Author Topic: This story is monumental and needs to be shouted from the mountaintops.  (Read 1227 times)

Offline DUmpDiver

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213661290

marmar (70,696 posts)

This story is monumental and needs to be shouted from the mountaintops.

(Guardian UK) Outrage has greeted a bombshell New York Times story that says American intelligence officials believe a Russian military intelligence unit offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing foreign soldiers in Afghanistan, including targeting Americans.

The story, citing its sources as unnamed officials briefed on the matter, said that the US had come to the conclusion about the operation several months ago and and offered rewards for successful attacks last year.

The Times wrote: “The intelligence finding was briefed to Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March.” However, despite drawing up numerous options by way of a response, the White House has not taken any action.

As the news broke it triggered a fierce response from top Democrats, especially those who have long pointed to what they say is Trump’s overly close relationship to Russia’s autocratic leader, Vladimir Putin. ...............(more)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/27/russia-offered-bounties-afghanistan-militants-killing-us-soldiers-report-outrage

And just what should the US do? Start a war with Russia?

What would Obama do? Red line, anybody?

aeromanKC (1,720 posts)

4. This is one reason why we need to see Trump's taxes!!

Yep. There's probably a deduction for donating to Russian bounties on US soldiers.

Offline SVPete

Close relationship with the Russians? Something like this:

To name just two ways the US has bleeped the Russian economy:

* Boosted US oil and natural gas production, making the US a net exporter and thereby increasing supply which also lowers the prices for these commodities. Oil and NG are major Russian exports.

* Completed the process of moving NASA from dependence on Russia's Soyuz rockets to SpaceX's rockets, costing Russia millions of $$ just from NASA (and if other countries use SpaceX, even more millions of $$ or Euros or ...).

I could have listed more major bleep-overs that made Putin unhappy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

THE WORLD'S SMARTEST WOMAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE PRESENTS AN EMERGENCY OFF BUTTON ENGRAVED IN RUSSIAN WITH THE WORD "OVERCHARGE."

The.

World's.

Smartest.

Woman.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline thundley4

I seem to recall stories about Iran paying Palestinian families when their son or father did a suicide bombing. No one cared then.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I spent over 35 years in the Army, one way and another, including about 15 years of Cold War.  I say this so nobody will start screaming 'Commie' at me when I say this:  BFD, it's small potatoes compared to the sh*t we pulled on them when they were in Afghanistan.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

I spent over 35 years in the Army, one way and another, including about 15 years of Cold War.  I say this so nobody will start screaming 'Commie' at me when I say this:  BFD, it's small potatoes compared to the sh*t we pulled on them when they were in Afghanistan.

That's why I laugh every time the media breathlessly talks about Russian spy planes. spy trawlers or even submarines off our coast. It goes both ways.

Offline landofconfusion80

The Taliban loved those shoulder launched gifts before we became the great satan
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

The Taliban loved those shoulder launched gifts before we became the great satan

No kidding.  Up through the disintegration of the USSR, our fighters playing tag with Bears over the Arctic and North Pacific and Atlantic (And their PVO-Straniy interceptor trying to catch our EC Hercs, Connies, and Orions over Kamchatka, Kola and points north of Turkey) was pretty much daily fun and games.  Occasionally deadly.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

No kidding.  Up through the disintegration of the USSR, our fighters playing tag with Bears over the Arctic and North Pacific and Atlantic (And their PVO-Straniy interceptor trying to catch our EC Hercs, Connies, and Orions over Kamchatka, Kola and points north of Turkey) was pretty much daily fun and games.  Occasionally deadly.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N4jQhnXrWbg
Soviet interception and collision with USN

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
That's why I laugh every time the media breathlessly talks about Russian spy planes. spy trawlers or even submarines off our coast. It goes both ways.

I guess people don't remember back in the 70's the Soviets did the exact same thing. One of my jobs when I was stationed at the Anti Submarine Warfare Operation Center (ASWOC) at NAS North Island was to plot on a chart the positions of any Soviet spy trawlers and submarines off the West Coast.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

I guess people don't remember back in the 70's the Soviets did the exact same thing. One of my jobs when I was stationed at the Anti Submarine Warfare Operation Center (ASWOC) at NAS North Island was to plot on a chart the positions of any Soviet spy trawlers and submarines off the West Coast.
Bet that was a wheres Waldo rask trying to pinpoint any specific ship

Offline SVPete

Looks like whether or not the intel is correct, Trump was not briefed. At the bottom of this blogpost, https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/06/28/trump-never-briefed-russia-placing-bounties-troops-afghan-jihadis/ , is an update from a CBS reporter confirming that this info was not in the PDB. Either there was no intel report to this effect, someone screwed up and the info was not given to Trump, or some #resister withheld the info from Trump.

Another Trump-Shattering-Kaboom fizzled. And because so many DUpipo refuse to hear what they don't want to hear, many/most DUpipo will be clueless why this didn't bring down Trump.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:12:18 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Looks like whether or not the intel is correct, Trump was not briefed. At the bottom of this blogpost, https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/06/28/trump-never-briefed-russia-placing-bounties-troops-afghan-jihadis/ , is an update from a CBS reporter confirming that this info was not in the PDB. Either there was no intel report to this effect, someone screwed up and the info was not given to Trump, or some #resister withheld the info from Trump.

Another Trump-Shattering-Kaboom fizzled. And because so many DUpipo refuse to hear what they don't want to hear, many/most DUpipo will be clueless why this didn't bring down Trump.

Turns out it was NOT credible.  More Liberal tears.   :rotf:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.