Author Topic: I think politically motivated violence---fists, clubs and worse---on our streets  (Read 840 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Atticus (11,380 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215730605

This post has been bouncing around in my head for several weeks. I've even typed and scrapped
it a couple of times.

To get right to the point, I think politically motivated violence---fists, clubs and worse---on our streets, at meetings and in parking lots is inevitable.

And, though I am a liberal Democrat who believes in letting the law deal with most forms of violence, I know that the law will not protect me and mine when some ignorant Trumpie announces he's going to "kick my libtard ass" some night as I'm unlocking my bumper-stickered car. I do not intend to "go gentle into that good night". I intend to make any attempt to kick my "libtard ass" a painful experience.

I am tired of "biting my tongue", "considering the source", and "letting it slide" when some ignoramus showers us with vulgar threats and obscene names. I am prepared to tell these cowards that if they're looking for trouble, they've found it----and then just "go with the flow".

I'm sure the above will disgust some, but it is honest.

:yawn:

Star Member gratuitous (75,002 posts)

2. It's what they're pushing for

I hope that I maintain my personal and spiritual discipline when push comes to shove: "You can beat me up, but you're still wrong."

Star Member louslobbs (2,714 posts)

7. They're cowards

When you stand up to them, they back down. Big fat mouth's and when confronted they start to shake in their boots.

:whatever:

Star Member louslobbs (2,714 posts)

3. Recently, a Trumper invaded my personal space at a Ralph's....the first time

I asked him if he would please step back. I was double masked and he was unmasked. He then proceeded to get closer than six feet a second time. I then told him that he needed to step away from me and not invade my space again. I made this statement loudly and forcefully…..and with an expletive. (What the **** are you doing, didn’t I just ask you nicely to please step back from me?). The whole place got quiet and the Trumper asked smugly, what I was going to do if he did it again. I told him to GO AHEAD AND DO IT THEN!

He didn’t….I am finished being nice and trying to have a conversation with these people. If it’s a fight they want, then in defense of myself and of my space, and of those I love, it is a fight they are going to get. I’m done backing down to keep the peace. As I was placing the bags in the car, I can hear yelling in front of Ralph’s. Same guy, arguing with the manager who was probably asking him to leave the store. The Palm Springs police pulled up and I waited to see if they might need a statement. They didn’t, guy was trespassed and I drove home.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Treefrog (2,364 posts)

4. Because violence solves everything.

Got it.

halfulglas (413 posts)

16. I might start carrying my key chain pepper spray.

My kids gave it to me years ago when I moved to my present home alone. I've never used it and stopped carrying it. But I noticed they are for sale on many sites. A little about 4 inch cylinder of something with a thing to fit on your keychain. So if this is clogged or whatever for never ever being used. I may start carrying it attached to my purse in case I feel threatened. 'Cause I'm not about to hit anyone.

Leith (6,954 posts)

17. I'm not tough and I can't fight

I am just a chubby almost-little-old-lady so fisticuffs is out.

What I can do is shout. And I mean loud - I could be heard over an orchestra on stage. I've decided that shouting "security!" and "help!" at the top of my lungs while I back away slowly so the store's cameras will show that I do whatever possible to avoid violence is the best thing for me to do.

:mental:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

as I'm unlocking my bumper-stickered car
:lmao: :rotf:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

I think politically motivated violence---fists, clubs and worse---on our streets, at meetings and in parking lots is inevitable.

Yes, in fact the odds that it has already happened (instigated by your side, of course) is around 100%

As for the rest... heroes in their own minds, that's all they are.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
 :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Liberals trying to talk tough. The laughs keep coming.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mr Mannn

antifa and blm are always brave when their victims are unarmed.
BUT. The very moment someone pushes back, Lefty goes screaming to the police for help.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Earth to DUmbass.....Earth to DUmbass.....Portland Oregon and Milwaukee Wisconsin would like to have a word with you.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
louslobbs (2,714 posts)

7. They're cowards

When you stand up to them, they back down. Big fat mouth's and when confronted they start to shake in their boots.

https://youtu.be/-URa-PoLp6o
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

That post No. 3 bouncy was HILARIOUS!.  We're missing a little clapping at the end, but it even had COPS!!   :lmao:  Thanks for a great laugh break, DUmbass. 

Traildogbob (3,329 posts)

26. 6 feet back or 6 feet under.

I am pro choice. Been listening to their threats since Obama took office first time. Got some shit built up. Bring it assholes. Bring Trump with you, and all his sons. Please. I will leave Baron out of this, unless he comes talking Trump type shit. **** em all. Oh, and have Jarod tag along.

:mental:  What was the point of naming all the family names?  Are we supposed to just call them up, or what? 

BTW, louslobbs mentions his "husband."

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 11:51:57 AM by Karin »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Wait, WHY is the earth so scary for all of them?  Slo Joe got elected, right?  Why hasn’t he solved all their problems?  Is it because they don’t want to discuss things like Hunter’s third list laptop?  Joe not addressing the out of control wildfires?  Joe’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan?  The fact their dream bill wants to tax is per mile driven?

What is driving their fear?!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Wait, WHY is the earth so scary for all of them?  Slo Joe got elected, right?  Why hasn’t he solved all their problems?  Is it because they don’t want to discuss things like Hunter’s third list laptop? 

Joe not addressing the out of control wildfires?

Joe’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan?

The fact their dream bill wants to tax is per mile driven?

KC

Climate change don't question its settled science again just like in the 70's, 80's 90's etc.  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline freedumb2003b

blah blah blah du cred blah blah
I intend to make any attempt to kick my "libtard ass" a painful experience.
blah blah blah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
*bbbrrrreeeaaaattthhheee*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You liberal ass kicking will be easier than poopy pants xiden groping a little girl's breasts!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ADsOutburst

If DUers want me to stay away from them, that is okay.

That's no loss of mine.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Funny how the only time I hear about leftists being “assaulted” (their very loose definition of the term ranging from being ignored to having someone look at them in a way they don’t like) is on LW websites. No conservatives that I’ve seen mention any confrontations with leftists. It’s almost like the lefties are making it up. You would think there would be post after post after post of conservatives bragging about owning the libs. But, no.

Keep in mind, even us pointing and laughing at their individual and collective stupidity is regarded by them as an assault.

Besides, if someone in a grocery store (Ralph’s) were to say to you not to invade their space, I’d simply say that I’m trying to do my shopping like everyone else. If he raised his voice, I’d be raising mine telling him I can’t wait all day for him to move so I can finish my shopping list. I would verbally lay this kook out in no time flat. The louslobbs primitive is all hat and no cattle, guaranteed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
When the time comes the ditches will be full of stunning and brave leftists...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Wait, WHY is the earth so scary for all of them?  Slo Joe got elected, right?  Why hasn’t he solved all their problems?  Is it because they don’t want to discuss things like Hunter’s third list laptop?  Joe not addressing the out of control wildfires?  Joe’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan?  The fact their dream bill wants to tax is per mile driven?

KC

Leftists are driven by fear. That is all they know.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
antifa and blm are always brave when their victims are unarmed.
BUT. The very moment someone pushes back, Lefty goes screaming to the police for help.

You said a mouthfull.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Does "Assicus Finch" currently hold the mantle of the resident DUmp's largest internet penis?  There have been several who've held that role over yonder.  Such talk from a giant women's midsection in real life.

:badass:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

Since the OP DUmmie is such a bad-ass I think I'll nickname him Flatus. Quite appropriate, really.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Traildogbob (3,329 posts)

I am pro choice. Been listening to their threats since Obama took office first time. Got some shit built up. Bring it assholes. Bring Trump with you, and all his sons. Please. I will leave Baron out of this, unless he comes talking Trump type shit. **** em all. Oh, and have Jarod tag along.

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
Oh noes a bunch of keyboard warriors are talking crap about how tough they are. I seriously doubt any of them have ever been in any sort of scrap at all unless you count heartburn over a plate of chicken wings.  :panic:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline ADsOutburst

Funny how the only time I hear about leftists being “assaulted” (their very loose definition of the term ranging from being ignored to having someone look at them in a way they don’t like) is on LW websites. No conservatives that I’ve seen mention any confrontations with leftists. It’s almost like the lefties are making it up. You would think there would be post after post after post of conservatives bragging about owning the libs. But, no.

The closest thing I've ever seen was when a woman (who I assume was some sort of canvasser for the democrats) visited our house sometime before the 2008 election. My mom answered the door, and went out on the porch to talk to her. She shut the door, so I didn't hear most of what was said. But as my mom came back inside, the other woman snarled "Well, I hope McCain doesn't die in office!".

Let that last comment sink in. That woman probably feels really stupid now (or at least she should).

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.

This post has been bouncing around in my head for several weeks. I've even typed and scrapped
it a couple of times.

To get right to the point, I think politically motivated violence---fists, clubs and worse---on our streets, at meetings and in parking lots is inevitable.

And, though I am a liberal Democrat who believes in letting the law deal with most forms of violence, I know that the law will not protect me and mine when some ignorant Trumpie announces he's going to "kick my libtard ass" some night as I'm unlocking my bumper-stickered car. I do not intend to "go gentle into that good night". I intend to make any attempt to kick my "libtard ass" a painful experience.

I am tired of "biting my tongue", "considering the source", and "letting it slide" when some ignoramus showers us with vulgar threats and obscene names. I am prepared to tell these cowards that if they're looking for trouble, they've found it----and then just "go with the flow".

I'm sure the above will disgust some, but it is honest.

Was it the 2 billion dollars of damage and the multiple lives lost, due to leftist political violence, that gave it away, Einstein?

*facepalm*
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline YupItsMe

Quote from: Traildogbob (3,329 posts)
That post No. 3 bouncy was HILARIOUS!.  We're missing a little clapping at the end, but it even had

As far as I know the law hasn't changed.  And I believe threatening a former President might just be illegal.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

"Star Member louslobbs (2,714 posts)

3. Recently, a Trumper invaded my personal space at a Ralph's....the first time

I asked him if he would please step back. I was double masked and he was unmasked."

Double masked?
What a loser!
That's like the sort of thing I'd expect from a comedy video on Youtube parodying covid- paranoia!