Author Topic: comments top DUmmies 2005-2010  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
comments top DUmmies 2005-2010
« on: November 03, 2011, 04:06:42 AM »
Horse with no brain failed to make the 10 list???

She sure has made up for that omission with a vengeance.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:14:59 AM »
Horse with no brain failed to make the 10 list???

She sure has made up for that omission with a vengeance.

It brings back a lot of memories of primitives past, but for the life of me I don't remember what it was that made the "danca" primitive famous (and those awards were lost during the crash of our old home).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
I am wondering if we should have a lifetime achievement award given to an island misfit who has been a prolific poster on the island for ten years or more.   

We can make really special for them.   :-)

Offline freedumb2003

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 06:49:50 PM »
I am wondering if we should have a lifetime achievement award given to an island misfit who has been a prolific poster on the island for ten years or more.   

We can make really special for them.   :-)

Those would be the late,  unlamented tom in tib and the now taciturn will cry-me-a-river pitt.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »
Not to be a picky sniveler, but the ranking system is a bit incorrect, in a way. While people can tie for a certain place, the ranking should reflect absolute placement.

For instance, if 10 people receive the following votes, in order: 20, 18, 18, 14, 11, 11, 11, 9, 9, 4

...then the ranking's would be:

1,T2, T2, 4, T5, T5, T5, T8, T8, and 10

Using your method, they are shown as:

1,T2, T2, 3, T4, T4, T4, T5, T5, and 6.

That is a bit incorrect, and that means that more than 10 people are in the top 10. The only way that should happen is if the last place shown has more than one person.

So to correct your current 2012 list, the 2nd column has the correct order:

01  01 
02  02   nadinbrzezinski
02  02   Taverner
03  04   MrScorpio
04  05   kpete
04  05   Stinky the Clown
05  07   Omaha Steve
05  07   DainBramaged
06  09   PCIntern
07  10   grasswire
08  11   Systematic Chaos
09  12   Aviation Pro
10  13   demtenjeep (formerly greenbriar)
10  13   MiddleFingerMom
10  13   sabrina 1
11  16   Horse With no Name
11  16   11bravo
11  16   Proud2BLibKansan
11  16   Sarah Ibarruri
12  20   TheMastersNemesis
13  21   cali
13  21   HopeHoops
14  23   1StrongBlackMan
14  23   Skinner, EarlG, and Elad
14  23   the bullies
14  23   TheMagistrate
14  23   w8liftinglady

On the other hand...

Since we are dealing with feel-good, progressive dummies, we should give more awards to them just like second-graders are all told they won just for showing up.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:23:55 PM by GOP Congress »
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
The man is on death's door.  Cut him some slack. :rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »

Well now, I was having considerable problems with this because of the multiple ties, right after the polls closed.

I consulted with another member, describing what I planned to do about it, and asking if it made sense to him.

I thought I'd invented it, but he told me no, saying I was doing it the way they rank golfers.

Well, that was good enough for me, if they do that to golfers too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
Well now, I was having considerable problems with this because of the multiple ties, right after the polls closed.

I consulted with another member, describing what I planned to do about it, and asking if it made sense to him.

I thought I'd invented it, but he told me no, saying I was doing it the way they rank golfers.

Well, that was good enough for me, if they do that to golfers too.

Ahh, no. My way is how they do golfers. Otherwise, how would they properly split the prize money? LOL
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 05:23:37 AM »
Ahh, no. My way is how they do golfers. Otherwise, how would they properly split the prize money? LOL

We're probably talking about two different sorts of problems.

Mine was that there were 57 primitives on the ballot, 56 of whom got votes, and one had to decide the top twenty.

But there were so many ties, and I had to determine some sort of cut-off point that could be a few more than twenty, but not less than twenty.

I decided upon a cut-off point that was a few more than twenty, but not less than twenty, threw it at this member, and he said, "Yes, that's the way they do it in golf."

The system of enumeration's my own, although I don't like it any more than I like what you suggested.

The sparkling old dude as #04-b Top DUmmie for example seems lesser than the rich bitch as #04-a Top DUmmie when in fact they're utterly equal with each other.  The "a" and "b" designations, and one "c", were given in the order in which that primitive attained that rank (i.e., when chronologically counting the votes, #02-a Top DUmmie reached second-place status before #02-b Top DUmmie did).

It would've been less of a mess if only half a dozen or a dozen more members had voted, which is why I sent out two desperate mass-personal-message pleas to regular habitues of the DUmpster near the end of the voting, who hadn't yet voted, reminding them of the deadline and asking them to vote.

A little over half did accomodate, but still, it would've helped with half a dozen or so more.

One works with what one has, and that's what I had.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 06:13:35 AM »

Yes. Your way is the way they do it for a golf tournament. Everything probable got turned around as I don't believe that we hvae ran across this problem of so many ties before.

Ranking should have been

and so on.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
Yes. Your way is the way they do it for a golf tournament. Everything probable got turned around as I don't believe that we hvae ran across this problem of so many ties before.

Ranking should have been

and so on.

I agree.  When the first few rankings showed the multiple placeholders, I was going to say something . . . but, GOP Congress' last line is the real reason why I didn't say anything. :tongue: :fuelfire: :-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »
I agree.  When the first few rankings showed the multiple placeholders, I was going to say something . . . but, GOP Congress' last line is the real reason why I didn't say anything. :tongue: :fuelfire: :-)

Nope, nope, nope.

There has to be a third-ranked primitive among the top twenty.

And there might be the inclination to think of the second number two as inferior to the first number two.

My alpha-numeric system wasn't perfect (because one naturally thinks of "b" as being lower than "a," when in fact they're utterly equal), but it was the best I could come up with, given the constraints of time.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
So many primitives so much stupid.  :mental:

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Tucker

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
Nope, nope, nope.

There has to be a third-ranked primitive among the top twenty.

And there might be the inclination to think of the second number two as inferior to the first number two.

My alpha-numeric system wasn't perfect (because one naturally thinks of "b" as being lower than "a," when in fact they're utterly equal), but it was the best I could come up with, given the constraints of time.

Let the DUmmies fight over who is rank... ER... ranked higher. Leaving it up to them will never get a satisfactory or final ranking. Hell, they can't arrive at a consensus on the color of Dog shit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »
I notice BanTheGOP was DUmmy of the Year list in 2010 and 2012. I am surprised to see BabylonSister not DUmmy of the Year despite having more posts than Nadin.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:06:19 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Tucker

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »
I notice BanTheGOP was DUmmy of the Year list in 2010 and 2012. I am surprised to see BabylonSister not DUmmy of the Year despite having more posts than Nadin.

Well there's DUmb and then there's DUMB.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 09:23:01 PM »
Just thought I'd show up and cough up vacate the award. Not sure if you want to re-award it or to have the Ban voters retro-redo their votes to come up with an actual winner.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 09:54:51 PM »
Just thought I'd show up and cough up vacate the award. Not sure if you want to re-award it or to have the Ban voters retro-redo their votes to come up with an actual winner.

Sorry, sir; it still stands as is.

I'm not sure why you think it's an embarrassment; you did good.

There's been Top DUmmies since 2005, and I'm sure that a slight few of them were moles, but since they didn't come out and admit it, we don't know.

And as for decent and civilized people who voted for you, well, unlike the primitives, we have a sense of humor.

That a mole won the top honor in no way blemishes the reputation of the Top DUmmies; it merely shows that somebody did one Hell of a great job fooling both the primitives and us.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:29 AM »
There should be a "Looking out for number one" award,
Steve Dawes comes to mind.
There should be a "Stepping in number 2" award,
nads comes to mind.
Then there should be a hybrid award, "Looking out for number one while stepping in number 2"
That should be a perfecta type award.
Like the top 2 DOTYs or something similar.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.