Author Topic: nominating thread for the Top DUmmies of 2013 (closed)  (Read 41230 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: nominating thread for the Top DUmmies of 2013
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
Yes, I like those!

"The cACA Lemmings"

"The Wishadupes"  (that actually sounds like it would make a good name for a band-  maybe Taverner could start it!) 

Also, on the Link Speed nomination, you might want to include DollarBillHines, since Hollis was active under that name this year, too. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »

* * * * *ANNOUNCEMENT FROM franksolich* * * * *

Pending rule change; I have to first clear it with Mr. Wiggum, as it involves an extra award, meaning he'd have to count more votes.  (All I'd have to do is write an extra award.)

There's been an unanticipated deluge of groups of primitives nominated for a spot in the Top DUmmies awards.

I'd figured I'd be the only one to nominate any groups, of which I've nominated two, hardly an unmanageable number.

Well, I was wrong.

If too many groups win one of the top spots, it'd be a disincentive for individual primitives to exert initiative on their own behalfs, and we don't want that; we like it when each primitive asserts his own self, because it's more comedy.

The Top DUmmies, twenty to be selected, will be individual primitives only.

And then a new award, for the top group.

That is, if Mr. Wiggum approves, as it'd mean more work for him.

Also, please remember that this year, the votes for the top DUmmies will be weighted.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »
* * * * *ANNOUNCEMENT FROM franksolich* * * * *

If too many groups win one of the top spots, it'd be a disincentive for individual primitives to exert initiative on their own behalfs, and we don't want that; we like it when each primitive asserts his own self, because it's more comedy.

I like that idea.  I really hummed and hawed over nominating those two groups, and almost didn't do it, but they were so prolific this year, I couldn't help myself. 

Two categories also prevent another twist from happening: double credit.  Say for example that Amber begs on WishaDU.  Not only is she raising her own chances, but also the chances of the Wishadupe group.  This is an unfair advantage, and makes her stupid action count for double. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
Two categories also prevent another twist from happening: double credit.  Say for example that Amber begs on WishaDU.  Not only is she raising her own chances, but also the chances of the Wishadupe group.  This is an unfair advantage, and makes her stupid action count for double.

Right.

And in case one thinks, "hey, hey, hey, what's up with this, franksolich changing the rules in the middle of the game?--it shouldn't be done that way"--one should think again.

I can't think of a single year in which I've been involved, that the rules or standards haven't been modified in the middle of the process. We're not primitives here; we adapt, evolve, and alter if unexpected circumstances demand it.  The bottom line's the actual ballot (coming Sunday, December 8); anything before then's subject to change if change is desireable, and those changes clearly communicated.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »
I would like to nominate someone based on their anti-gun position and have considered several canidates for the position. In LBN and GD there are three (3) standouts, Hoyt and alp227 are two but they cannot hold a 45 ACP round to onehandle when it comes to the dedication to taking rights of citizens to make himself feel good about the fact that he cannot legally own a firearm.

True, onehandle isn't of top DUmmy caliber but he deserves credit for turning his personal obsession into a true artform. Thus I throw out onehandle for consideration.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 04:12:53 PM »
True, onehandle isn't of top DUmmy caliber but he deserves credit for turning his personal obsession into a true artform. Thus I throw out onehandle for consideration.

Great nomination.

And that reminds me; I need to nominate the William769 primitive for the top DUmmies too.

I had high hopes for Wills the first time I ran into him; he seemed a multi-talented sort of person, who could provide amusement in all sorts of different areas.

But as usual with first impressions (at least my first impressions), Wills turned out one of those one-issue primitives; he's obsessed with only one thing.  Nothing else matters.  Talk about a one-track mind.

However, I think he's worthy of a place in at least the bottom half of the top twenty DUmmies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »
There's a few also rans that started out the new year with potential but quickly fell out of favor as the snow melted. Hockeymom is one such DUmmy.

As to groups, Jugs would be the recipient of the award from the anti gunnies if it won as she managed to usurp control of the group. If not this year, 2014 will be a banner year. I plan on giving them a lot of exposure.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
No one has nominated nadin for DUmmy of the Year?

Surely it's because everyone assumes she's already on the list. She is now.

And NYC_SKP, as you probably know, has a mole posting here daily, mocking the gullibility of decent and civilized people.

NYC_SKP, and his Cave mole, should eat shit and die.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »
fizzgig--the naked shaved head primitive who recently may or may not have hopped around in the sack with frank

For the first time, I've hit a speed bump on nominations.

This one, sir, I'd like you to reconsider; you may be judging her upon how I described her in "the brain-damaged primitive spends Thanksgiving with franksolich," rather than how she's presented herself on Skins's island.

If, after consultation with God, you still think she needs on the ballot, so be it, and she will be.

This troubles me greatly.  

When I was writing "the brain-damaged primitive spends Thanksgiving with franksolich," I needed a primitive to provide inspiration for writing of the seduction of franksolich.  I briefly contemplated using Ms. Piggy, the "msanthrophe" primitive, as the inspiration, but the thought of that sour sau groping any part of this body vomited me.

By sheer random chance and luck, the choice then fell upon the fizzy one, who is of course much more aesthetic, and a nicer person.  

As mentioned frequently in that story, one was not to draw conclusions about the character and conduct of the fizzy one from what I was writing; I was simply using her as the inspiration.

This has since caused me no end of grief and sorrow and lamentation, that I may have impugned the good name and reputation of a primitive for whom I feel no animus (which is a rather rarified group, by the way).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2013, 05:08:42 PM »
My nomination for the Top Group:

nadin's bullies

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »
No one has nominated nadin for DUmmy of the Year?

Surely it's because everyone assumes she's already on the list. She is now.

Oh.  I thought the cousin had already been nominated.

But you needn't have feared, because before nominations are closed, if she hadn't been, I would've nominated her myself, as I plan on voting for her.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »
Oh.  I thought the cousin had already been nominated.

But you needn't have feared, because before nominations are closed, if she hadn't been, I would've nominated her myself, as I plan on voting for her.

So do I.  Especially after having been duped last year. :banghead:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
So do I.  Especially after having been duped last year. :banghead:

Well now, seriously, nobody was duped last year. 

It was only that someone was especially talented at moling.

Look at the list of past winners of the Top DUmmies.

How does one know for sure that none of those other winners weren't moles?

I'm pretty confident that at least five or six of the hundred or so past winners since 2005 were moles--including the famous bobolink primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »
For the first time, I've hit a speed bump on nominations.

This one, sir, I'd like you to reconsider; you may be judging her upon how I described her in "the brain-damaged primitive spends Thanksgiving with franksolich," rather than how she's presented herself on Skins's island.

Let me clarify my nomination a little better.  I didn't mean to imply that her hopping around in the sack in the walrus' story had any influence on my nomination.  I look at her as sort of being a part of the lunatic trifecta: dennis, locoNuts, and fizzgig.  

Obviously, she pales when compared to the twin ivory towers of lunacy found in dennis and LocoNuts, but she's still a lunatic in her own right, and I think deserves a nomination for her hard work this year.

I just threw that part about hopping around in the sack in there because it was a good excuse to type "hopping around in the sack".      

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2013, 05:51:27 PM »

There's two different criteria one can use for determining a top DUmmie.

They're both exactly equal.

One is the primitive who provided the most steady, the most consistent, flow of amusement and entertainment during the past year.

That has been, unquestionably, my cousin nadin.

The other is the primitive, otherwise pretty bland or boring, who did something spectacularly stupid, and it blew one's mind away, it was so.....stupid; one singular act that overshadowed all else.

That has been, unquestionably, the brain-damaged primitive.

Both criteria are exactly equal.

However, since walrus-face is likely to win the Steve anyway, as it now stands, franksolich is foursquare behind cousin nadin for number one, and the brain-damaged primitive for number two, when it comes to the top DUmmies.  And keep remembering, votes for the top DUmmies are weighted.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »
Let me clarify my nomination a little better.  I didn't mean to imply that her hopping around in the sack in the walrus' story had any influence on my nomination.  I look at her as sort of being a part of the lunatic trifecta: dennis, locoNuts, and fizzgig.  

Obviously, she pales when compared to the twin ivory towers of lunacy found in dennis and LocoNuts, but she's still a lunatic in her own right, and I think deserves a nomination for her hard work this year.

I just threw that part about hopping around in the sack in there because it was a good excuse to type "hopping around in the sack".

Thank you, sir.  I'll put the fizzy one on the ballot, now that I've been assured nobody'll evaluate her based upon my fictitious depiction of her.

By the way, what is so unusual about the phrase "hopping around in the sack"?

It's a common phrase around here, in the Sandhills.  I've used it since I was a little lad.

Also, there's "making nice-nice," sex between a married couple, and "making naughty-naughty," sex between two people who aren't married to each other.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2013, 06:06:40 PM »
By the way, before I forget, I want to nominate my twin, Atman, for the Rob.

The guy hasn't yet won the award named for him.

Atman long ago slipped from Top DUmmie material, not even worth twentieth place, but still, whenever he shows up on Skins's island and tries to act as if he knows anything about something, it makes the abdomen sore for hours, from having laughed and guffawed so much.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
And also before I forget--I'm taking off for a bit--I want to nominate my fellow Nebraskan, the big guy in Bellevue, for one of the slots among the Top DUmmies.

The big guy's been less productive than in the past, which I assume is because cops all over Nebraska seem to be reading, and appreciating, him.

And that limp-ass run for the city council this year was a dud.

So no, Omaha Steve doesn't deserve to be ranked as highly as he has in the past, but still, somewhere in between #08 Top DUmmie and #20 Top DUmmie, somewhere in there.

I wouldn't waste one of my weighted votes on him, though.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
By the way, what is so unusual about the phrase "hopping around in the sack"?

It's a common phrase around here, in the Sandhills.  I've used it since I was a little lad.

I can't recall ever hearing or seeing it anywhere before arriving here at CC. 

The phrase fits both your composition style and the primitive's flippant view of sex like a glove, and makes me laugh every time I see it.     

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »
I can't recall ever hearing or seeing it anywhere before arriving here at CC. 

The phrase fits both your composition style and the primitive's flippant view of sex like a glove, and makes me laugh every time I see it.     

Okay, let me ask you this; this is a serious question.

It may've been strange to you, but the first time you read it, though, you knew exactly what it meant, right?

I have a reason for asking that question.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2013, 09:56:13 PM »
Okay, let me ask you this; this is a serious question.

It may've been strange to you, but the first time you read it, though, you knew exactly what it meant, right?

I have a reason for asking that question.

Oh, absolutely, even without the context it was given within (either calpig or nads sack-hopping, I believe). 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2013, 10:06:51 PM »
Oh, absolutely, even without the context it was given within (either calpig or nads sack-hopping, I believe).

The reason I ask that is because Nebraska's best writer, Mari Sandoz, was constantly rejected by publishers in New York City and Boston because they insisted "Nebraska Sandhills English" was too alien-sounding to be comprehended by outsiders; that it grated on the ears, that nobody could understand it.

Which didn't explain why her books were vastly popular in England, from which the Sandhills are even more remote than the effete eastern establishment bastions.

I suspect they really rejected her because she wasn't part of them.

Anyway, this new movie that recently came out, "Nebraska," is being hailed by the critics as a masterpiece, as a possible winner of Academy Awards.  It's famous for its exhibition of the plain unadorned Nebraska English, and course other than the main actors and actresses, the cast consists of native Nebraskans.

If someone sees this movie, can he or she tell me whether or not we're "hard" to understand?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »
I want to nominate DUmpmonkey "Raven", for nourishing the wrong thing that pushed through her back-end, a few decades ago.
I don't care which award, they all apply.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
I'd heard of the term "hopping in the sack", or some variant like "jumping in the sack" or "hopping in bed". I haven't seen that movie yet, but probably will sometime.

I agree the OmahaSteve has really dropped the ball this year but I'm leaning towards Rob for the Rob again. I'd like to make a few more nominations for top dumnies while I'm here -

rsmith#### (he lives not far from here)
steve #### (the horny guy)
steveleser (media whore)
Pretzel_Warrior (his avi creeps me out)

some of these are second tier at best

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
rsmith#### (he lives not far from here)
steve #### (the horny guy)
steveleser (media whore)
Pretzel_Warrior (his avi creeps me out)

Oh man, I forgot all about rsmith6621.  Thanks!
apres moi, le deluge