Author Topic: Problem Posting  (Read 3404 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Problem Posting
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
Heh, I don't even know if this will work...but, I am having trouble posting. It just hangs and then the screen just stays like it is, all locked up.

Anyone?
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Problem Posting
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
Wow, OK, this worked, here, but not in another forum on here  :mental:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 04:08:55 PM »
I haven't been having a problem with that lately.  I had a similar issue with the shoutbox before Kev tweaked it.  Cleaning out the cookies helped with that but it may have been coincidence. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »
Heh, I don't even know if this will work...but, I am having trouble posting. It just hangs and then the screen just stays like it is, all locked up.

Anyone?

That happens to me quite a bit, and it's not this computer, because all other sites, including Skins's island don't do that.  I think it has something to do with the server, and that's being worked on.

There's been lots of times when I've tried to post an original thread, and no response.

What I've had to do is open a new window in Explorer, come here, and then copy-and-paste the post from the frozen screen onto the newer screen, and that "takes."

Other times, I've clicked on a link to take myself somewhere else here, and no response.

What I've had to do is just "x" out the window, go back to Explorer, and come here again, and that works.

But it's a rather tedious irritation.....however, as mentioned, it's being worked on; I'm confident it'll all be straightened out.
apres moi, le deluge