Author Topic: silly primitive being pushed out  (Read 582 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
silly primitive being pushed out
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:58:57 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6294018

Oh my.

The silly primitive:

SoCalDem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-13-09 11:48 AM
Original message

We like our insurance plan/doctor, but we are being "pushed out" of our plan

Why?

The union contract changed and now we have been forced into Aetna. The change takes effect Sept 1, and we have still not gotten a single piece of paper in the mail that even tells us about our choices of doctors, or if my husband's current cardiologist, diabetes doctor are "in the plan".

He has to set appointments long in advance, and is now faced with the possibility that he will have to start all over with another set of doctors.

We called the union and were told that we would be receiving the "packet" in early August, and now the month is half over. The medical group we use does accept "some" Aetna plan, but they won;t know if ours qualifies, until we have the paperwork..

So the October appointment with the cardio, & the colonoscopy in Sept and the ophthalmologist appt in January, may or may have to be with new doctors somewhere else..

What's happened to us is not unusual, and happens all over the place, every day.

Employers can and do change carriers when the monetary reasons present themselves, so the myth of "keep what you want" is just that... a myth.

If we chose to stay with Pacificare, we would surely be denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions, and even if they accepted us, there would be no way on earth we could afford coverage on our own.

We have no idea what co-pays are coming along with the new coverage, or the limits.. we have just been "sold" into a new group, and the only options we have are , "Take it or Leave it".

Don't get me wrong, we are happy to HAVE coverage, but this is an issue that none of the me-me-mobbers, or any of the media ever really covers. They assume that "most people" are like them...making shit loads of money, and having the ability to choose whatever we want, whenever we want.

I'm confused.

It wasn't too long ago--maybe a year and a half, two years--that the silly primitive boasted about how much money her husband makes, and that taxes didn't add up to excresence, and now this sudden poverty?

New bonfire; only one primitive's seen it so far.

DeepBlueC  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-13-09 11:53 AM
Response to Original message

1. sounds like you don't want it any more

you might be interested in a federal govt pool.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: silly primitive being pushed out
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »
Uhhhh DUmmie, this sounds like a UNION problem not an EMPLOYER problem.  Maybe you should take this up with your BA or shop steward??

Yeah, nice way to misplace responsibility for your problem.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:13:40 AM »
Uhhhh DUmmie, this sounds like a UNION problem not an EMPLOYER problem.  Maybe you should take this up with your BA or shop steward??

Yeah, nice way to misplace responsibility for your problem.

KC

Our insurance plan is part of our negotiated contract.  It sounds like her husbands union failed.  :hammer:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:18:23 AM »
She's talking about one or two doctor's visits until their new insurance kicks in. If it's doctors they have a history with then why not just pay for a visit or two or ask them to bill her? If the new health insurance will pay for the visit then all they have to pay is the co-pay. If not, well they're only out a couple of doctor visits. Life goes on. My 13 year old niece is less of a drama queen than these people.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »
Our insurance plan is part of our negotiated contract.  It sounds like her husbands union failed.  :hammer:

Every union I have been familiar and associated with made the insurance package part of the negotiations.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »
I cannot shed a tear for this lady's "problem."   She just has to have something to bitch about so she can write a big long screed on DU, for attention, I guess.  Aetna is a large and reputable insurance company.  There is no crisis here. 

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 07:18:10 PM »
A cardiologist and and endocrinologist? Sounds like the primitives husband needs a nutritionist more.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »
DeepBlueC  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-13-09 11:53 AM
Response to Original message

1. sounds like you don't want it any more

you might be interested in a federal govt pool.

A government pool? Is that when everyone pays in as little as they have to and take out as much as they can as fast as they can?