Author Topic: Remember when we said---"Trump will never win the GOP primaries!"  (Read 318 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Atticus (13,071 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216675172

Remember when we said---"Trump will never win the GOP primaries!"

"Trump could never win the Presidency; people aren't THAT stupid!"

"This will do it! This is the end of Trump!" ( X ??? times)

"The GOP will never get rid of Roe v. Wade. They're not THAT stupid!"

"Fascism can never happen here!"?

And, NOW we're saying---

"Trump won't be the Republican candidate in '24."

"Book burning in the US? Don't be ridiculous!"

"These concerns about the SCOTUS ruling against same-sex marriages and contraception are just alarmist nonsense."

"American democracy is too strong to be replaced by an autocracy."

""No need to get all excited---someone will fix this. They always do."

And, STILL: "FASCISM COULD NEVER HAPPEN HERE!"

:yawn:

Ferrets are Cool (16,136 posts)

1. Fascism IS happening here

as we sit here behind our computer monitors typing stuff out on discussion boards.

:whatever:

LLCARD (15 posts)

3. Exactly. Time to start calling our dem leaders

Where is Jamie Harrison?

We need a big time marketing firm with anti propaganda expertise right near the top of the DNC.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ace Rothstein (2,595 posts)

13. Maybe it is time for new Democratic leadership in Congress.

The same people being in those roles for 20-30 years doesn't seem to be working out too well right now.

Star Member Magoo48 (2,829 posts)

5. Americans today, generally, are unwilling too be inconvenienced, even to guard Liberty.

Very little moves us to break the suction between our asses and our comfortable seats. So, we think someone else will rise up by the millions and demand an end to fascist insanity. Someone else will boycott, stand in, occupy, sit in, general strike, walkout by the millions rather by the thousands or hundreds.

To mix metaphors because I’m still free to do so: like the frogs in the pot, our gooses are truly cooked.

malaise (244,085 posts)

8. I was one of those who said that

Still don't know what happened

Star Member IronLionZion (37,930 posts)

10. I'm not sure it even happened

They project about everything they do so there might be widespread voter fraud in rural MAGA areas.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The Jungle 1 (2,095 posts)

12. Many of our police departments are fascist.

They need to be watched closely.
Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy

Star Member Kaleva (30,245 posts)

18. When we start getting imprisoned or executed, we'll know fascism is here.

Because that's what fascists do.

:whatever:

Pro Life Office Firebombed, “If Abortion Isn’t Safe, You Aren’t Either” Graffitied On The Walls…

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Remember when we said---"Trump will never win the GOP primaries!"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 09:23:36 AM »
Wasn't it a 1930s Louisiana statesman who said, "when fascism comes to America, it'll be under the guise of liberalism."

Or something like that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 10:28:25 AM »

as we sit here behind our computer monitors typing stuff out on discussion boards.

Fascism was brought here with the election of the Biden Administration. Before Biden is started with the uncontrolled violence of the summer of 2020, the targeting of police officers, and the encroachment of mob rule.

Think about out it libs. Who has been burning buildings and bombing the meeting places of people who have different opinions than you? I can tell you that it isn't the conservatives. Perhaps, in the past, a couple of loose cannon conservatives have done some of these things but the conservatives as a whole have never condoned them and in fact, denounced them. Democrats on the other hand support the violence and act to encourage it, and when it occurs, excuse it.

Now that you look in to the abyss have you noticed that it is looking into you?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 11:47:34 AM »
Yes, Progs did lie to themselves and continue to do so. Did Flatus have a

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 04:09:24 PM »

Well which is it? Do we have fascism or are we able to sit behind our computer monitors typing stuff out on discussion boards?

Because it strikes me that if we had fascism we wouldn't be able to sit behind our computer monitors typing stuff out on discussion boards.

Which, BTW, is exactly the type of free speech the Left is currently seeking to restrict.

So who are the true fascists?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 12:44:54 PM »

Yes it is, from your side.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/09/watch-live-pro-abortion-leftists-descend-on-justice-samuel-alitos-home/

Couple of fun notes.  First, the sign being carried right up front.  "Repo Freedom For All".  I'm sure that's just a Freudian slip, shortening reproductive to the same shortening of repossession.  Two, it is specifically illegal in VA to protest at someone's home.  https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter9/section18.2-419/  You fascist terrorists want to cry free speech to harass people at their private homes, against state law and not get arrested, lets talk free speech zones, buffer zones around abortuaries,  Let's talk threats of violence towards non-leftist speakers at colleges, raising security concerns about events that get cancelled for daring to have opinions that differ from the hive-mind. 

This doublethink either gets fixed or the country ends.  Don't know if that end is a split or a takeover, but we are reaching critical levels, and this SCOTUS leak just poured rocket fuel on the floating dumpster fire that is the loony left.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.