Author Topic: nominations for Top 10 DUmmies of 2008  (Read 10817 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
nominations for Top 10 DUmmies of 2008
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:17:15 AM »
Mr. Wiggum and I haven't completed concrete plans yet, but I figure hey, it's time to get going on the Top 10 DUmmies of 2008.  I assume--and Mr. Wiggum can yell-and-scream at me if I've assumed wrongly--that this is going to be a multi-board event, the Top 10 DUmmies of 2008, that is, more than just here.

I'm going to use it to recruit from other places, such as freerepublic, as one has to become a member to nominate and to vote.

But time's running short, so let's get going.

This is for nominations only; one can nominate as many DUmmies or primitives as one wishes.

If I recall correctly, there's three threads involved--(a) this one, for nominations, (b) a second one, for votes (if one wishes to vote publicly, although there is the option of voting privately via personal message too), and then (c) the third thread, the masterpiece of Mr. Wiggum, with the winners of the Top 10 DUmmies of 2008.

This is for nominations only.

This year, all my nominations are for primitives I loathe.

In no particular order, but starting at the bottom of the cesspool, I nominate both the skumbag primitive, the IanDB1 primitive, and the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher, the Proud2BLib primitive.

I'm adamantly, fervently, pro-life and all that, but to be bluntly honest, I wouldn't have minded it if their mothers, when pregnant with these two primitives, had fallen down the stairs or something.

Out of 6,000 primitives, these two drek primitives--the only drek primitives, period--are the only primitives towards whom I feel this way. 

Going up one tier, to the bottom-of-the-barrel primitives, I nominate Doug's ex-wife, the sfexpat2000 primitive, the Bostonian Drunkard, the William Pitt primitive, the sparkling husband primitive, the Husb2Sparkly primitive, El Stupido Supremo aka Pedro Picasso, the Atman primitive, and the lying titty primitive, the TomInTib primitive.

There's plenty to loathe and detest about these bottom-of-the-barrel primitives, but they do have the redeeming social value of providing decent and civilized people with much amusement.

Going up one tier further, to the unterprimitiven, the lynch mob, the faceless amorphous blob that is 99% of all primitives on Skins's island, I couldn't think of one.

So up one more step, to the third-tier primitives, the rabble-rousers, I nominate the lonestarnut primitive, the lonestarnot primitive, Sitting Bull, the Redstone primitive, and the kaput primitive, the kpete primitive.

I'm still not convinced the kaput primitive isn't a mole, but there you have it.

Then among the second-tier primitives, primitives who demonstrate promise of growth and maturity, again, I couldn't think of one.  But I tend to like most second-tier primitives anyway.

No first-tier primitives.

No non-primitives, the highest tier on Skins's island.

Well, that's ten, and remember, one can nominate less than ten or more than ten.

I know, I know, I know--what about this primitive or that primitive?  What about the greenbriar primitive, what about the subway cat the undergroundpanther primitive, what about the Obamaite cali primitive, &c., &c., &c.?

Although loathesome, they didn't have what it takes, to make franksolich more than mildly dislike them.

I also thought about the Swanson TV dinner primitive, the DavidSwanson primitive, and about that one primitive who did that one thing with Sarah Palin's infant--the name of that primitive now having flittered away from the memory--but I think the ten I selected are more than enough to get this "nomination" thing started.

Have at it, and Mr. Wiggum is free to yell-and-scream at me if I jumped the gun.

That happens sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:15:42 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: nominations for Top 10 DUmmies of 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:32:15 AM »
It saddens me that so many great ones have left the reservation.

I'm seriously thinking of offering "Name Removed" as one of my picks this year.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:33:43 AM »
It saddens me that so many great ones have left the reservation.

I'm seriously thinking of offering "Name Removed" as one of my picks this year.

You can do that, you know, sir.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 06:51:01 AM »
I'm voting for lonestarnut for the numero uno spot.  She beat Pitt at his own game.

There are a number of spring signups who've showed promise.  I'm hoping one of them might make at least the #10 spot and will have to go back through the posts to see which I would nominate.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 07:55:19 AM »
I'm voting for lonestarnut for the numero uno spot.  She beat Pitt at his own game.

There are a number of spring signups who've showed promise.  I'm hoping one of them might make at least the #10 spot and will have to go back through the posts to see which I would nominate.

It's all good.

The purpose of this thread is make others think of their favorite or non-favorite primitives.

There's the bobbling primitive, the bobbolink primitive, the American Nana primitive, the Nance Greggs primitive, the chin-challenged Lil Ava primitive, the Ava primitive, the freeloading bum wily primitive, the wiley50 primitive, the crooked tale primitive, the StraightStory primitive, for other examples, and so on and on.

Second-tier primitives might be a fertile field for nominations--the cboy4 primitive, the warped primitive, the Warpy primitive, the cuckoo primitive, the KoKo01 primitive, &c., &c., &c.--but as I personally like second-tier primitives, I'm not nominating them.  However, others are free to.

Does anyone remember who the primitive was, who devised that really lousy thing making fun of the Palin infant, and got mentioned by, I think, Michelle Malkin?  If I could've remembered his name, I would've nominated him too.

(The abovementioned are not nominations of mine; someone else if so inclined will have to nominate them.)
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:02:27 AM »
I nominate AD Bot this year for the number one spot.  The hilarity that it has caused has been side splitting :lmao:

Name removed showing their great acceptance of free speech. Kaput primitive kpete, for being such an asshole. IanDB1 as the most loathsem of the primitives.

lonestarnut for being such a douche.....................bobo primitive
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »
How can we not have subway cat? It is one of the biggest hypocrites on any board anywhere.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »
How can we not have subway cat? It is one of the biggest hypocrites on any board anywhere.

Of course we can have the subway cat--and any and all primitives.

If I nominated 25 primitives, I imagine the subway cat would be on the list.

But so as to not hog things, I nominated only ten, and had to be selective.

I'm hoping we get at least 100 primitives nominated.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:15 PM »
It's all good.

The purpose of this thread is make others think of their favorite or non-favorite primitives.

There's the bobbling primitive, the bobbolink primitive, the American Nana primitive, the Nance Greggs primitive, the chin-challenged Lil Ava primitive, the Ava primitive, the freeloading bum wily primitive, the wiley50 primitive, the crooked tale primitive, the StraightStory primitive, for other examples, and so on and on.

Second-tier primitives might be a fertile field for nominations--the cboy4 primitive, the warped primitive, the Warpy primitive, the cuckoo primitive, the KoKo01 primitive, &c., &c., &c.--but as I personally like second-tier primitives, I'm not nominating them.  However, others are free to.

Does anyone remember who the primitive was, who devised that really lousy thing making fun of the Palin infant, and got mentioned by, I think, Michelle Malkin?  If I could've remembered his name, I would've nominated him too.

(The abovementioned are not nominations of mine; someone else if so inclined will have to nominate them.)

I believe the DUmmy who posted the "E-bay Palin infant prop" thread was Bob Weaver.  Certainly worthy of a nomination.  There is a screenshot either here or at CU, I don't recall which.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »
I believe the DUmmy who posted the "E-bay Palin infant prop" thread was Bob Weaver.  Certainly worthy of a nomination.  There is a screenshot either here or at CU, I don't recall which.

yeah, that was him.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=13299.15
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »
Frank, you were certainly not jumping the gun by getting this started.  The more discussion before the voting, the better.

Ideally, I'd like to have as many people as possible chime on with their votes.  Frank and I will be working together to compile the final list after the votes are tallied.  We'll also come up with the always entertaining year-end thread, chock-full of references, screenshots & links.

I'll get the discussion going at CU, and if anyone would like to let the folks at FR know, please do.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
yeah, that was him.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=13299.15

Amazing that I remember arcane stuff like that, yet forget more important day to day life stuff.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »
My nominees are:

Greenbriar
TominTib
Atman
bobbolink
Nancy Greggs
cali
sfexpat
Judi Lynn
Octafish
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »
That Frenchiecat entry in urbandictionary.com was one of the funniest, damn things to happen to the monkeyhouse this year, though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:40:25 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
My nominees are:

Greenbriar
TominTib
Atman
bobbolink
Nancy Greggs
cali
sfexpat
Judi Lynn
Octafish

Octafish is just a name I've seen on Skins's island, and I never paid attention.

In a sentence or two, what makes the Octafish primitive distinctive?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
Amazing that I remember arcane stuff like that, yet forget more important day to day life stuff.

I feel your pain.  :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »
Octafish is just a name I've seen on Skins's island, and I never paid attention.

In a sentence or two, what makes the Octafish primitive distinctive?

Conspiracy Theorist.   45 Years On, We Must Bring JFK’s Killers to Justice

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »
iverglas is also quite a fount of ignorance.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »
Oh, I forgot seemslikeadream.  Nut!
Stink Eye

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »
Oh, I forgot seemslikeadream.  Nut!

This comes up every year.  There's just too much stupid to choose from, at least for me. 

I'd put greenbriar somewhere around four or five.  I'll work on the rest of my list, I promise.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 10:51:14 PM »

Conspiracy Theorist.   45 Years On, We Must Bring JFK’s Killers to Justice

Oh. 

I don't think I've ever been in the dungeon, which is probably fertile soil for DUmmies of 2008, but I am making progress.  Up until this year, even though I'd been watching the primitives on Skins's island since 2001, I never ventured outside "General Discussion."

I had this impression, along with, apparently, most of the primitives, that "General Discussion" is where it's at, where it's cool to be seen, where it's hip to hang around, and that all the other forums were, well, just soooooo uncool, unhip, untrendy.

But then when conservativecave was started, I began wandering into these other forums, so as to find material to build up the DUmpster here.  I haven't wandered very far yet, but I have wandered.  I just hadn't gotten to the dungeon yet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 10:51:53 PM »
IanDB1,  Bornaginhooligan, lonestarnot, greenbriar and TiT are shoo-ins, I reckon.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 10:59:21 PM »
This comes up every year.  There's just too much stupid to choose from.....

Well, to jog memories, here's the stupid that's been nominated:

Proud2BLib
IanDB1
sfexpat2000
William Pitt
Atman
TominTib
Husb2Sparkly
Redstone
lonestarnot
bobbolink
NanceGreggs
Ava
wiley50
The Straight Story
Ad Bot
undergroundpanther
Name Removed
Bob Weaver
kpete
greenbriar
cali
Octafish
Judi Lynn
iverglas
seemslikeadream
bornagainhooligan

Surely there's a lot more, but this list is to help others think of those other lot more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 11:01:25 PM »
I recently started reading bobolink.  She's a nut. :rofl:

And Bob Weaver deserves a spot just for being a vile asshole.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »
I'll throw "chimpsrsmarter" into the hat too.