On steroids. It seems completely crazy that people can fall for it but after a while they WANT to fall for it. It is like a soap opera. It is totally batshit crazy but the drama is addicting. But unlike a soap opera it becomes dangerous because it leads to hate and violence. This is the same shit that the Nazis did to get people to buy into their bullshit.

It needs to be shut down.

Star Member captain queeg (7,247 posts)

3. Wow. I have a sister and niece that share these delusions

I was just thinking of her this morning. I feel bad because the last letter she wrote me I threw away without reading past the first paragraph. I consider writing her, but I know it will be useless. She’s dying of cancer and from what one of my other sisters tells me it’s starting to affect her brain in more conventional ways, like loss of memory. I’ve never heard her talk about Qanon but she has all the really crazy ideas. She wanted me to visit but I’m not going to fly across the country and be stranded with her and my niece. The niece is the driver of the craziness, and she is always at her side. I admire her for taking care of my sister but can’t stand being around her. Maybe I should join that Reddit group to commiserate with those who have been driven apart from family.

Woodwizard (430 posts)

7. I joined that reddit group about a year ago.

I am lucky in the sense that I have no direct family members on the Qnut train but I know a few and one is a neighbor. These are people that want to be mad about something and now they have found their tribe, I do not see it going away.

My cousins health coach dietitian is full blown Q has convinced my 58 year old cousin not to get vaccinated, she post all kinds of fake conspiracy stuff on FB from sites with names like Nomorefakenews dot com. A 20 second whois search finds most of these cheesy wordpress sites were made in the last 18 months.

I have reported the blatant ones to FB, guess what not one was removed.

Someone in that reddit group said it well. You cannot use logic and reason to get them out when they did not use logic and reason to believe it in the first place.

Star Member DownriverDem (5,182 posts)

10. I so wish

I could claim my Canadian roots dual citizenship wise. My family goes way back in Canada before it was a country. My Grandma never became an American citizen, but my Dad was born in Detroit. Oh if only...

Star Member Javaman (58,630 posts)

13. I'm a member of this group. I lost my sister to the qnuts horseshit last year. nt

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

It's almost unsporting to point out the stooooooopid ludicrosities in that fictional :bouncy: :

1. Is he your brother or your ex-husband? Make up your mind.

2. I know of no part of the US where the phrase "American state citizen" is used. Get the basic terminology correct before going Full- :bouncy: , mmmkay?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

It's almost unsporting to point out the stooooooopid ludicrosities in that fictional :bouncy: :

2. I know of no part of the US where the phrase "American state citizen" is used. Get the basic terminology correct before going Full- :bouncy: , mmmkay?
This^^
0 bongs. Failure to follow a script.  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

Yeah, that was confusing to follow regarding the status of the person as the brother or husband.

Sounds like the "Husband former QAnon turned patriot" has become a sovereign citizen with how he doesn't feel the need to have a driver's license, pay taxes or money owed on credit cards.

There are scores of videos on YouTube showing sovereign citizens getting pulled over by Law Enforcement and claiming they don't need a driver's license because they are not driving but rather they are "traveling"  ::)
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Delmar

Maybe it's one of those Faye Dunaway kinds of deals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV6ZVQq2jtw
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I believe everything I read on Reddit.  :loser: :whatever:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
I don't know. I think it's a win/win for the husband/brother. He gets to come live in America and leave a DUmbass harpy of an ex wife/sister behind in Canukistan.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:58:02 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

About those conspiracy theories...

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Woodwizard (430 posts)

7. I joined that reddit group about a year ago.

I am lucky in the sense that I have no direct family members on the Qnut train but I know a few and one is a neighbor. These are people that want to be mad about something and now they have found their tribe, I do not see it going away.

My cousins health coach dietitian is full blown Q has convinced my 58 year old cousin not to get vaccinated, she post all kinds of fake conspiracy stuff on FB from sites with names like Nomorefakenews dot com. A 20 second whois search finds most of these cheesy wordpress sites were made in the last 18 months.

I have reported the blatant ones to FB, guess what not one was removed.

DU-Anon

Someone in that reddit group said it well. You cannot use logic and reason to get them out when they did not use logic and reason to believe it in the first place.

The sheer lack of self-awareness of the DUmmies is remarkable. Do these nuts not get that DU is the "Q" of the left? They just have politicians and pundits to push their nonsense?

DU-Anon

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.

The sheer lack of self-awareness of the DUmmies is remarkable. Do these nuts not get that DU is the "Q" of the left? They just have politicians and pundits to push their nonsense?

DU-Anon

Well, as the saying goes, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

DU-Anon

Only Qs have twice the intelligence of a DUmbass DUmmy.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Only Qs have twice the intelligence of a DUmbass DUmmy.

So thry have an IQ of 2?