Author Topic: New Year's Eve Menu (and snacks)  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

New Year's Eve Menu (and snacks)
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »
My evening will start off at a restaurant. Probably Mexican. My mood will ultimately decide. Maybe steak.

I will dine early and I've set a few things aside for the midnight vigil.
Chips and dip. Simple Lipton Onion Soup Mix and sour cream.
I bought a bottle of red wine. I don't drink but Its 2012...if I'm doomed, I will have a bit of alcohol in my system.

I also have cheddar cheese to slice. I fine summer sausage (garlic), and Christmas cookies.

I got a two liter bottle of Pepsi. some Gatorade. and of course, tea.

I'm thinking seriously of making a bean dip, but the last time I ate the whole thing and was silent but deadly for the 24 hours...Maybe I should wait till Monday so I can share with my co-workers...

what have you set aside?

Offline CG6468

Re: New Year's Eve Menu (and snacks)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
Nothing special planned. We'll just get a pizza and lie low. There are too many nuts out on the roads tonight.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
My evening will start off at a restaurant. Probably Mexican. My mood will ultimately decide. Maybe steak.

I will dine early and I've set a few things aside for the midnight vigil.
Chips and dip. Simple Lipton Onion Soup Mix and sour cream.
I bought a bottle of red wine. I don't drink but Its 2012...if I'm doomed, I will have a bit of alcohol in my system.

I also have cheddar cheese to slice. I fine summer sausage (garlic), and Christmas cookies.

I got a two liter bottle of Pepsi. some Gatorade. and of course, tea.

I'm thinking seriously of making a bean dip, but the last time I ate the whole thing and was silent but deadly for the 24 hours...Maybe I should wait till Monday so I can share with my co-workers...

what have you set aside?

Alasken King Crabs stuffed with Ritz cracker meal, Old Bay, butter and lemon.

Cheese the really sharp kind, Crackers, olives and pickles, and a strange ingredient for the bunch peanut butter.  Yes I know the thing sounds strange but my boys at 5 & 8 came up with this years ago when they were going through their strange food phase and by golly, this is good.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:42:07 PM »
Staying at home, gonna grill steak and make some roasted potatoes and salad.  Tomorrow I have friends coming over, and will be cooking Chris's roasted pork loin, augratin potatoes and sauteed cabbage.  Blackeyed Pea dip for an appetizer.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »
Alasken

Is that anywhere near Alaska?

Pot roast and vegetables here.  Will be making traditional Sunday breakfast of eggs, biscuits and gravy, and hash browns tomorrow.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford