Author Topic: The 1,690 calorie mac n' cheeseburger  (Read 1742 times)

Offline RobJohnson

The 1,690 calorie mac n' cheeseburger
« on: September 02, 2011, 02:11:20 AM »
Denny's does it again:

More

The most notable is the Mac n' Cheese Big Daddy Patty Melt: A burger patty layered with slices of cheese, macaroni and cheese, another layer of cheese, some kind of tomato-based "frisco" sauce and two pieces of buttered-up potato bread. Still hungry? It comes with a side of fries.

The 1,690 calorie count makes a lot more sense when you consider the sandwich is breakfast, lunch and dinner stacked on top of each other. It makes absolutely zero sense when you consider that it's got 500 more calories than a Carl's Jr. burger with fries, and large coke. It's about three times the calories of a KFC Double Down sandwich. And about 200 calories more than five (count 'em, five) Boston Market Mac and Cheese sides.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: The 1,690 calorie mac n' cheeseburger
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 06:22:20 AM »
If that is all that one consumed that day, it wouldn't be too bad.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 03:51:24 PM »
 :puke:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 02:47:58 AM »
Looking at the picture, it must take a lot of salt and pepper to eat...the shakers are empty!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:35:56 AM »
Rob, it's DENNY'S.

NOTHING tastes good there.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
I just might have to make one of those here in the near future.  :-)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson