Author Topic: CC Starting to overtake CU in activity  (Read 20576 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: CC Starting to overtake CU in activity
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »
Anyone with moral clarity has a conscience.

gator has moral clarity.

I suspect gator is hiding, out of shame and embarassment for all that he wrought.

Personally, I always found that 'Moral clarity' schtick to be one of the most irritatingly stupid things about CU.  Particularly as personified by Gator, it usually didn't have anything whatsoever to do with morality or clarity, just arrogance, ego, and an apparently-baseless feeling of superiority.

As far as the second part goes, I have never seen anything to indicate that Gator was actually capable of shame or embarassment...every time he laid a big steaming turd on the rug (which was frequently) he would loudly proclaim it was the morally correct thing to do and the rest of us simply lacked the moral clarity and sophisitcation to understand the 'plain-spoken native truth' of his act...whether it be for various bannings, his hatred of Israel, gratuitously insulting Kharis, his idiotic pot-stirring on the Civil War, or what-have-you.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2008, 02:32:46 PM »

gator has moral clarity.

I suspect gator is hiding, out of shame and embarassment for all that he wrought.

Personally, I always found that 'Moral clarity' schtick to be one of the most irritatingly stupid things about CU.  Particularly as personified by Gator, it usually didn't have anything whatsoever to do with morality or clarity, just arrogance, ego, and an apparently-baseless feeling of superiority.

As far as the second part goes, I have never seen anything to indicate that Gator was actually capable of shame or embarassment...every time he laid a big steaming turd on the rug (which was frequently) he would loudly proclaim it was the morally correct thing to do and the rest of us simply lacked the moral clarity and sophisitcation to understand the 'plain-spoken native truth' of his act...whether it be for various bannings, his hatred of Israel, gratuitously insulting Kharis, his idiotic pot-stirring on the Civil War, or what-have-you.

I wonder if anyone here (or there) knows him well enough IRL to determine how much of his schtick was real, or just his internet personna? 

He is/was nothing if not consistant with his BS......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 03:28:27 PM »

gator has moral clarity.

I wonder if anyone here (or there) knows him well enough IRL to determine how much of his schtick was real, or just his internet personna? 

He is/was nothing if not consistant with his BS......

doc

oh yeah, SLW and SarasotaRepublican know him in real life... The whole thing is supposedly a big joke and they love him to death. Havent you seen SRs constant, "cant believe you guys keep falling for this!!  :-)" posts in every gator thread?

gator just likes to stir the pot and keep the infighting going, but who knows what he really believes at this point. he's a cartoon character to most of us.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
oh yeah, SLW and SarasotaRepublican know him in real life... The whole thing is supposedly a big joke and they love him to death. Havent you seen SRs constant, "cant believe you guys keep falling for this!!  :-)" posts in every gator thread?

gator just likes to stir the pot and keep the infighting going, but who knows what he really believes at this point. he's a cartoon character to most of us.

Well, I certainly can't give him credit for being very smart.....to destroy an entire board as some sort of internet ego trip?  If I were RobCrook, I'd boot his ass so fast he would not know what hit him......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

Well, I certainly can't give him credit for being very smart.....to destroy an entire board as some sort of internet ego trip?  If I were RobCrook, I'd boot his ass so fast he would not know what hit him......

doc

it appears Rob remembers he has a board about once or twice a year... he wont even notice if long time members are gone cause he also doesnt appear to know most of the personalities at all..

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:15 PM »

They're welcome to him then.  Watching someone act the fool has a small shock entertainment value once, after that they can tell each other how cute Junior is 'cause I'm not sticking around to watch him dig poo out of his diaper to fling. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2008, 06:29:44 PM »

It is an act.  The persona of gator is a big act.  I told everyone many times.  There isn't a genuine thing about it.  I even called it Street Theater. 

The point of it is it was out of hand.  Too out of hand.  It wasn't funny or amusing.  It was sick. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2008, 07:50:20 PM »

It is an act.  The persona of gator is a big act.  I told everyone many times.  There isn't a genuine thing about it.  I even called it Street Theater. 

The point of it is it was out of hand.  Too out of hand.  It wasn't funny or amusing.  It was sick. 

It's an act when it's just an oddball member persona who never seems to get banned no matter how outrageous his posts get.  When it's someone with total admin powers who's doing it, it is no longer an act no matter what the original intent, it becomes the total character of the board.  And in CU's case, that character is currently FUBAR. 

Offline Jack Pott

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2008, 06:14:22 AM »
Is there a site that has banned more people than CU? (No) That's why CU is dying and this site is booming.   

To be fair to CU, I think you may have overlooked a site in your analysis.  Some obscure little site that goes by "DU" for short, IIRC.

You may be right, but you do understand the point I was trying to make? CU has banned a lot of people. A lot. Why? Simply because gator doesn't wanna hear dissenting opinions. That's not how discussion forums should be run...

Gator is always hiding. In debates he hides behind insults and accusations (that's his way to avoid addressing issues and answering questions). He runs away when he's cornered. Now he's cornered and he knows it. The crap that he's been spewing for years has finally come back to bite him in the ass and he knows it. That's why he's hiding.

Gator's idea of "moral clarity" is utterly twisted. He presents his opinions as facts and accuses those who don't buy his idea of "truth" of being ignorant. That's pure arrogance.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 07:26:46 AM by Jack Pott »

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2008, 12:49:59 PM »

gator has moral clarity.

You mean like running Kharis off with his "NAPPY HEADED HO" comments?

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »

Is that what happened??  I knew she left a while before the big implosion, but I missed the reason.....

Damn, thats cold.....

doc

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2008, 12:59:47 PM »

That was certainly one of the events I was talking about, yes.  He stepped on it royally with her and proved totally incapable of being a man about it.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2008, 01:05:12 PM »

That was certainly one of the events I was talking about, yes.  He stepped on it royally with her and proved totally incapable of being a man about it.

Damn shame. I liked Kharis.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
gator is, was, and will always be, a dumb assed white power pushing redneck shithead. His brand or moral clarity is the moral clarity of stormfront, the KKK, and the aryan nation.

Allowing him mod powers simple paints the whole place as a trashheap.

gator is the one reason I never donated to CU and never will.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »

Damn shame. I liked Kharis.

Kharis is here, Bondai under a different name. She pops in here and there just as she did on CU. I'm glad to have her posting here in any fashion. She's a delight and shoots right from the hip, no matter what criticism may come.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »
Well, I have to admit I missed most of the dust-up but I rarely posted anywhere but B/W over there. But I don't have time to post on both boards so I post here since most the people I liked to read there post here now. Well that and I follow frank around the Internet cuz I have a big crush on him. :blowkiss:

Cindie

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »
Well, I have to admit I missed most of the dust-up but I rarely posted anywhere but B/W over there. But I don't have time to post on both boards so I post here since most the people I liked to read there post here now. Well that and I follow frank around the Internet cuz I have a big crush on him. :blowkiss:

Cindie

Must fight off Frank envy. :banghead:

J/K....Frank is a one of a kind sort of person that we are all lucky to know of.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »

Cindie
Darlin ya ain't the only one with that crush.. :cheersmate:

In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
I saw Jumpserve is back on CU.

WOnder why.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »

WOnder why.

She thinks  TRG is still banned.  He needs to go over there and surprise her.  LOL

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2008, 06:42:20 PM »

WOnder why.

She thinks  TRG is still banned.  He needs to go over there and surprise her.  LOL

I don't even remember what happened that she left, all I knew is that there was a falling out, she started some other group that had maybe 12 members if that, and now she's back on CU. It's weird.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »

I don't even remember what happened that she left, all I knew is that there was a falling out, she started some other group that had maybe 12 members if that, and now she's back on CU. It's weird.

It involved Daveman and RNG back in 2006.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2008, 11:47:23 PM »

It involved Daveman and RNG back in 2006.
and that "drama" can die right here
Coz I'd hate to see D-man drug thru that shit again..
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Lauri

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2008, 12:49:28 AM »

yep.. i think it stopped being anywhere near 'funny' two years ago..

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2008, 12:52:49 AM »
and that "drama" can die right here
Coz I'd hate to see D-man drug thru that shit again..

I agree. Sadly, it came back again last year.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du