Author Topic: Pelosi in Portland: Obama needs help in Congress  (Read 985 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Pelosi in Portland: Obama needs help in Congress
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:57:20 PM »

she' kidding, right?  is she actually out there saying this sh*t?  this has got to be scaring the life out of normal people (yeah, I said it :tongue:)  I hope the mccain campaign is paying her plane tickets :-)

Pelosi in Portland: Obama needs help in Congress

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says the "great expectation" for Democrat Barack Obama could be dashed unless voters also boost the Democratic majority in Congress.

Pelosi told Democratic activists in Portland Friday that if Obama becomes president, he will need 60 votes in the Senate to prevent filibusters that could hold up much of his program.

"There is a great expectation about Barack Obama when he comes into the White House, God willing...He can't go out there and say well, I would have had universal health care and I would have ended the war in Iraq and I would have invested in small business but I didn't have 60 votes, and the public will just say, 'What is all that about?'

Pelosi said Congress is already taking that kind of heat because Democrats haven't been able to deliver on many of their legislative proposals since taking office - in part because of President Bush's vetoes and in part because Republicans use the filibuster to block proposals that can't muster 60 votes in the Senate.

Pelosi dismissed the argument made by some that no single party should control all the levers of power in Congress and the White House. "You know what, hold us accountable," she said.

More

Offline Airwolf

Re: Pelosi in Portland: Obama needs help in Congress
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 07:46:54 PM »
Skeletor should rethink this pumping up the vote for Barry the Ears. She's giving him a bad name and he doesn't need tha tkind of help,LOL. What am I saying? Keep rolling there Skeletor.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:47:59 PM »
Skeletor should rethink this pumping up the vote for Barry the Ears. She's giving him a bad name and he doesn't need tha tkind of help,LOL. What am I saying? Keep rolling there Skeletor.

like I said, she may as well be on the mccain payroll. :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »
Some idjit around here has put up campaign signs for Judy Feder that say, "President Obama is going to need Congresswoman Feder!!"

ROFL!

(Feder is running against my Rep. Wolf) She lost to him in 2006 as Wolf has been in that seat for many years and is a Republican who leans centrist.

Here's what they have been saying about Feder. (Sorry San Fran Nan - your gal ain't gonna win. Again.)

"Someone once described Feder as something of a political commissar type. I think that description is dead on. I have seen her type on college campuses and in other countries too. These people usually are Leninist-style elites with affluent lifestyles, but often purport to “fight for the poor and the children” (yes, Feder did bring up, at one point, “… for the children.”

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle