Author Topic: Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In WeHo  (Read 3620 times)

Offline thundley4

Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In WeHo
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »
WTF?  If this had been an Obama mannequin, then the people would be called racist and charged with threatening a presidential candidate.
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) ― A Halloween decoration showing a mannequin dressed as vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin hanging by a noose from the roof of a West Hollywood home is drawing giggles from some passers-by and gasps of outrage from others.

The mannequin is dressed in brunet wig, glasses and a red business suit. Another mannequin dressed as John McCain emerges from a flaming chimney.

Chad Michael Morisette, who lives in the house, told CBS 2 News that drivers and bus passengers have been stopping to snap pictures of the macabre scene.
A little more.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In WeHo
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:32:27 AM »
West Hollywood? No surprise. I'm surprised he didn't do a mannequin of Obama with a 12 foot pecker in his front yard.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:36:47 AM »
The US Secret Service are a most humorless bunch.  I would expect that a few of their number would be paying a visit to West HollyWierd in the foreseeable future, if it hasn't happened already.

Does anybody know if this moonbat is huddled in the fetal position in a corner of his living room, in a large puddle of his own urine, with all the lights in his house on?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »
The US Secret Service are a most humorless bunch.  I would expect that a few of their number would be paying a visit to West HollyWierd in the foreseeable future, if it hasn't happened already.

Does anybody know if this moonbat is huddled in the fetal position in a corner of his living room, in a large puddle of his own urine, with all the lights in his house on?

I could consider that a "death threat" or at a minimum, an incitement to a death threat. I doubt that the Secret Service is even paying attention to this one.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »
The two that did it are poofters.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi1RLgxBPjA[/youtube]

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »
The ball- less ****er doesn't have enough guts to put Obama in a noose. Of course, it's "Hallowe'en, so it's all fair game"...... :whatever: 

****in' morons..... I wish I was still out in San Diego right now.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »
That's disgusting.  I hope the Secret Service is on their way for a visit.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »

Given the West Hollywierd demographic, it's certainly not from any of his neighbors.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
Mischief night is coming soon...his house should be toilet paper'd and egg'd.  Hopefully enough that it will take until spring time to be cleaned.  I wonder how funny he thinks that is.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
Mischief night is coming soon...his house should be toilet paper'd and egg'd.  Hopefully enough that it will take until spring time to be cleaned.  I wonder how funny he thinks that is.

Like I said, it's West Hollywierd.  If you've never seen the Halloween Parade, you'd understand.

Case in point--about 10 years ago, KISS played at Dodger Stadium on Halloween night.  Great show, Smashing Pumpkins opened for them IIRC.

Anyway, the friends we went with lived in Santa Monica (Mrs. Sparky and I lived in Hermosa Beach at the time), so we decided what the hell, take Sunset.

BIG mistake.  Now while the actual parade is down Santa Monica Blvd., Sunset runs more or less parallel to Santa Monica and as such gets lots of the overflow, both cars and people.  Couple that with the fact it's your basic weekend night (I think it was Saturday) and the clubs/bars/etc., on Sunset, you start to get the idea of what it was like.

It took THREE HOURS to get from the Sunset exit of the 101 to UCLA.  THREE EFFIN HOURS.

KISS aparently wasn't too far behind us.  Rumor had it the next morning they finally got fed up with the traffic, got OUT of their limo, STILL IN FULL MAKEUP, and WALKED the final six blocks to their hotel.

AND NOBODY NOTICED IT WAS THEM.  This is the freak show that is West Hollywood.  365/24/7.

So seriously, this guy is probably a shoo-in for next mayor of WeHo.  Seriously.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 06:59:25 PM »
I expect a visit from Secret Service soon.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

Re: Update: Halloween Display Alerts Secret Service Probe
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »
(KFI - West Hollywood) A Halloween display in West Hollywood has generated several complaints because a mannequin dressed in vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's trademark up-do and glasses is hanging by the neck from a noose.

Chad Morisette, who lives in the house, put up the Halloween display. He says drivers and bus passengers have been stopping to snap pictures of the macabre scene.

Some concerned callers reported the display as a hate crime to the West Hollywood Sheriff. As a protocol, the investigation has been turned over to the Secret Service.

The home also has an effigy of Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain popping out of a chimney surrounded by fake flames.

LINK

uh-oh.  Men in Black gonna come knocking on yer door.  Better put the dildos back in the bedroom, pansy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
Seems like the mayor is asking for the display to be removed.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 03:14:43 PM »
Some concerned callers reported the display as a hate crime to the West Hollywood Sheriff. As a protocol, the investigation has been turned over to the Secret Service.

Hell yes it's a hate crime, considering who did the hanging and who the subject is.  Let's see , it's in WeHo, done by fruits, and the target is known to be Christian and have strong beliefs.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 04:00:31 PM »
I was channel surfing yesterday and today, and the only news personnel that brought this up were on Fox News...Keif kept going on and on last night about the fake B facial attack but no mention about this.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
I was channel surfing yesterday and today, and the only news personnel that brought this up were on Fox News...Keif kept going on and on last night about the fake B facial attack but no mention about this.

I watched part of Keith Olbermann last night and the guy that did this was the "Worst Person in the World."

Link

(I don't usually watch Countdown, but I was busy writing my paper and not paying too much attention to the tv.)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 05:30:09 PM »

I watched part of Keith Olbermann last night and the guy that did this was the "Worst Person in the World."

Link

(I don't usually watch Countdown, but I was busy writing my paper and not paying too much attention to the tv.)

I evidently missed that segment...I can only take him in slow doses so I change the channel when he says something stupid, which is often.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 08:27:29 PM »
I evidently missed that segment...I can only take him in slow doses so I change the channel when he says something stupid, which is often.

You know, after I get home from work, I'd just much rather watch Family Guy or really anything else than Countdown. 
Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »
Hell yes it's a hate crime, considering who did the hanging and who the subject is.  Let's see , it's in WeHo, done by fruits, and the target is known to be Christian and have strong beliefs.
IOW, nothing to see here.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
I don't think anyone has made him take it down. I had Fox News on until 8 and there was no mention of it being removed.

If the guy had put up Obama instead of Palin.....he would be in jail. As it is, probably nothing will happen to him.

:censored: :censored: :censored:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 01:57:53 AM »
Like I said, it's West Hollywierd.  If you've never seen the Halloween Parade, you'd understand.

Case in point--about 10 years ago, KISS played at Dodger Stadium on Halloween night.  Great show, Smashing Pumpkins opened for them IIRC.
Yep. It was the Psycho Circus tour. I worked at that concert, EVENT STAFF, Bitches! They had us patting people down as they entered. Guys were supposed to pat down guys and girls, girls, but, the 3 chicks that were working with us split, so, for a while there, I was checking under and between breasteses for contraband. Those people were NUTS. KISS on Halloween, does more need to be said?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 10:04:02 AM »
This was all over Fox this morning.

It is NOT a hate crime.....just tasteless....yeah, right. ::)

From what I understood from multiple interviews....IF if was a dark complected mannequin made to look like Obama.....it would be a hate crime. But because it was a WHITE complected WOMAN made to look like Sarah Palin...it was not.

That translates to me that anything done to a white woman is ok..... but a black man? Uh-uh...it's a hate crime no matter if it's Halloween or July 4th.

Apparently....a noose by itself is symbolic of a hate crime. Put a black man in it and it's a major hate crime. Put a white woman in it and it's a Halloween decoration as "an expression of intelligent art"....

:bs: :bs: :bs:

:censored:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.