Author Topic: Bostonian Drunkard blows chance for CNN appearance (2003)  (Read 3560 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Bostonian Drunkard blows chance for CNN appearance (2003)
« on: October 08, 2009, 06:28:23 AM »
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/824732/posts

I thought this was interesting.

This is from January 2003, and the member of freerepublic illuminating CNN was doug from upland, a prominent and much-appreciated member there.

Because JimRob does not want the name of the site mentioned, it will not be mentioned here. But you might find this interesting.

The co-author with Scott Ritter of a silly little book about Iraq is a whackjob named William Rivers Pitt. Pitt has been bragging that he has been talking to the CNN producer about going on the show.

I called earlier to let them know a little bit about Pitt. Whether that had any impact at all in keeping him off the show I cannot say.

I know we didn't need any more evidence to prove what a whackjob he is, but his latest action is really amusing. While trying to get on the show, he is badmouthing CNN behind their backs. Well, now CNN is in possession of what he has said.

After speaking with an assistant who knows who Pitt is, she gave me the e-mail address and told me to send the info to Molly Levinson. Here was my e-mail to the show: (newsnight@cnn.com)

ATTN: Molly Levinson

Molly, I thought you might like to know what a possible guest, William Pitt, really thinks of CNN.

Here is the link of what he just posted on the (redacted website)--- http://www.(redacted).com/duforum/DCForumID60/29044.html#13

BELOW ARE THE STATEMENTS FROM THE (redacted). Behind your back, he calls you "The Great Whore." He wants to be a guest but he mocks you. For your information, Pitt has taken his site www.WillPitt.com offline probably because he does not want people to be checking what he has written. He has actually put in writing that Ronald Reagan, through Ollie North, sent the bomb to Beirut that killed our Marines. He writes on all the anti-Bush internet sites and lives to do political damage to the president.

WilliamPitt Jan-17-03, 04:46 PM (ET) It is a NO-GO for me on CNN tonight (for now)

They are going in a "different direction" tonight, so I am off the hook.

BUT

She wants me to call her on Monday morning because they want to cover the protest in DC this weekend, and I told her I'd be there with Pacifica. So keep that karma coming.

And thanks.

dbaker41 (1075 posts)
Jan-17-03, 04:48 PM (ET)

2. Karma comin atcha, Bro!

I was looking forward to seeing you on the Great Whore CNN tonight.
Bake

WilliamPitt(12786 posts) Jan-17-03, 04:53 PM (ET)
Reply to post #2 3. The Great Whore will have to wait

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 04:53 PM (ET)
until Monday.

====================================

I gave them my full name and my phone number. You have to just love the rascal. He is begging to be on the show while calling CNN "The Great Whore."

If anyone would like to call CNN, the personnel for Aaron Brown's show get there about 2:00PM Eastern. I suppose they will be there now since it is an evening show. 212.714.7800

After which the Bostonian Drunkard got into an argument with CNN; he really really really wanted to be on big-time television, but never made it.

WilliamPitt (12810 posts)
Jan-17-03, 08:14 PM (ET)

I justn spent 1/2 an hour on the phone with Aaron Brown

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 08:41 PM (ET)

His producer got me on the phone with him, and he proceeded to scold me for the emails he got from those who read my letter to him. Apparently, a bunch of people wrote him to castigate him for not covering the iussue properly, and saw my letter as an invitation to that scolding, because I named him in it without stating clearly that I had written it without having seen his show. I told him that I wrote him specifically because I thought he'd speak truth to power, maybe. He didn't. Hence, the emails.

Let the record show that his program was NO DIFFERENT than the whores who had been on before him.

OOOHHH, it was a battle. Back and forth, "Excuse me, I'm Talking" and "Wait a minute" and "Hold on a second" and "You are SO wrong." I JUST HAD A F***ING PHONE WAR WITH AARON BROWN.

I f***ed him up. Bank it. The scolder became the scoldee.

I lectured the man, because he had phone etiquette.

EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO TELL A CNN PERSON, I told him tonight.

Everything.

It was joy.

We parted on good terms, but I am doubting I'll ever be on his show, unless I get unavoidably famous.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Bostonian Drunkard blows chance for CNN appearance (2003)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 12:07:38 PM »
poor Pitt... lol...

Now he is speaking to 12 people in Denver and his voice is a growl because of the smoking.... his throat is probably a dead black mass.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 12:48:53 PM »
I f***ed him up. Bank it. The scolder became the scoldee.

When is Karl Rove going to be indicted?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
When is Karl Rove going to be indicted?

We should forward the entire scree to CNN...

:-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »
We should forward the entire scree to CNN...

It was.

doug from upland sent it.

Back in 2003.

And so the Bostonian Drunkard didn't get on CNN.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 01:50:36 PM »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
I told him that I wrote him specifically because I thought he'd speak truth to power, maybe.

I love it when they use that phrase. It's sooooo stupid.  :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.