Author Topic: Zombie Burger...and unique places in Your town...  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Zombie Burger...and unique places in Your town...
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
ZOMBIE BURGER Des Moines, Iowa.
Its a fairly new place in Downtown Des Moines. You can guess the theme.
(its got a website too, search under...zombie burger)

The sandwiches are all named, and bizarre. There is the "Dead Elvis." The, "They're Coming to Get You, Barbara."
I ordered the Walking Ched. It's a cheese burger with something else instead of buns: Two slices of breaded, deep-fried macaroni and cheese. The sandwich was so big, I could not open my mouth wide enough to eat it.

Further, it was so big, there was NO room for my fries. (I took them home) They are chili-cheese fries.
They will be dinner.

The place has more customers than it knows what to do with. No parking nearby. Saturday was a good day because all the state parking lots are empty. So you can walk to the place in a few moments.
----------------------------------------

OK, that said. What are the cool trendy places in YOUR town?

This feels like a cooking/travel channel program. But CCers known the real cool places.
We drive around the country. You never know when a CCer will be passing thru. this is a great opportunity to guide him/her to a great place. A little bit of love for your fellow posters.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Zombie Burger...and unique places in Your town...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 07:18:42 PM »
There's a regional burger chain around here called Backyard Burger.  You can go to Fat Mo's and get their pound-and-a-half Super Deluxe Burger or if you're in Columbia on Highway 31, you can stop at Jana's Jumbo House, but Backyard Burger still has the tastiest sandwiches in town.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »
Psycho Donuts.  I'm not a huge fan, but they are pretty popular.  All of their employees dress in nurses uniforms like they are in a mental ward.  A few of their donuts:

Cereal Killer: A filled donut with crunchberries cereal on top

Jekyll and Hyde:  A chocolate donut with glaze on one half and sprinkles on the other

Feng Shui: Donut with green tea icing and pieces of dark chocolate.

The donuts tend to be over the top and huge.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
There's a joint called the "Funny Pages Cafe" in my town (north-central Missouri).

It's basically a hole-in-the-wall joint, but the decor is semi-cute if you're into reading the funny pages. Lotsa Betty Boop, Archie and Jughead, Dudley DoRight and the rest of the yahoos.

They post "riddles of the day" which are usually groaners.

The food is mediocre, but it's one of two joints in town where you can get breakfast on the weekend. No joke. This place needs a Denny's or something similar in the worst way.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.