Author Topic: What you need to understand about DU is that it is a PR project (see page 3)  (Read 19282 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
The DUmp:

babylonsister (142,860 posts)

What The GOP Won’t Tell You: Our Debt Is Nearly Stabilized

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022354265

Jay Carney:

In recent days, the White House has pressed the message that, if policymakers can agree on a strategy for replacing across-the-board spending cuts set to hit next month, the president will pretty much have achieved his debt-reduction goals.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/11/good-news-from-jay-carney-you-bet-the-president-believes-we-have-a-spending-problem-sort-of/

Obama:

President Obama now says the deficit problem is all but fixed, so we can stop all this unpleasant talk about spending cuts and get on with government spending.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021213-644203-debt-crisis-is-nowhere-near-being-solved.htm

Just sayin...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline thundley4

In recent days, the White House has pressed the message that, if policymakers can agree on a strategy for replacing across-the-board spending cuts set to hit next month, the president will pretty much have achieved his debt-reduction goals.

That's easy to do when your goal is zero debt reduction. Set the bar low enough and even a stunted dwarf like nadin can jump over it.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom

Amazing how many gullible idiots there are who believe propaganda over actual numbers.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
As Bela Pelosi said earlier in the week, we don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue problem.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline thundley4

As Bela Pelosi said earlier in the week, we don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue problem.

And Taverner doesn't have a drug problem either.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
And Taverner doesn't have a drug problem either.

To a DUmmy, both are true.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Kinda interesting that the first place I recall hearing about debt stabilization was at the DUmp.  Then I hear the spokes kid Carney and then Obama talking about it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RobJohnson

She's still active over at CU, I do recall seeing her post some in the last few months.

She is a pretty active poster there and hits things dead on. I do enjoy her posts.

Offline thundley4

Kinda interesting that the first place I recall hearing about debt stabilization was at the DUmp.  Then I hear the spokes kid Carney and then Obama talking about it.

I'm sure they got it from one of the other sites like Daily Kos or something.  Some of those places get their headlines from the White House and spread the BS before it becomes official propaganda.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
She is a pretty active poster there and hits things dead on. I do enjoy her posts.

IMO it just ties back in to the OP and elspeth's theory.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Billiam Pitts

Skinner and his wife met while working for Carl Levin. She did not take his name and has a different last name. They bought a house together in Chevy Chase, MD worth over 1 million dollars. Follow the money. She was the treasurer for Hillary Clinton's Senate campaign and Clinton's 2008 Presidential bid. If Clinton runs in 2016 tying her to a lunatic website might sink her chances. Running a website like the DUmp can't be that profitable and intermittent work for Hitlery Clinton I would imagine doesn't pay the bills either, so where did the dough come from to buy this million dollar home? Skins' wife has also run afoul of the FEC, so she's dirty.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I've swiped this latest from our friends at conservativeunderground; I hope they don't mind.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?61156-DU-as-DLC-front

Elspeth

Remember I posted a thread some time back about what I thought Democratic Underground actually was? I can't find the link, but here is an interesting take on the same subject:

http://davefromqueens2.blogspot.com/...y-tied-to.html

It goes back a couple of years, but it's worth looking at.

http://davefromqueens2.blogspot.com/...y-tied-to.html

Democratic Underground Directly Tied to the Democratic Leadership Council and Insidious Triangulation
 *** UPDATE ***
One can go to this 1999 portfolio page and see that the owner of Democratic Underground was already fully in bed with the Democratic Leadership Council. I believe it's thus fair to say that DU has been part and parcel of that triangulating focker from the get-go.

http://web.archive.org/web/199911270...://dlcppi.org/

It's not like the owners of DU want the general public to know this. It's not common knowledge they're an insidious organisation. While many have had suspicions, it's not easy to find proof of such. One needs the wayback machine (archive.org) to locate direct ties between DU and the DLC. One other bit of internet proof can only be located now through this blog. DU's registered agent used to be the right wing Law Firm of Howe, Anderson, and Steyer. I will cover both of these angles. I'll then wrap it up by briefly discussing DU's hypocritical selling of merchandise affiliated with sweatshop production.

...I haven't a big problem with them, from what I've seen. I am just using this as an example that the people running Democratic Underground are not regular guys. In fact, let's jump straight to the damaging connections between the corrupt DLC and Democratic Underground.

I am now wondering if DU is an arm of the DLC. Skinner's company is called Online Workshop Inc.. If you go to their current homepage, there's nothing there but the message, "Online Workshop Inc. is not taking new clients at this time. Thank you for visiting our website."

That wasn't the case a few years ago. One of their clients was indeed the Democratic Leadership Council.

....Defining the third way. There's your paystub. Democratic Underground has been part and parcel of the Democratic Leadership Council for years. I believe Skinner scrubbed his website, because this connection exposes them as being manipulative frauds. They are neither democratic nor underground. Real progressives need not apply....

One tidbit I became aware of a few years back was that DU's registered agent was Potomac Programs, Inc. run by the law firm of Howe, Anderson, and Steyer. The old link proving this is gone...

There's next to nothing else on the net about Potomac Programs, Inc.. Even at the law firm's page, there is not much more info than that the program exists. So why am I taking a risk by claiming Howe, Anderson, and Steyer were the registered agent for DU? ...The url showing it was the truth is no longer available, not even through archive.org. But you see, there's something in the cybersleuth business called screenshots. Back in 2008 I took one. Last night I found it. Here you go.

illustration at link

Elspeth

Something else I found online re: DailyKos. It's a bit of a rant but there are some important details about who Kos is.

http://journals.democraticundergroun...davefromqueens

Exposed: Why Kos is Bad For Democrats
Posted by davefromqueens in General Discussion (1/22-2007 thru 12/14/2010)
Sun Jan 04th 2009, 02:05 PM

The 200 or so links of specifics can be found at my website davefromqueens dot com. To enable Kos or support Kos is to help right wing Republicans. To stand up to Kos is to help Democrats. I've chosen the latter just as Barack Obama and so many Democrats we all love below have chosen. Here is the full article.

Ann Coulter? Charles Manson? The ghost of Timothy McVeigh? Who is the sicko with the following thoughts?

He said recently, "Democrats are like battered spouses!" He said recently, "F*ck Ralph Nader" and his 700,000 supporters! He compared Barack Obama to ultra wingnut extremists. He wrote that liberal New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd is an insecure, catty bitch. He was bad mouthing Democrats in early 2008 and was plotting to have them taken out in 2010. He claimed the liberal group Center for American Progress is a bunch of assholes. He needlessly attacking Mike Gravel as a waste of our time. He obsessively attacks Caroline Kennedy and claimed that Caroline has done nothing to help beat back the right wing machine. When four Americans are killed in Iraq, he said "screw them." He smears Democratic activist Bob Fertik as "a holier than thou purity troll." He's cold and callous. He told liberal Kathy Sierra, upon receiving death threats that she should just "suck it up." He said that Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher needs to be taken out. He tried starting a fist fight with Jim Bonham, the head of the DCCC in 2004. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz was attacked by Kos as someone kept afloat by the Cuban-American mafia. He wants to see white people in the minority so that he can teach the white man a lesson. His effete frontpager gets exposed as an elitist and racist who thinks blacks are too poor and uneducated to blog. He thinks gays shouldn't be in the military for it is incompatible for homosexuals and he fears "worrying" about the homosexual next to him. Guess he doesn't belong to any gym.

Who is this sick nutcase? Bill "F*ck it we'll do it live" O’Reilly? The ghost of Joseph Stalin? Michelle "internment" Malkin? Nope. This person was the only left leaning political Internet person to be voted one of Radar Online's 10 worst people of 2007. But calling him a horrible person is an understatement. What's next? Will this guy claim he ate fast and ran to the library to read in high school because he didn't have any friends? Wait! That is next.

He said about his high school experience, "I had to eat fast and run to the library to read, because I didn’t have any friends." He played to people's fears and engaged in race baiting during the 2008 Democratic primary between Obama and Clinton. He defended blogger thereisnospoon when this Kossack claimed that a woman who has too much to drink loses her right to claim rape. He has a deep seated hatred for women as indicated by his bizarre theories here of the women's studies set. Call Creedmoor! Who is this guy? He runs a blog that 99% of politicians avoid like the plague and he is despised by almost everyone. Yet this guy actually thinks that he is the 2nd most powerful person in the world. Call Creedmoor, there's a megalomaniac on the loose! Who is this nut? His name is Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, owner of the Daily Kos who blogs as Kos. He's a Republican enabler and troll. He's the Ann Coulter of the Left. He's a hate monger and a smear merchant. To support him is to help and enable right wing Republicans. To support him is to support one of the lowest common denominators of human existence. He is an unacceptable voice no matter how often one agrees or disagrees with him. Screw him and any Democrat or politician that aligns himself with him.

Most online active Democrats who are progressives, liberals, and moderates know Kos is a despicable individual. While I have no problem using adjectives to embellish my point, the bottom line is that my point is mostly made with factual examples. This is in stark contrast to the Kos cultists who almost exclusively use ad hominems and excessive name calling to try and delegitimize facts they find inconvenient about Markos Moulitsas. Their primary tact is to label their centrist or liberal critics as unhinged, obsessive, or insane to try to shift the focus away from the issue of Kos' actions, words, and behavior. I should know, I've been the 3 month target of that Kossovik smear campaign. I'm not the first person to expose Kos as the nearly 200 links within demonstrate. 99% of the information accumulated was gathered by others. I've simply organized it. Clearly I am far from alone in my Democratic criticism of Kos and others have picked up on it. In fact I'm in the majority. Here’s a partial but long list of solid Democratic leaning individuals that have incurred the wrath of Kos and/or despise this little man.

Aba who explains why Kos is an extremist, peace activist Anna Baltzer, arc xix for writing a story on the Palins that Kos didn't like, Booman of the Booman Tribune elaborates, Senator Barbara Boxer stopped writing diaries in May of 2007, Buelah Man who explains why Kos is irrelevant to progressives and why, Vincent Bugliosi who yelled at Kos in Denver, thousands of Hilliary Clinton supporters who boycotted Kos' site when Kos' hatred for Hillary went too far, actor John Cusack who stopped posting at the site after two diaries, yours truly davefromqueens who left after Kos made it clear that he supported the bullying of children and outing of real life users, Desert Peace banned for thoughtcrime, Tom Duncombe who is now very disillussioned with Daily Kos, Echidne who was infuriated over Kos' sexism, Jeff Fecke of Moderate Left, Eileen Fleming who explains her banning for thoughtcrime, Brad Friedman of Brad Blog who is infuriated by Kos' right wing views on election integrity, The writer Ghandi who expresses his outrage and credentials, former Kossack, Iraq War Vet and Ohio congressional candidate Paul Hackett who was shamefully double crossed by Kos and later accused of losing his mind. Noted election reformer Beverly Harris, Francis Holland Esq. who for the most part did a great job exposing the real Markos Moulitsas, Democrat Nancy Kallitechnis who explains her banning for thoughtcrime, Erin Kotecki Vest vents her frustration with Kos at Huffington Post, talk show host Michael Kwiatkowski who explains how Kos' scam operation works, blogger Lesser Devil banned for Rick Warren thoughtcrime, Anthony Levensalor expressed his displeasure with Kos, Talk show host Mike Malloy blasted the gatekeeping of Kos, former Kossack Marisa Cat who now regularly exposes Kos, Media girl who explains Kos' misogyny over his Pie Fight, Bob Morris explains his banning along with others like Lake Superior, NARAL gets attacked by Kos for supporting abortion rights, Brendan Nyhan explains Kos' attacks in Time Magazine, President-Elect Barack Obama who ripped DailyKos in December 2006 after he was driven off the site by the Kos hate mongers, Author Mary Scott O'Connor, one of the earliest Kossacks, routinely exposes Stalinist Kos. The staff and multiple bloggers of the liberal Buckeye State Blog who exposed later banned and vitriolic front pager Armando Llorens-Sar's conflicts of interest regarding Walmart and Kelo as well as Kos' ties to the Payola Scandals. Investigative journalist Greg Palast who was ambushed and driven from the site, former Kos administrator Peeder, James Pence of the Hillbilly Report who humorously explains his banning on video, Eyal Rosenberg who explains why Kos kills progressive thought, Rural Democrat who was banned for defending Democrats of Appalachia, Jay Sennett who talks of censorship at Kos, activist Cindy Sheehan who was "warned" by Kos after she spoke of taking on Nancy Pelosi, Philip Shropshire of ThreeRiversOnline, Richard Silverstein who explains the cult and vindictiveness of Kos, Blogger Socratic Gadfly who highlights many Dems who left the site and talks about the intolerance of Kos, Liberal Lee Stranahan banned by Kos for reporting the John Edwards sex scandal and turning out to be 100% right just days later, Known activist David Swanson got banned for thoughtcrime masqueraded as copyright infringement, Howard Dean campaign higher up Zephyr Teachout exposed Kos' payouts from the Dean campaign, Activist Umkahlil and others banned for thoughtcrime on I/P issues, feminist writer Jessica Valenti of feministing called Kos out on his vileness toward women, Rev. Jim Wallis who called Kos out for shooting the Left in its foot (Rev. it's intentional, he's a Republican enabler), Senator Jim Webb who grew tired of Kos' hate, and blogger Zuzu who rips apart Kos' misogyny. In addition to all these people, there are tens of thousands of ordinary Democratic citizens who will have nothing to do with Daily Kos, Kos, or candidates that support him (the few that are left) because of how horrible Kos and his minions act. The question must be asked, "Are all these people wrong?" Of course not.

The myth of Kos is predicated on the grossly false perception that the site has millions of users and readers per day. If this myth is punctured, Kos is out of business. The myth is punctured because the real numbers are merely in the thousands. The media should know this and simply treat Kos as nothing more than a gadfly who attracts fewer customers than your typical mall outlet on a Tuesday afternoon. If you check the true statistics supplied by Kos' statistician Jotter, you will realize that the site has never had more than 33,000 active users in a given year, has never had more than 18,000 active users in a given 3 month period, that the site has about a 30% turnover ratio from quarter to quarter, that many of the so called active users are duplicates/sockpuppets of the same person, that there are only a few thousand active users there per week, and that the number of diarists is now at more than a 12 month low. Moreover, these numbers understate the discontent at Kos given that many registered user names are the same person. Plus, what kind of community sees 30% of its people leave every 3 months? Obviously, there is something rotten in blogmark.

Kos the purge lover is an opportunist with no moral backbone who "doesn't give a shit where Democrats sit on the spectrum." In addition to claiming to have been a Reagan Republican, he actually worked for Henry Hyde and voted for George Bush in 1992. His ruse in 2004 is that he was a liberal. His 2006 ruse was that he was a right leaning libertarian democrat but when that didn't sell, it was back to claiming to be a hard left progressive who despises the DLC while actively working with the DLC's New Politics Institute to undermine and destroy the very progressive Democrats he claims to represent. Kos is apparently from the Reagan Republican, Bush voting, DLC, libertarian democrat, Obama is right wing, unapologetic liberal, strong progressive, Henry Hyde, who cares about ideology wing of the Democratic Party that coddles Chevron. This worst of all worlds scenario is one reason Democrats of all stripes despise him immensely. He once said, "Everybody says I'm an asshole and they’re right I am." Most Republicans and most Democrats would concur.

Elspeth

Why is Markos Moulitsas such an asshole? Is it his Kos Kops who formed a secret website of utter filth where his Kostapo coordinated their cyberbullying toward fellow Democrats, their outing of real life information and investigations of Daily Kos users, and their attacks on children because it was a game to them? Is it the #2 of the Kos Kops who lost his license to practice medicine in Colorado for admittedly sexually assaulting multiple patients. Is it the fact that almost every candidate that is closely associated with him loses races for public office? Is it the multiple crooked scandals he has been associated with regarding payola with candidates including Hillary Clinton who was buying him off weekly? Is it his censorship tendencies and gatekeeping as part of the group Townhouse where he tried to starve the oxygen of other liberal and progressive bloggers even though he openly supports the Online Freedom of Speech Act? Hypocrisy never seems to bother Kos. Is it the 30 real but unpublished rules of the site that look like something out of an Orwell or Kafka novel and not a liberal blog? Is it his personality that reminds people more of Charles Manson than the guy they’d want to have a beer with?

The reasons why most Democrats do not want Markos Moulitsas being perceived as one of them is because Markos Moulitsas is a Republican enabler who hurts Democrats because his actions and behavior are so deplorable that they turn off most people, even compelling John Kerry in 2004 to delink Kos from his campaign. Kerry's initial associations with Kos may have cost him the presidency and Kerry and Kos are so powerless that when Daily Kos endorses an Iraq vet in a Democratic primary who has six digits backing him up, he loses to Alice Kryzan in a primary. She spent $100. In only one House race in 6 years has a Kos House candidate (Donna Edwards over Al Wynn) defeated a better established Democrat in the primary. Most like Mark Pera, Jon Powers, and Karen Carter, can't make it out of a Democratic primary. Others like Ashwin Madia, Dan Seals, and Darcy Burner lose races they should have won with ease. Then there are the infamous Kos House Dozen. Now you've heard Markos' lie about how he tries to fund candidates in Republican leaning districts. Of course if you know Markos, if his lips or keyboard is moving, chances are he's lying. Guess how many of these 12 House seats were later taken over by DIFFERENT democrats? If you guessed EIGHT, you win. So ask why eight other Democrats were able to win House seats that Kos couldn't in 2004? Oh it's because Kos is a Republican asset and the best thing and ally the GOP has going for itself because Kos is a turnoff troll in the mold of Abbie Hoffman, Al Sharpton, and Medea Benjamin. Consider also that Kos would have loved to have taken out the 12 Democratic Senators with more conservative domestic voting records than Joe Lieberman. Thus far, none have lost an election.

Obama wisely condemned DailyKos for condemning Daily Kos, a site where common vulgarity usage totals several hundred thousand times per year. Condemning Daily Kos is indeed a wise strategy for Democrats who want to get elected (This is perhaps the site's only useful purpose). If Obama had chosen to align himself with Markos Moulitsas in 2008 Obama doesn't win by 7 points. In fact he probably doesn't win at all. Republicans would have been wise to have disassociated themselves from the crazed, evil Ann Coulter long ago. We as Democrats won’t make that mistake with the nearly equally venomous Markos Moulitsas. He does not speak for Democrats, progressives or liberals, or the netroots although he has planned for years to seize the Democratic Party. Bottom line, he can't and won't. Let it be clear - If you support Kos you are enabling Republicans and therefore you are the troll undermining Democrats. Moreover, any politician that associates with Kos forfeits the right to the vote of millions of Democrats. Kos is a radioactive toxin. Screw him and any Democrat that aligns himself with him.

Elspeth

http://davefromqueens2.blogspot.com/...ic+underground

F Is For Fake

I think it's fair to say that most of this blog has been devoted towards articulating the existence of a manufactured, internet zeitgeist characterised by right woos left infiltration. Arguably the two biggest blogs of the past decade have been Daily Kos and Democratic Underground. We now know that DKos has been run by a person whose original allegiance was to the right wing oligarchy from El Salvador. Markos Moulitsas actually applied for a position in the CIA, and in 2006 described it as a liberal institution with its heart in the right place. DU was formed as a branch of the triangulating Democratic Leadership Council. In short, true progressives have not been welcomed at either of those dives.

In other areas of the internet, we have witnessed even more lefty posers with their right wing suitors. Sub-tier blogs such as BradBlog, Rigorous Intuition, InfoWars, and What Really Happened can be said to be part and parcel of paranoic, conspiracy theory freakdom. This is the historical record. Once was a time when there was great hope for the internet being a communicative device for positive, social change. Stories published on the internet were scooping the mainstream media. However, as Altamont signified the end of 60's idealism, hoaxes perpetrated by lying lefties such as Jason Leopold and Brad Friedman symbolised the end of the internet having any credibility. We knew deep down that Alex Jones, Michael Rivero, Willis Carto, and other forms of right woos left were full of it. Those influences didn't actually destroy the internet. It was the Lefty Liars Club which did that. It was as if we were all rounded up into fake lefty blogs only to be ridiculed and then banned for questioning the idiocy being spewed. Now all that remains are pockets of awareness.

In this blog entry, I will examine belief systems and try to formulate why hack bloggers were able to infiltrate and destroy the blogosphere. In short, this was done because we the people form the bedrock of fakery. Wilhelm Reich was quite correct that Nazism took hold in Germany due to the social-psychology of the masses. The same applies to the United States and its current forms of fascism-lite. Of course some of us knew from the get-go that the Iraq War was criminal. However, we were only the few. Why did it take so long for the rest of society to catch up to the truth?

In regards to the net, fakery ruled the day due to there being a dearth of thoughtful discussion. Simply put, things regressed into the realm of conspiracy schlock. Bush and Cheney were demonised. More people were hearing about them being the problem rather than the system itself. The idea was pushed that Bush and Cheney were behind 9/11. Bush and Cheney truly suck, but that's preposterous. It then got even stu piddier. Bush and Cheney were plugged as being central cogs of a government sponsored, satanic, mind control, pedophile ring. That crap was making its way to the top of the Democratic Underground's most popular links. Andy Stephenson was at the forefront of peddling that specific form of insanity. Some of his best friends were Brett Kimberlin, Brad Friedman, and Larisa Alexandrovna. Alexandrovna used to co-write articles with Jason Leopold and vouched for the Speedway Bomber, going so far as to spread the disinformation that he was an exonerated, ex-political prisoner. Larry Johnson was also a part of that crowd. They controlled the moderating and zeitgeist at the top boards.

Around the time Kos got outed as being a CIA loving piece of shit, he decided to ban conspiracy talk. Fine. Whatever. But the damage was done, and the big question that needs to be asked is why do so many people feel that Daily Kos speaks for the left? Sure, it's a skeleton of what it once was. A new blog jumped in front by an incredible margin. That would be the Huffington Post. But that was no great advancement. The structure of Huffington lends itself to churning out threads with a daily turnover rate. Nothing ever remains on the front page for too long. The pages take too damn long to load. Too much entertainment rubbish is pushed. Too many of the bloggers are non-intellectual entertainers and hack writers. Censorship also exists at HuffPost. And even if one is fortunate to have any good stuff posted, whoop-de-doo. It won't ever approach becoming a pocket of awareness, since it will inevitably be circumscribed by a mountain of posts full of inane banter.

We have seen the enemy, and it is us. One of the greatest works put out by Orson Welles was a little-known documentary titled F is for Fake. Like the article above concerning War of the Worlds, this movie covered the concept of how fakery can easily become established as zeitgeist.

Here is what Welles found out. He covered the story of Elmyr de Hory, a man notorious for faking out musuems with his forgeries of art masterpieces. Now here is where the irony set in. Clifford Irving had been the one conducting interviews of the confidence man. It later turned out that Irving himself had concocted a fake autobiography of Howard Hughes. Like with the mass hysteria produced by War of the Worlds, Welles showed how significant numbers of society can be easily duped into believing fakeries. I think such an analysis can also be applied to the blogosphere. The same process has taken place there. Eventually such fraud does get exposed but only much later, after the damage has been done, like with Bush's War on Terror.

The same process occurred with the satanic panic, and innocent people went to jail. Opportunistic creeps such as Geraldo and Oprah lended credibility to that which deserved none. There is another example I'd like to share. It concerns the search for the Zodiac killer.

Robert Graysmith wrote a book called Zodiac. Somehow he pulled a Clifford Irving, just substitute the Zodiac killer for Howard Hughes. Graysmith ended up as a so-called expert. Such confidence men are all over the internet. Alexandrovna, Leopold, and Friedman are fake journalists. Rivero, Jones, and Carto are fake patriots. Kos and Huffington are fake liberals.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
I wonder if this should find it's way to the pages of Discussionist?

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
I wonder if this should find it's way to the pages of Discussionist?

Dare ya...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline MD

• Probationary (Probie)
Im a little confused here

Doesnt running a PR campaign require someone to be self-aware?

I might buy a "semi-advanced talking points bot" but not a PR machine.  They lack the cognitive ability to pull that off.
Disclaimer: Anytime I refer to a DUmmie or ****tarded Liberal in any term that may be considered “smart” or "brilliant" it should be read with the most sarcasm you possibly can muster.

They are not smart, that’s why they are Liberal.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Mr. Mann had a good take on this thread.
When it was speculated that DU is PR my reaction was...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbfn3dzu8Ik[/youtube]

When the thread ventured into lurker conversation, I always try to read the whole thread before I post.
But lurking...no way.
I'm the anti lurker.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.