Author Topic: I am seriously considering going to Ukraine to fight  (Read 617 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I am seriously considering going to Ukraine to fight
« on: March 02, 2022, 08:49:32 AM »
Star Member Mortos (2,287 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216423709

I am a veteran. I have training in radio communications, small arms, grenades, claymore mines, machine guns, and shoulder-fired weapons. I have been out of the military for 24 years. I am 55 years old and in good health. It is killing me every day to see the pain inflicted on peaceful Ukrainian civilians and soldiers. President Zelensky has asked people with military experience to come and help defend his country. I feel like a coward standing by and watching a dictator try to subjugate an entire country and kill its women, children, and democratically elected leaders.

It feels like watching history repeat itself and we all now say why didn't someone stop Hitler.

It would cost me just under $800 to fly to Poland.

The military times has instructions about how to apply at a Ukrainian consulate.

I think about this non-stop.

5. I was never in combat as a soldier

I served during the relatively peaceful Clinton years. I did work in Iraq as a civilian contractor but not in a military capacity.

Star Member Kaleva (29,613 posts)

6. I respect that and wish you a safe return!

Star Member LymphocyteLover (2,950 posts)

13. I almost do too though I'm 59 and have no military experience

keithbvadu2 (24,633 posts)

16. You probably won't see Donald Sr, or Donnie Jr, or Eric, or any MAGAts on your flight.

You probably won't see Donald Sr, or Donnie Jr, or Eric, or any MAGAts on your flight.

bhikkhu (10,587 posts)

22. I have no training whatsoever myself, but I know what you mean

I wish I could help somehow, but maybe buying war bonds would be the best thing in my case.

In 2019 I spent a couple weeks in the Baltics with family, and it was one oft he most beauitiful and friendly areas I've ever been. We planned to go back in 2020, then in 2021, but covid has kept pushing things back. If war came there, training or not, I'd want to go. I'm old and have had a good life, if it went very badly I wouldn't mind as long as it could be the service of good.

OneBlueDotS-Carolina (1,063 posts)

25. It would balance out...

the many who have flown to Moscow to join the Tucker Carlson Brigade. Sadly many have to wear their civilian kit as Russia didn't have uniforms for the extremely obese.

:whatever:

delisen (5,301 posts)

31. Plan and prepare for your life if you are seriously injured

If you have US veterans benefits you may be ok if seriously or dreadfully injured and long term disabled.

Some America’s who fought against Franco became long term disabled with no access to good medical care. You would probably qualify for Medicaid if not VA but this is a practical thing to know in advance.

Star Member RainCaster (8,433 posts)

32. I'm 63 and have no desire to go

But I will gladly stay here and help fight any cyber warfare. That's closer to what I do.

Traildogbob (4,438 posts)

46. You are an honorable man

Soldier. But we may very well need you right here after 2022 gets stolen from us with voter rules and our very own Putin gets reinstalled after they steal all power and impeach Joe and Kamala.

We have a faction right here being pumped up by the likes of Bannon and Trump that would kill women and children in his name to make us a Putin style country. Evil Assholes wanting to destroy our own democracy and freedom on our soil. When it starts here, count me in to stand by you and have your 180. I have not yet seen a single Russian soldier with the hate filled eyes and gapping mouths of the 1-6 Crowd. Putin’s eyes don’t look that full of hate. This vet respects you.

:thatsright:

Star Member hamsterjill (13,265 posts)

95. I don't know what to say.

You could lose your life. But then again, any one of us could be hit by a truck today and be gone. Only you can decide and your decision should be respected either way.

But I admire yourself passion and your will, and either way, I wish you safety and peace.

Someone has to stop Putin.

:cheersmate:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: I am seriously considering going to Ukraine to fight
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 09:28:20 AM »

I am a veteran. I have training in radio communications, small arms, grenades, claymore mines, machine guns, and shoulder-fired weapons. I have been out of the military for 24 years. I am 55 years old and in good health. It is killing me every day to see the pain inflicted on peaceful Ukrainian civilians and soldiers. President Zelensky has asked people with military experience to come and help defend his country. I feel like a coward standing by and watching a dictator try to subjugate an entire country and kill its women, children, and democratically elected leaders.

It feels like watching history repeat itself and we all now say why didn't someone stop Hitler.

It would cost me just under $800 to fly to Poland.

The military times has instructions about how to apply at a Ukrainian consulate.

I think about this non-stop.
Ukrainian military have a radio communication for you.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot   ::)

Another stolen valor DUmbass.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 09:32:05 AM »
What the DU army would resemble
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 10:07:26 AM »
Waiting for the "You talked me out of it" or other excuses to fall anytime now.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 10:09:25 AM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 11:14:26 AM »
Waiting for the "You talked me out of it" or other excuses to fall anytime now.

Funny I was thinking of him hitting up the other Dummies for a Go Fund Me donation to get him there with all the necessary equipment. We shall see.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 02:20:51 PM »

But I couldn't find it on the map.

I would go but don't have anyone to feed the cat.

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 02:41:42 PM »
I. Am. Gonna. Pee.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Tess Anderson

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 06:39:56 PM »
This is more a DUmmies speed:

New Yorkers waited in a long line at a Ukrainian diner to show solidarity in the wake of Russia's invasion

Kate Duffy
Feb 25, 2022, 9:02 AM

A local Ukrainian diner in New York was swarmed with guests on Thursday after news that Russia had invaded the country, The New York Times reported.

Veselka, located on Second Avenue, had a line of New Yorkers which stretched around the block, per The Times.

It comes as hundreds of people gathered in Manhattan to protest against Russia's attack on Ukraine, chanting "stop the war" and "stop Russia now" while holding Ukrainian flags, The Times reported.

-snip-

Veselka offers a range of traditional Ukrainian food on its menu, including potato pancakes, goulash, and dumplings called pierogi, per its website.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-ukraine-diner-line-protest-support-russia-putin-invade-2022-2

Nothing says "**** PUTIN!" like getting your munchies on.

:rant:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 11:11:32 PM »

I am a veteran. I have training in radio communications, small arms, grenades, claymore mines, machine guns, and shoulder-fired weapons.

I'm sorry DUmbass but time playing Call of Duty, Battlefield 2042 or Fortnite doesn't count for being a veteran.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 12:43:05 AM »
This ***** cat watched SoCal fall to Mexico and gets a stiffy when his team takes a powder.  Go figure.

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2022, 09:20:37 AM »
a vet? Did why didn't he mention it when he ran for OK state Senate and lost?:

https://www.city-sentinel.com/criminal_justice/in-oklahoma-state-senate-district-45-for-steven-vincent/article_46a0a67a-cb01-5000-84a8-1b469eeb2f88.html

it was back in 2017, the other moon bat candidate had to drop out:

https://www.normantranscript.com/news/government/dems-ask-candidate-to-withdraw-from-senate-district-race/article_b1fce193-b0b4-5391-9c3f-196d3251c755.html

Vinny is just virtual signaling again

I don't know how you do it but I am amazed at your prowess Tess. Thanks for your research.

HI5  :cheersmate:
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 11:00:58 AM »

You know, the prowess of the Ukrainian resistance COULD be attributed to the arrival of a certain American.  A man who had seen enough, and quit sweeping the floor of the Sonoma tchotchke store where he works. He went home, gazed at the decorations on the wall, and finally listened to the voicemails that he knew would beckon him to Eastern Europe. How, he wondered, could one of the most decorated Navy Seals in history NOT go and join the fight?

I'm writing, of course, of the great Hollis Thomas Wright, formerly of Tiburon, CA. Well-known songwriter and performer, connoisseur of single women and their Italian sportscars, wielder of invisible ink markers, and holder of shotguns to the chests of politicians. The trail of dead Russians may well have the markings of the great TominTib: the smouldering butts of Winstons, empty bottles of Elmer T. Lee, and tire tracks from a 1972 DeTomaso Mangusta. Listen well to the last words of the invaders: Как ужасно. Меня убивает лживый либеральный засранец.! What's that sound on the wind, interrupting the muffled distant artillery explosions? Why, it's the strumming of TominTib, singing a song he probably stole from an actual artist. 
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2022, 11:54:58 AM »
     You know, the prowess of the Ukrainian resistance COULD be attributed to the arrival of a certain American.  A man who had seen enough, and quit sweeping the floor of the Sonoma tchotchke store where he works. He went home, gazed at the decorations on the wall, and finally listened to the voicemails that he knew would beckon him to Eastern Europe. How, he wondered, could one of the most decorated Navy Seals in history NOT go and join the fight?

I'm writing, of course, of the great Hollis Thomas Wright, formerly of Tiburon, CA. Well-known songwriter and performer, connoisseur of single women and their Italian sportscars, wielder of invisible ink markers, and holder of shotguns to the chests of politicians. The trail of dead Russians may well have the markings of the great TominTib: the smouldering butts of Winstons, empty bottles of Elmer T. Lee, and tire tracks from a 1972 DeTomaso Mangusta. Listen well to the last words of the invaders: Как ужасно. Меня убивает лживый либеральный засранец.! What's that sound on the wind, interrupting the muffled distant artillery explosions? Why, it's the strumming of TominTib, singing a song he probably stole from an actual artist.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2022, 01:02:15 PM »

If TiT is this dude, https://www.mylife.com/hollis-wright/e948733009296 , he's now in Richardson, TX.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2022, 01:06:05 PM »
If TiT is this dude, https://www.mylife.com/hollis-wright/e948733009296 , he's now in Richardson, TX.

Ol' TiT always claimed he was originally from TX, but if the pictures I've seen of him were actually him (and I think they were) he was not black, he was an older white guy with white hair and a beard, if I remember correctly.

KC

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 01:17:33 PM »

I am a veteran. I have training in radio communications, small arms, grenades, claymore mines, machine guns, and shoulder-fired weapons.
So, which team Gravy Seals or the Green Buffets?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
My guess

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2022, 02:47:00 PM »
My guess

Meh, still too manly looking. 
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2022, 03:20:43 PM »

Ol' TiT always claimed he was originally from TX, but if the pictures I've seen of him were actually him (and I think they were) he was not black, he was an older white guy with white hair and a beard, if I remember correctly.

KC

Yeah, TiT was whiter than Martin Mull
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »

KC

The veritable Walter Mitty of the DUmp.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2022, 07:50:48 PM »
a vet? Did why didn't he mention it when he ran for OK state Senate and lost?:

https://www.city-sentinel.com/criminal_justice/in-oklahoma-state-senate-district-45-for-steven-vincent/article_46a0a67a-cb01-5000-84a8-1b469eeb2f88.html

it was back in 2017, the other moon bat candidate had to drop out:

https://www.normantranscript.com/news/government/dems-ask-candidate-to-withdraw-from-senate-district-race/article_b1fce193-b0b4-5391-9c3f-196d3251c755.html

Vinny is just virtual signaling again

Great work, Tess. I seriously question any DUmbass who claims military status. They propped up Jesse f'n MacBeth who said he got his start at becoming a ranger running from cops.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2022, 12:44:58 AM »
The QWERTY limp noodle is slobbering upon the donation plate.