Author Topic: My wife and I have a comfotable retirement  (Read 374 times)

Offline CC27

My wife and I have a comfotable retirement
« on: March 10, 2024, 03:53:12 PM »
edhopper
My wife and I have a comfotable retirement
We own our Condo outright and have an income in the upper 5 figures. This pays all our bills and expenses and allows us to go out for dinner and entertainment and travel. Not extravagantly, but enough to make us content. We have a nice Honda that take us where we need and with Medicare, out healthcare is taken care of.
Now if we had $10 or $20 or $50 million dollars we would have a more luxurious life, we could afford a better car, travel a bit more and stay in nicer places, flying first class would be great.
But I don't think our life is diminished because we don't have real wealth.

What made me think about this is all the Mega Rich assholes with more money than God, who have more than they can spend in 100 lifetimes. Many septuagenarian and octogenarians. Who could have a life full of adventure and enrichment. But instead all they want is another 3% tax cut to have more money they will never need. And they are willing to burn the country down to get it. They don't care about women's rights, LBGT rights, gun violence, climate change, education, healthcare, helping the unfortunate or anything else that might help people. They support the worst of us just to get their extra tax break, or destroy some regulation that prevents them from doing what they want.
Power and Greed is all that feeds them. And they will destroy anything that gets in their way, including the country.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218766065

You have a comfortable retirement but yet you're still bitching? 🙄

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: My wife and I have a comfotable retirement
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 04:25:58 PM »
That sounds like the perfect description of the Biden crime family syndicate. They’re multimillionaires, and he still sold the country to the Chinese, the Russians, and God knows who else!

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:30:41 PM »
My guess is the DUchebag has a government pension of some type and is double dipping on social security.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 04:47:21 PM »
But instead all they want is another 3% tax cut to have more money they will never need. And they are willing to burn the country down to get it.

The only people I've ever seen burning the country down are a bunch of antifa and BLM type losers who don't amount to shit and are never going to amount to shit.  Not rich people--although some might be the worthless, ungrateful children of rich people.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 07:00:53 PM »
For all edhopper's affluence, he still envies those more affluent than him. Sad.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 07:19:35 PM »
For all edhopper's affluence, he still envies those more affluent than him. Sad.

The average Lib-Prog obtained their economic theory from reading Scrooge McDuck comics.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 05:57:27 AM »
I think the biggest takeaway on this OP is ed doesn’t seem willing to share some of his wealth to those less fortunate than himself. Take UGP for instance. I’m sure she would like a much smaller vacation than ed and his wife find enjoyable.

Ed expects others to share because he thinks they have more than him so in ed's mind he is the top of what should be allowed without having to share. Typical DUmmie.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 06:28:16 AM »
Do you realize just how brilliant ed is?  He’s managed to obtain the perfect level of wealth. Enough to look down his nose at the typical DUmmie yet still not enough to share, in his mind.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 08:09:24 AM »
I think the biggest takeaway on this OP is ed doesn’t seem willing to share some of his wealth to those less fortunate than himself. Take UGP for instance. I’m sure she would like a much smaller vacation than ed and his wife find enjoyable.

His post does have a flaunting, "I got mine," odor (ordure?).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 08:36:54 AM »
I had a comfortable retirement until Biden came along. :thatsright: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!