Author Topic: "Halo's re/Feeds" (new site!)  (Read 1281 times)

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
"Halo's re/Feeds" (new site!)
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:24:17 PM »
I have started a new blog this last week. It is meant to be a best of the blogosphere site. Sort of.

I call it "Halo's re/Feeds".

http://thatpoliticalblog.com/refeeds

What I have done is to use RSS feeds from my favorite political blogs and news sites and built this site to auto post them all in one place. I started this originally with an entirely different purpose in mind. I wanted to have all of my favorite RSS feeds in a single place but web based so I can access them from anywhere. I wanted them all in one place to avoid hitting a couple of dozens sites and blogs each day.

I tried a number of different RSS aggregator programs and just did not see anything I liked. So I went with another copy of the same program I use for my blog but with it's only purpose being to automatically re/post articles from my fav sites. It is not totally automatic, theres stilla  few bugs in the RSS aggregator plugin I use (that the writer won't acknowledge) which necessitates some babysitting.

Anyway, I would welcome any input you would have for me. If you have favorite RSS feeds you would like to see added I would be glad to do so.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell