Author Topic: Fillets of sole meuniere  (Read 1775 times)

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Fillets of sole meuniere
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
In honor of what would have been Julia Child's 100th birthday.

Fillets of sole meuniere

It was a plate of buttery, sauteed sole dished up on her first day in France that set Julia Child on the course toward culinary fame and fortune. This recipe was published in her last cookbook, "Julia's Kitchen Wisdom: Essential Techniques and Recipes From a Lifetime of Cooking."

For 4 fillets up to 1/2-inch thick and 5 to 6 ounces each. Just before sauteing, season the fish with salt and pepper and turn in flour, shaking off excess. Heat the butter and oil in the pan until the butter foam begins to subside, lay in the fillets, and saute for about a minute on each side, just until the fish begins to take on a light springiness to the touch. Do not overcook — if the fish flakes, it is overdone. Remove to a hot platter, and sprinkle a tablespoon of minced fresh parsley over the fish. Rapidly wipe the pan clean with paper towels (so flour residue will not speckle the butter to come — or use a fresh pan). Heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in the pan, swishing it about and letting it brown lightly. Remove the pan from heat, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and, if you wish, toss in a spoonful of capers before spooning the hot butter over the fish.

Makes: 4 servings
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Undies

Re: Fillets of sole meuniere
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »
Now for the obvious:

I'm not making no damn manure!