Author Topic: Are We Going To Let Tr**p Get Away With This?....  (Read 658 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Are We Going To Let Tr**p Get Away With This?....
« on: February 24, 2022, 12:03:32 AM »
Star Member global1 (23,232 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216389314

His denouncing Biden and supporting Putin and Russia is really the final straw.

He's got to be stopped and held accountable.

He's switched sides. He's a traitor.

dchill (29,651 posts)

1. He's been a traitor for YEARS.

Star Member hamsterjill (13,209 posts)

6. He was and is a Putin plant

It’s the only thing that made any sense for how he behaved when he was in the White House and how he has behaved since leaving. He is owned by and fears Putin.

PdamnedQ (26 posts)

8. I believe that the U.S. Secret Service should be an impartial entity....

However, if they have a traitor in their midst they should arrest that traitor even if he, somehow, was a president.

[I posted this in another thread but, I think my comments are even more pertinent here]

Star Member JohnSJ (82,243 posts)

9. He needs to be called out, along with Fox News for pushing the lies and propaganda

Mary in S. Carolina (1,028 posts)

11. Time for President Biden

to get rid a Merrick Garland. Enough is Enough

Star Member Wingus Dingus (5,445 posts)

13. There's nobody to hold him to account. So we get treated to the spectacle

of a former American president cheering on our enemy as he attacks a sovereign country and destabilizes the world. Of course, he did try to overthrow the US government with a bunch of fired-up goons... so is this worse, or just the same?

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: Are We Going To Let Tr**p Get Away With This?....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 05:19:13 AM »
Another dog-ass to nowhere scribble.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 06:24:15 AM »
Putin is playing Biden like a drum. That's just the facts. To point that out isn't treason, nor does it mean you approve of him doing so.

And Putin is pretty smart for doing this now when Cap'n Dementia is the prez. Slo Joe is incompetent, weak, and foolish. That's just the facts. To point that out isn't treason, nor does it mean you approve of him doing so.

China would be smart to do the same. That's just the facts. To point that out isn't treason, nor does it mean you approve of China doing so.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 07:17:08 AM »
Trump stating that Putin's tactics are savvy is in no way an endorsement of Putin's actions. It is merely a statement of fact. To use a DU phrase "Putin is playing three-dimensional chess will Biden is playing checkers."
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 08:17:06 AM »
Star Member global1 (23,232 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216389314

His denouncing Biden and supporting Putin and Russia is really the final straw.

Hitler was smart in how he played Chamberlain and Daladier. That isn't praising Hitler, just stating a fact.

Putin was smart in how he played Biden. That isn't praising Putin, just stating a fact.

Chamberlain and Daladier were stupid in handling Hitler. That is fact, not disloyalty to the UK or France.

Biden was stupid in handling Putin. That is fact, not disloyalty to the US.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 08:20:42 AM »
... To use a DU phrase "Putin is playing three-dimensional chess will Biden is playing checkers."

More like, "Biden is playing with an Etch A Sketch," but it's DU's saying .....
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 08:36:28 AM »
How can this be? I thought Biden was going to stare down Putin and VP giggles was going to back him up?
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 11:05:50 AM »
"Putin is playing three-dimensional chess will Biden is playing checkers."

JoePedo Brandon is finger painting with what's in his adult diaper.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 11:38:46 AM »
Does anyone have an actual quote of what Trump said?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2022, 12:46:36 PM »
DU may be beyond parody at this point.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2022, 12:50:39 PM »

I found this
What Trump said: “I said, ‘This is genius,’” Trump said in the interview. “Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine ― Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.”

“So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent.’ A large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper.
“That’s strongest peace force. … We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy. … I know him very well. Very, very well.”

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2022/2/23/22947419/president-trump-reacts-putin-russian-military-ukraine-southern-border
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2022, 01:07:33 PM »
More like, "Biden is playing with an Etch A Sketch," but it's DU's saying .....

And pedo joe is still looking for where to plug the Etch A Sketch in.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2022, 01:28:17 PM »
"Cunning" and "calculating" would be better word choices than "genius" or "savvy," which sound complimentary.

I hate to admit it, but aside from the MSM, Trump's own mouth is often his own worst enemy. And '22 and '24 are too damn important to give the MSM more ammunition than what they already make up themselves.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2022, 01:44:31 PM »
Yeah, I guess you're right, Dandi, but he wasn't wrong.  Sanctions can't touch him, he's only getting richer by the day on oil and gold.  He's got shittons of both. 

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2022, 03:54:15 PM »

The complete interview is available here:

https://www.clayandbuck.com/president-trump-with-cb-from-mar-a-lago/

And the entire quote by Trump and the question he was responding to were:

BUCK: Mr. President, in the last 24 hours we know Russia has said that they are recognizing two breakaway regions of Ukraine, and now this White House is stating that this is an “invasion.” That’s a strong word. What went wrong here? What has the current occupant of the Oval Office done that he could have done differently?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, what went wrong was a rigged election and what went wrong is a candidate that shouldn’t be there and a man that has no concept of what he’s doing. I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.

So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy… I know him very well. Very, very well.

By the way, this never would have happened with us. Had I been in office, not even thinkable. This would never have happened. But here’s a guy that says, you know, “I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,” he used the word “independent,” “and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.” You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad.

So, yes, Trump's words are being taken out of context, but, as Dandi said, he could have made the point is a better way.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 04:06:51 PM »
PdamnedQ (26 posts)

However, if they have a traitor in their midst they should arrest that traitor even if he, somehow, was a president.

Are you talking about Clapper or Comey? Neither was prez but that shouldn't matter.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 05:42:17 PM »
"Cunning" and "calculating" would be better word choices than "genius" or "savvy," which sound complimentary.

I hate to admit it, but aside from the MSM, Trump's own mouth is often his own worst enemy. And '22 and '24 are too damn important to give the MSM more ammunition than what they already make up themselves.

I agree. Trump's mouth is his worst enemy. He is correct though.  Putin played the world like a violin and spanked Biden like a $5,000 dominatrix does to her clientele.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 06:44:59 PM »
how is Trump's words any different than the losing coach of a football game commending the decisions of the winning coach in leading his team to victory? 

The losing coach is not supporting the winning coach nor did he throw the game on purpose, he's merely pointing out that the winning coach had a superior strategy and executed his plans better.

In the case of Ukraine, Putin saw that America's leadership and expected response is weak and exploited that weakness.  Trump merely pointed that out as a genius strategy.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2022, 08:03:09 AM »
JoePedo Brandon is finger painting with what's in his adult diaper.

He gets it confused with his apple sauce, the poor fella.

:whistling:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 08:37:46 AM »

Trump's vocabulary is roughly at a 9th-grade level, so I will give him a pass on choosing "genius" rather than "cunning." That said, I remember when second-guessing the POTUS during Iraq was considered "patriotic."

Waiting for DUmmies to enlist to go over and fight. I'm sure Ukraine would gladly take you DUmmies, but you would have to touch a big bad gun.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 11:05:43 AM »

photoshop away, folks...

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2022, 11:43:05 AM »
Let's pretend Trump said what DUmmies imagine he said and meant. It's counter-factual, but for the sake of discussion, so what? We aren't at war with Russia. Criticizing the President probably began with Washington's Presidency. Pretending Trump said what DUmmies imagine he said and meant, how is that not Constitutionally protected free speech?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2022, 11:52:58 AM »
Let's pretend Trump said what DUmmies imagine he said and meant. It's counter-factual, but for the sake of discussion, so what? We aren't at war with Russia. Criticizing the President probably began with Washington's Presidency. Pretending Trump said what DUmmies imagine he said and meant, how is that not Constitutionally protected free speech?

because ORANGE MAN BAD
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2022, 12:49:26 PM »
Looking over this whole situation, something Jesus said comes to mind.
For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?
Luke 14:28

This is exactly what Putin did. He evaluated how sanctions would affect Russia versus how Europe would deal with a reduction in oil and natural gas and realized that most of the things Biden and Europe are willing to do will make sure they are holding the short straw. What he stands to gain apparently is greater than the cost of acquiring it.
Klingon Proverb.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2022, 12:59:21 PM »

Scrolled through too fast and missed this. I agree 100%  Trump's mouth is his most powerful weapon, but he often points it at his own head or foot or other body part.  It's nice to see a president who isn't perfectly molded plastic all the time, but Trump needs to work on the filter and slowing down a touch to think about how things sound before they come out of his mouth if he is going to stay involved in politics and especially if he's going to run again. 

There are times when it works great (rallies, most casual interviews) but there are times when a well prepared speech/release is more effective, and he is capable of dropping those as well. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.