Author Topic: WH Counsel, Cippollone, told Trump on January 6th that he might be arrested.  (Read 250 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
kentuck (103,351 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215943782

Reportedly, the WH Counsel, Cippollone, told Trump on January 6th that he might be arrested.

It would be interesting to hear what Trump said to him when advised that he might be taken away that very day?

Cippollone should be called to testify before the Select Committee. He would have a lot of useful information, in my opinion.

It would show the degree of guilt that Trump felt at that time.

There is so much still to learn about what happened on that day?

:whatever:

Star Member hlthe2b (88,470 posts)

1. That still sticks with me. That Trump has gone this long without consequences may well mean

that we've lost all chance to do so.

Star Member KS Toronado (4,324 posts)

20. I don't believe we've lost all chances to do so

Justice can seem slow at times and extremely slow when the evidence is so overwhelming. Sometimes I wonder
if the powers that be at the top of the Democratic Party don't want Qrump arrested now but at a future date
they feel would help us more in the midterms. Timing can be everything in politics.

Star Member OnDoutside (18,063 posts)

2. Who reported ?

:popcorn:

Star Member Vinca (47,108 posts)

11. My prediction: Trump skates on everything, just like he did when he was accused of money

laundering and a host of other things. Remember before the election and we were all pretty convinced the NY AG would be indicting him the second he put his foot out the White House door? The whole thing is a massive disappointment. There are laws for some people, but not for others.

Star Member Irish_Dem (17,424 posts)

19. Clinically, sociopaths and narcissists typically do not feel guilt or remorse

for their immoral or illegal behavior.

When confronted with their behavior, or made to face consequences, they would usually feel rage, anger, humiliation, fear.
And would then take action to protect themselves, and likely lash out, blame others, get revenge, etc.

They don't have any guilt feelings to disguise as fear. This would be more typical of a normal personality.

Star Member Martin Eden (10,854 posts)

15. "the degree of guilt that Trump felt"

I don't think feelings of guilt enter the consciousness of this malignant narcissist. His sense of privilege and entitlement are boundless. Would be dictators do not entertain the notion they are wrong for using any means necessary to gain power.

It's possible he might be wary of exposure to criminal prosecution or other undesirable consequences, but maybe not. He was still president, his high flying ego full of wrath over the November election.

All that mattered was doing whatever it took to hold on to that power.

kentuck (103,351 posts)

17. He wanted to be King.

No matter what the people said. If they voted against him, he would just call it a fraud. He had no plans on leaving the White House.

kentuck (103,351 posts)

26. Yes, they are OK with that if it keeps them in power.

One thing the American people should know by now is that Republicans cannot be trusted to protect our country or our people. They are not deserving of governance.

:mental:

johnthewoodworker (577 posts)

18. There isn't a Republican/Nazi alive who fears justice or democrats.

kentuck (103,351 posts)

25. It does seem there is a justice system, all the way thru the Supreme Court, that is controlled by the Property Party, the Republicans. They have been more keen to subpoenas and taking matters to Court than Democrats, it seems to me.

Farmer-Rick (5,107 posts)

27. The rich capitalist kings of the US will never let their puppet Trump

Be held accountable.

He is their monster and people like the Koch bros, Waltons, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates, Kissinger and the Google princes would never let such a criminal as Trump go to jail. He's their horror show. He's exactly the kind of dick-tater they want to run this nation.

Look at the clueless lump of psychotic narcissism that is Trump. He's stupid and ignorant. Born with over $400 million he could barely educate himself. He is so out of touch that he thinks his orange make-up, yellow comb over, oversized suits and sex worker for a wife is a good look. He holds the same opinions about exercise, medicine, race relations, economics, military strategy and business skill as the impoverished guy in the 10 yr old trailer living on food stamps and Social Security behind the abandoned strip mall.

And a lot of these particular traits of Trump are shared by most of the 300 filthy rich oligarchs who rule the US. They see him and think what a great king he would make. And so they are all protecting him for use on another day.

Star Member Historic NY (34,566 posts)

31. Have to retweet these articles people seem to have short memories..

so I did.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

:rotf:

blogslug (35,430 posts)

8. I haven't done an extended search but I found this

It kind of follows what the OP is saying:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/after-a-day-of-violence-and-25th-amendment-chatter-trumps-allies-jumping-ship

As the violent mob incited by President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, some West Wing staffers panicked that they were possibly becoming participants in a coup to overthrow the government. “What do I do? Resign?” one nervous White House staffer asked a friend on Wednesday afternoon, shortly after news broke that a woman had been shot and killed inside the Capitol. The West Wing staffer told the friend that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone was urging White House officials not to speak to Trump or enable his coup attempt in any way, so they could reduce the chance they could be prosecuted for treason under the Sedition Act. “They’re being told to stay away from Trump,” the friend said. The White House declined to comment.

Cipollone’s purported concern that Trump was committing treason—a federal crime—illustrates the chaos and fear of Wednesday’s unprecedented events. At least one staffer isn’t waiting to flee the ship. On Wednesday night, CNN reported that Stephanie Grisham, the former White House communications director and Melania Trump’s current chief of staff, resigned over the Trump-inspired riot. As staff quit or steer clear, Trump is increasingly isolated and alone. According to a person close to the White House, Trump refused to take calls on Wednesday from business leaders who wanted him to call off the insurrectionists. A former West Wing staffer said Republicans were texting and calling Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to lobby him to intervene, but Meadows wasn’t answering...

Like I said, not exactly what the OP stated but kinda

Emphasis as in blogslug's post. :rotf:

An annoymorous "West Wing staffer" told an annoymorous friend who spoke to a :rotf: Vanity Fair :rotf: reporter ..... you can tell this "news" from :rotf: Vanity Fair :rotf: is serious, because the information didn't originate from an unfaithful Secret Service German shepherd, :rotf:  :tongue:  :rotf:  :tongue:  :rotf: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

sounds like...24 business hours.