Author Topic: oatmeal and biscuits  (Read 1598 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
oatmeal and biscuits
« on: August 16, 2008, 07:11:09 PM »
I didn't want to head to town this evening to get groceries, and so decided to make do with what I have; there's all the staples (milk, butter, fresh fruits and vegetables, bread, eggs, cheese, whatnot), but I decided to Hell with it, why not try something different?

I noticed one of those 19-cent boxes of Jiffy buttermilk biscuit mix, and decided to do that.

The instructions on the box are more complicated then they need to be; I just mix the boxed biscuit mix and water (as instructed), but rather than all this rolling-and-cutting nonsense, I pour the mixture into a cake-pan (Corningware, the best cookware ever invented), as if one is making a cake.

No need to mess with all this other stuff; when it's done, one can cut it.

Not being a primitive, I'm not going to waste an hour and a half making biscuits, when ten minutes or less is all it takes.

Anyway, just as I was getting done stirring the mixture, I thought perhaps it might not hurt to add some pizzaz to the biscuits.  I grabbed some Quaker Oats oatmeal and dumped that into the mixture.

It turned out great; I think I'll do it again sometime.

You know, this again illustrates the sharp differences between the primitives, and decent and civilized people.

The primitives are obsessed with following instructions and not trying anything different.

Let the record show that the only people, for example, who have ever objected to, or found "strange," franksolich putting cream cheese or sour cream on corn-on-the-cob, rather than margarine (of course I use only butter, never margarine, when called for)--the only people who have ever objected to, or found "strange," have been uptight reactionary Democrats, liberals, and primitives.

Decent and civilized people don't even blink an eye when confronted with someone dousing his corn-on-the-cob with sour cream, and many of them even decide to try it themselves, inevitably coming to the conclusion that, hey, that's pretty good.

But to Democrats, liberals, and primitives, the idea seems so revolutionary, so out of the ordinary, so violating of social norms, that they shudder at the sight.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Flame

Re: oatmeal and biscuits
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:52:11 PM »
Interesting combination, Frank. 

As for biscuits, I usually "drop" mine by spoonfuls, rather than roll and cut.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 08:04:37 PM »
Interesting combination, Frank. 

As for biscuits, I usually "drop" mine by spoonfuls, rather than roll and cut.

Yeah, I thought of that as an option, but it would have made one more spoon to wash.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »
Jalapeno( sissies can substitute Broccoli) Cornbread or Crackin' cornbread. Both so easy to make and oh so good to eat.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.