Author Topic: traffic  (Read 9290 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
traffic
« on: January 12, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
I'm curious about the traffic.

This is a new place, and it takes time, and at the beginning, traffic can be quirky, up and down, up and down, up and down, until a steady pattern is discerned.

I'm not so much curious about the traffic from regular members, but more so the "guests."

When at conservativeunderground, the number and vigor of my own postings about the primitives on Skins's island was directly related to the number of "guests" then on the site.  It was a great motivator, to check the "who's online" thingamajig, to see lots and lots of "guests" reading the "Best/Worst of DU" forum.

It's probably too early--this place has been around for only a couple of weeks--but am I right in assuming there has been a slight uptick in "guests" coming here?

Some "guests" of course are bona fide people, but extrapolating from reactions of primitives, probably at least half at any given time are those who sneaked off of Skins's island to take a look.

And one more suggestion: I always noticed that the firearms forum in conservativeunderground drew a lot of "guests," too.  I'm a firm and solid and rock-hard supporter of the Second Amendment, even though firearms aren't my thing; perhaps those into firearms should be encouraged to post more in that forum, so as to attract more "guests" into that?

From what I ever noticed at conservativeunderground, "recipes" were the third-largest draw for "guests."

apres moi, le deluge