Author Topic: War with Iraq?  (Read 11318 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: War with Iraq?
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2008, 12:39:15 PM »
Oh, and getting back to the subject (that is if you all have the ability to discuss the subject and not cut down the poster. I'm wondering about the intellect at the moment in light of the pile on), how does something being a "liberal" source take away from the fact that the people that the Iraqis voted for (by 52 percent at the least) want a withdrawal based on a time table?

God, you are dense. I was merely pointing out that the website you used as a source couldn't perform simple mathematical equations when they claimed "144 out of 275 = 70%". What they are referencing as a source for their "information" is a document addressed to the U.S. House from Shiites in the Iraqi Parliament, whom are loyal to the cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, claiming they have a majority of support for a amendment to the soon to be ratified U.S. security pact for a continued presence in Iraq. The document has the 30 + Shiite signatories, not "144", who want this timetable for U.S. military force-size to be drawn down and eventually withdrawn from the nation, attached to the security pact when it is ratified.

Here is a PDF of the document addressed to the U.S. House:

http://www.house.gov/delahunt/iraqparliamentltr6408.pdf

Here is a link to the entire article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365424,00.html

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:47:32 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lanie

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2008, 12:46:32 PM »
Oh, and getting back to the subject (that is if you all have the ability to discuss the subject and not cut down the poster. I'm wondering about the intellect at the moment in light of the pile on), how does something being a "liberal" source take away from the fact that the people that the Iraqis voted for (by 52 percent at the least) want a withdrawal based on a time table?

Seriously guys, if you can't do better than insults, then I have to wonder about YOUR intellect. It sounds like it's not very high.

I'll be honest here, your way of "debating" drives me nuts.  It reminds me of Bok only not quite as calm and witty.  You are obtuse and the difference between you and Bok is that I don't think you are obtuse on purpose while he does it to piss people off.  Have you ever stopped to wonder why you seem to rub a great number of people the wrong way?  Could it perhaps be you and not them?  This has nothing to do with you holding the views you do, it is your reasons behind your views.  They seem very 'in the moment" and not deeply held.  If you had any power you would be the kind of person who would rule by polls, which to me is very infantile.  You embody the very stereotype of a liberal as far as conservatives are concerned.  I guess it makes sense, you are a liberal after all.

Seriously, why are you here?  I'm not trying to be mean, I really want to know.  You have your little corner of the net, why would you want to even participate at a place that does not respect you?  It says more about you than it does any of us.  If you feel our intellect is juvenile, why stay?

BEG, even CU knows how to disagree with me without insulting now. It's THIS BOARD. Something is terribly wrong with some of the people on here. Let's see. Patriot Game. The guy who threatened me more than once at CU until I called his bluff. TxRadioguy. Was okay with me as long as he was a mod, could have his way. He comes off as a spoiled brat that has to have his way. Airwolf. Hates liberals. Badcat. Hates liberals. Both not happy unless they can be stepping on them. Zaf. Hates liberals and has no desire to be their equal. Neither does a lot of people here for that matter. It basically looks like the worst of CU. There's something wrong with THIS BOARD, not the rest of the internet world like you all claim.

As for why I'm here, what can I say? After so much seeking off attention over here, they got mine. Seriously Beg, why do you honestly believe people here should have a right to seek attention on a regular basis and not get it? That's sounds spoiled. Like a bratty type of spoiled. Truth is if people weren't seeking attention here on a regular basis, I never would have registered.

And then I got here and found out that not everybody here is the trashiest, brattiest part of CU. So unlike the rest of the internet world, I'm actually wanting to give you a chance.

I promised staff I'd be nicer, but nobody in their right mind can be nice to spoiled brats like the ones in this thread. I've worked with at risk kids who were better behaved.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »
Bridget you gonna get back to the subject or are you going to do what you accuse us of and keep addressing the red herrings you created instead?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lanie

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »
And actually, I do have quite a bit of knowledge of politics and the media, including the fact that many conservatives think anything that isn't Fox is liberal. A little hard to take the "liberal" accusation seriously IMO.

Typical broadbrush on your part Bridget.

And having dealt with all of us on at least one other board where this stuff is concerned...you SHOULD know better than to come in here with your vague Liberal talking point memos about Iraq et al and think you can slip them by us.

ESPECIALLY when there are several of us here that have actually BEEN to Iraq...have actually deat and lived with and among the Iraqi's and have a better sense of what really is going on in Iraq than the Pseudo Intellectual folks like yourself.

And as for you boo-hooing about us being mean?  

get ovver it.

Toughen up and make your arguments in a factual way that don't sound like typical air headded babble from your buddies a the DUmp.

For goodness sakes, I've been Lanie across the forums for two years now. I'm even Lanie at CU now. Can you please call me that and stop living in the past of two years ago?

Next, you've got to be kidding me. No matter how good my arguing or debating is, you all are not mature enough to recognize when I'm right. Give me a break. I'm not stupid.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
Seriously guys, if you can't do better than insults, then I have to wonder about YOUR intellect. It sounds like it's not very high.

This coming from someone who thinks Obama is a centrist and McCain is a Right-Winger.  :whatever:

You really ARE in way over your head. It's not a f'n secret that Barack is the most liberal Senator in Congress. Well, not a secret to anyone aside from you, that is.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lanie

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 12:50:34 PM »
Bridget you gonna get back to the subject or are you going to do what you accuse us of and keep addressing the red herrings you created instead?

Why should I bother addressing the subject when you all have made it me and won't let it go back to being the subject? Give me a break. You have no intention of actually discussing the subject with me. At least people like Badcat are honest about this stuff.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »
Next, you've got to be kidding me. No matter how good my arguing or debating is, you all are not mature enough to recognize when I'm right. Give me a break. I'm not stupid.

Right about what? You have yet to be right about anything on this board.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »

Why should I bother addressing the subject when you all have made it me and won't let it go back to being the subject? Give me a break. You have no intention of actually discussing the subject with me. At least people like Badcat are honest about this stuff.

This is standard operating procedure for you Bridget...at least you're predictabale.

I asked honest legit questions about what you said.

YOU chose to go off on side roads and ignore the stuff people are presenting to refute what you say.

If anyone here has no interest in honest discussion about the OT...it's you.

Quit projecting what you're doing in the rest of us.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lanie

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »

This is standard operating procedure for you Bridget...at least you're predictabale.

YOU chose to go off on side roads and ignore the stuff people are presenting to refute what you say.

I'll get back to you when you actually want to discuss the subject with me and not do some ****ed up piled on. Sorry, the pile on pissed me off and I don't care to discuss now.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »

For goodness sakes, I've been Lanie across the forums for two years now. I'm even Lanie at CU now. Can you please call me that and stop living in the past of two years ago?

You are once again denying reality and insisting folks recognize something as fact when it is demonstably untrue.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 12:57:17 PM »

I'll get back to you when you actually want to discuss the subject with me and not do some ****ed up piled on. Sorry, the pile on pissed me off and I don't care to discuss now.

Translation:  Undies was right again.  I'm in W-A-Y over my head and I must retreat.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »

Why should I?  Your actions and behavior hasn't changed.

You are and always will be Bridget to me.

Next, you've got to be kidding me. No matter how good my arguing or debating is, you all are not mature enough to recognize when I'm right. Give me a break.

Typical leftist Pseudo Intellectual Esotericism on your part.

You think you're soooo much damn smarter than the rest of us...when all you are is a Libtard tool.

We've debated you to death over several forums on these issues Bridget.

You've yet to be right once.

So for you to claim we won't admit you're right is just obtuse jackassery on your part.

I'm not stupid.

Nope...but you are a fool.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:59:30 PM by TheSarge »

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »

Typical Bridget.  When the going gets tough...she gets going....out the door that is.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »

Pretty standard liberal "debating" technique....when confronted with facts and logical questions.....claim that their "widdle feelings" are hurt, and disappear....for awhile.......

Geez guys....I've read this lightweight's screeds on other boards for years, and she sure as hell isn't getting any smarter with age and exposure.......why waste your energy?

doc
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:00:46 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Lanie

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »

Typical Bridget.  When the going gets tough...she gets going....out the door that is.

Actually, I'm probably here until I'm banned (which may be soon, but that's okay because I'm passed the days of whining across the net about stuff like that). I'll try again later.

Oh, and you do realize that you claiming I was never right in two years if confirming my accusation about you all not being able to admit when I'm right, right? You've never acknowledged me as being right unless I showed my righty side and kissed your ass with it.

As for my name, fine. But I have to say you and others are confusing those who don't already know me from elsewhere.

on edit: Just want to say that I do not think conservatives are stupid, just the ones who think they're always right.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »
Actually, I'm probably here until I'm banned (which may be soon, but that's okay because I'm passed the days of whining across the net about stuff like that). I'll try again later.

Oh, and you do realize that you claiming I was never right in two years if confirming my accusation about you all not being able to admit when I'm right, right? You've never acknowledged me as being right unless I showed my righty side and kissed your ass with it.

As for my name, fine. But I have to say you and others are confusing those who don't already know me from elsewhere.

on edit: Just want to say that I do not think conservatives are stupid, just the ones who think they're always right.

You'll only get banned for violations of the rules here or if you ask to have your account removed.

That's the same damn whiny-assed crap you used to pull at CU when we'd hand you your ass on this stuff.

Speculating on something that isn't gonna happen is about the lamest piece of projeciton I've seen from you since you told me I needed therapy.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2008, 01:13:31 PM »

still waiting for a source for this "fact"...other that Huff-blo.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »

Translation:
I'm always right 'n stuff.  Y'all are just being mean'n stuff.  I'll be in my corner pouting 'n stuff.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2008, 01:36:36 PM »
We are at war with Iraq?   :o

I didn't know that!  I guess I learn a little something every day. 

I thought we were invading Iran ?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
I figure most people here probably think we should have went in. Should we stay? Why or why not? I was for staying until stabilization, but I recently read an article stating that some Iraqi legislators want us to go home, so I think we should go home.

Thoughts?

Cut and run and surrender are great options.  The chaos left behind will be wonderful for ME stability.

Yeah looked what happened to Vietnam and Cambodia
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »

I'll be honest here, your way of "debating" drives me nuts.  It reminds me of Bok only not quite as calm and witty.  You are obtuse and the difference between you and Bok is that I don't think you are obtuse on purpose while he does it to piss people off.  Have you ever stopped to wonder why you seem to rub a great number of people the wrong way?  Could it perhaps be you and not them?  This has nothing to do with you holding the views you do, it is your reasons behind your views.  They seem very 'in the moment" and not deeply held.  If you had any power you would be the kind of person who would rule by polls, which to me is very infantile.  You embody the very stereotype of a liberal as far as conservatives are concerned.  I guess it makes sense, you are a liberal after all.

Seriously, why are you here?  I'm not trying to be mean, I really want to know.  You have your little corner of the net, why would you want to even participate at a place that does not respect you?  It says more about you than it does any of us.  If you feel our intellect is juvenile, why stay?

BEG, even CU knows how to disagree with me without insulting now. It's THIS BOARD. Something is terribly wrong with some of the people on here. Let's see. Patriot Game. The guy who threatened me more than once at CU until I called his bluff. TxRadioguy. Was okay with me as long as he was a mod, could have his way. He comes off as a spoiled brat that has to have his way. Airwolf. Hates liberals. Badcat. Hates liberals. Both not happy unless they can be stepping on them. Zaf. Hates liberals and has no desire to be their equal. Neither does a lot of people here for that matter. It basically looks like the worst of CU. There's something wrong with THIS BOARD, not the rest of the internet world like you all claim.

As for why I'm here, what can I say? After so much seeking off attention over here, they got mine. Seriously Beg, why do you honestly believe people here should have a right to seek attention on a regular basis and not get it? That's sounds spoiled. Like a bratty type of spoiled. Truth is if people weren't seeking attention here on a regular basis, I never would have registered.

And then I got here and found out that not everybody here is the trashiest, brattiest part of CU. So unlike the rest of the internet world, I'm actually wanting to give you a chance.

I promised staff I'd be nicer, but nobody in their right mind can be nice to spoiled brats like the ones in this thread. I've worked with at risk kids who were better behaved.
ENOUGH! I don't give a tinker's damn about what happened on CU in the past. I also don't care about what transpires on other boards now. I made it crystal clear to you in another conversation that people here travel in overlapping circles and everyone knows everyone else from different boards. I also said you needed to contribute and debate honestly if you wanted to be taken seriously.

So far, everyone has done a good job of towing the line and not dredging up the past or drama from other boards (for the most part). But calling out people on CC for their past behavior on CU and listing them by name and airing old grievances? NOT COOL lanie. Not cool at all.

Let me make this clear to everyone: stop picking at old wounds. This is not an official warning. Just a plea to keep CC's integrity. You guys are all adults and have free reign here. Use it wisely. I think it's safe to assume that everyone is familiar with Lanie's opinions and posting style. And Lanie clearly has opinons about some of you. That's fine. Think what you want about each other. But for the love of Mike, please try to stay on topic. If you really must hash it out, go to the Fight Club. You can bash, trash and mash each other to your heart's content there.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »

ENOUGH! I don't give a tinker's damn about what happened on CU in the past. I also don't care about what transpires on other boards now. I made it crystal clear to you in another conversation that people here travel in overlapping circles and everyone knows everyone else from different boards. I also said you needed to contribute and debate honestly if you wanted to be taken seriously.

So far, everyone has done a good job of towing the line and not dredging up the past or drama from other boards (for the most part). But calling out people on CC for their past behavior on CU and listing them by name and airing old grievances? NOT COOL lanie. Not cool at all.

Let me make this clear to everyone: stop picking at old wounds. This is not an official warning. Just a plea to keep CC's integrity. You guys are all adults and have free reign here. Use it wisely. I think it's safe to assume that everyone is familiar with Lanie's opinions and posting style. And Lanie clearly has opinons about some of you. That's fine. Think what you want about each other. But for the love of Mike, please try to stay on topic. If you really must hash it out, go to the Fight Club. You can bash, trash and mash each other to your heart's content there.

H5 for you young Lady, but what is a "Tinker's Damn" ?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
Hehe. I've heard it my whole life. It basically means, I really don't give a sh*t. A "tinker's damn (or dam)" being something of little value.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »
"Tinker's-dam - a wall of dough raised around a place which a plumber desires to flood with a coat of solder. The material can be but once used; being consequently thrown away as worthless."

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/tinkers-damn.html

Google is your friend.  :-)