Author Topic: Gloria Steinem defends Hillary  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Gloria Steinem defends Hillary
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
KennedyGuy (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-08-08 10:07 AM
Original message
Gloria Steinem on the appalling double standard

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/opinion/08steinem.htm...
I’m supporting Senator Clinton because like Senator Obama she has community organizing experience, but she also has more years in the Senate, an unprecedented eight years of on-the-job training in the White House, no masculinity to prove, the potential to tap a huge reservoir of this country’s talent by her example, and now even the courage to break the no-tears rule. I’m not opposing Mr. Obama; if he’s the nominee, I’ll volunteer. Indeed, if you look at votes during their two-year overlap in the Senate, they were the same more than 90 percent of the time. Besides, to clean up the mess left by President Bush, we may need two terms of President Clinton and two of President Obama.

But what worries me is that he is seen as unifying by his race while she is seen as divisive by her sex.

"What worries me is that she is accused of “playing the gender card” when citing the old boys’ club, while he is seen as unifying by citing civil rights confrontations.

Check out the hilarity NOW
First of all, where did they find Steinem?

I love how if they attack Hillary, it's boys ganging up on her, but we're supposed to think she can handle real bullies like Osama, Kim Jung Ill, and that idiot in Iran whose name I'll butcher.  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Gloria Steinem defends Hillary
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:16:24 AM »
Hillary wants to be a bi-sexual hermaphrodite.  :banghead:

Ewwwwwwwwww.....sorry for that mental picture!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »
Hillary wants to be a bi-sexual hermaphrodite.  :banghead:

Ewwwwwwwwww.....sorry for that mental picture!!!
That's OK there's a smilie for everything.  :spork:

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »
KennedyGuy (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-08-08 10:07 AM
Original message
Gloria Steinem on the appalling double standard

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/opinion/08steinem.htm...
I’m supporting Senator Clinton because like Senator Obama she has community organizing experience, but she also has more years in the Senate, an unprecedented eight years of on-the-job training in the White House, no masculinity to prove, the potential to tap a huge reservoir of this country’s talent by her example, and now even the courage to break the no-tears rule. I’m not opposing Mr. Obama; if he’s the nominee, I’ll volunteer. Indeed, if you look at votes during their two-year overlap in the Senate, they were the same more than 90 percent of the time. Besides, to clean up the mess left by President Bush, we may need two terms of President Clinton and two of President Obama.

But what worries me is that he is seen as unifying by his race while she is seen as divisive by her sex.

"What worries me is that she is accused of “playing the gender card” when citing the old boys’ club, while he is seen as unifying by citing civil rights confrontations.

Check out the hilarity NOW
First of all, where did they find Steinem?

I love how if they attack Hillary, it's boys ganging up on her, but we're supposed to think she can handle real bullies like Osama, Kim Jung Ill, and that idiot in Iran whose name I'll butcher.  :whatever:
Wow! Haven't heard from "Old Ironbox" in quite awhile. Must have gotten bored burning bras and defending late term abortion :whatever:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 05:56:25 PM »
She's got no masculinity to prove because she is masculine.

If she and Obama are "the same" on 90% of the issues, etc., then the reason why Obama is taking the lead is because of her piss poor personality. People just don't like her.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama