Author Topic: CATHOLIC BISHOP: VOTING FOR OBAMA, DEMS COULD PLACE ‘ETERNAL SALVATION . . . "  (Read 797 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
The full headline is below.  I wasn't sure where to put it--Religious Discussions, Election 2012, Politics all could have this.

But, it's about time a Catholic bishop said this.

CATHOLIC BISHOP: VOTING FOR OBAMA, DEMS COULD PLACE ‘ETERNAL SALVATION OF YOUR OWN SOUL IN SERIOUS JEOPARDY’

Posted on September 28, 2012 at 12:42pm by      Billy Hallowell

Bishop Thomas John Paprocki from Springfield, Illinois, is getting attention after making some strongly-worded comments about those Americans who opt to vote for President Barack Obama in November. In a column and video that was posted by Catholic Times, the official newspaper of the Diocese of Springfield, Paprocki targeted portions of the Democratic platform that “explicitly endorse intrinsic evils.” He also warned that supporting certain politicians could place peoples’ “eternal salvation…in jeopardy.”

While he noted that it’s not his job to to tell people who do vote for, the faith leader said that he has a duty to speak out about moral issues. Despite his stated problems with the Democratic Party platform — the initial removal of God, its stance abortion and its support of gay marriage – Paprocki spoke relatively favorably of the Republican platform.

The rest of the story is here:  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/catholic-bishop-voting-for-obama-dems-could-place-eternal-salvation-of-your-own-soul-in-serious-jeopardy/

I seem to remember, about 16 to 18 years ago, having a conversation with a few of my great-aunts on my father's side, and I was saying this exact point.  Didn't sway them in the least.  It (the truth as told by the bishop cited) needs to be stressed, over and over.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

Run-of-the-mill Catholics will continue voting mostly DemonRat until major DemonRat politicians that claim to be Catholic are excommunicated.