Author Topic: found by accident  (Read 1866 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
found by accident
« on: October 30, 2010, 11:51:35 AM »
No one told me about this site, I found it as I was wondering what kind of spice to use in my baked chicken thighs.

I just put in McCormick's in search and came up with their home site.

WOW, for a Yankee that uses few spices, S&P, bay leaves, thyme and seasoned salt, at the most, this site is fantastic.

All these recipes that use just a few ingredients cost per serving less then $3.00 

I am going to experiment ------brown the thigh's, place in backing dish, add Lipton onion soup and mushroom soup, 1/2 cup half & half. some thyme and Rosemary.

Himmmmmmm, may have to feed it to the dogs, but I believe it just may work.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: found by accident
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »
No one told me about this site, I found it as I was wondering what kind of spice to use in my baked chicken thighs.

I just put in McCormick's in search and came up with their home site.

WOW, for a Yankee that uses few spices, S&P, bay leaves, thyme and seasoned salt, at the most, this site is fantastic.

All these recipes that use just a few ingredients cost per serving less then $3.00 

I am going to experiment ------brown the thigh's, place in backing dish, add Lipton onion soup and mushroom soup, 1/2 cup half & half. some thyme and Rosemary.

Himmmmmmm, may have to feed it to the dogs, but I believe it just may work.

and exactly WHICH site is it that you found  or did you intend on leaving us to guess??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »
I'm pretty boring with chicken most of the time. I'll bake a breast or leg quarter plain with the skin on, then when it is done, strip off the skin and give that to the dog after it cools, then sprinkle either some Montreal Chicken spice, or some Cajun seasoning or Old Bay on the chicken.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
and exactly WHICH site is it that you found  or did you intend on leaving us to guess??

Sorry Mr. Thor, it was Just McCormick's.com

I found that if I go to the sights that food company's have really revamped in the last year---Wow, lots of ideas.

I am now headed for OLD BAY for some ideas.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:35:19 AM »
I'm pretty boring with chicken most of the time. I'll bake a breast or leg quarter plain with the skin on, then when it is done, strip off the skin and give that to the dog after it cools, then sprinkle either some Montreal Chicken spice, or some Cajun seasoning or Old Bay on the chicken.

Give this site a lookie see.

http://www.McCormick.com/Recipes/Under3/BeefChart.aspx

Lots of yummier chicken recipes fantastic.