Author Topic: primitives wonder if Skins's island can survive after 01-20-09  (Read 756 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3789545

Oh my.

Realistically, can the level of Hate directed against John McCain possibly get any higher than that leveled against George Bush the last eight years?  We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

nomad1776  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-13-08 01:05 PM
Original message

Can DU survive the end of George Bush?

Seems to me the common bond of loathing, disliking or hating George Bush was the bond that united all DUers. With his departure can DUers find enough common ground to stay united. We have seen a major fracture in DU unity with the often bitter primaries. Now we continue to see that anger and bitterness linger and even fester.

So many long time DUers are being banned and it doesn't seem like the admins are not giving the members every chance to stick around, it's just that members are reaching irreconcilable differences and the admins have no choice but to act.

I think the question of DU's future is a valid one. After all this message board never has known anything but having George Bush, war criminal and common criminal, in the White House. I have seen that the message board format has been in a slight decline recently. It seems that there is heavy competition from blogs, My Space, Face Book, You Tube and other avenues of cyber expression.

So I wonder if the heavy losses DU has suffered, in the past few months, will be easily replaced.

So can DU develop a vision and a unity that can replace the anti George Bush sentiment? I think if the Dems score a big win in November, further marginalizing the GOP, this could become a major issue. After all dislike of a marginalized GOP is not going to be a strong uniter.

That's not a good thing for a group that seems to stubbornly resist the idea of unity and respect for deferring opinions. It seems like DUers have lost sight of how one should treat the true enemy and how one should treat a fellow liberal/Democrat you don't agree with.

Perhaps it's not a question of common vision but just common courtesy and respect. Maybe we all need to think twice before we post the next put down of a fellow DUer, a Democrat, a liberal or a popular liberal cause. Is it possible that we can remember our common bonds of support for the rights of people in the minority, our compassion for those less fortunate and our belief that government is not the root of all evil? Maybe all we need is to remember that the anger or animosity we feel only grows when we post expressions of it.

So if you like Du and want it to prosper I think that maybe an olive branch would be a better tool than a club, next time you are in disagreement with a fellow DUer.

How about the Obamaite primitives extending that olive branch to primitives who supported the worthier Democrat candidate for president?

After all, Barry "Goldwater" Obama's not going to win without 50.2% of the Democrats, who've been considerably alienated, by the bad manners and Hate of the Obamaites and Obamaite primitives.

Lex  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-13-08 01:07 PM
Response to Original message

1. Did Rush Limbaugh survive having the Repukes in charge?

No matter what's going on, there is always something to 'bond' over.

The Obamaite primitives better hurry up and bond with the primitives who supported the worthier candidate for the Democrat nomination; time's running out.

chimpsrsmarter  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-13-08 01:16 PM
Response to Reply #1

7. and a democrat in the whitehouse is good for right wing radio.

Uh oh.  One supposes "right-wing" radio is going down the tubes after 01-20-09.

Damn, I'll miss it.

The unintentionally funniest comment by a primitive today:

YOY  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-13-08 01:25 PM
Response to Reply #7

9. Finally they can stop ignoring the world and blame everything on the government

It must have been a hard 8 years...

Another unintentionally funny comment by a primitive:

mainegreen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-13-08 01:09 PM

3. I dont think it's GW that keeps most of us here: it's the concentration of high quality news links.

At least, that's what hooked me.

TexasObserver  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-13-08 01:11 PM

4. are you kidding? Four years of "I told you so" from all his detractors

Every day he will say something that upsets half of DU.

Add all the leftover GOP and GOP sympathizers who will come here to stir up trouble.

Add those plotting to run 2012.

It's gonna be a free for all, unfortunately.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: primitives wonder if Skins's island can survive after 01-20-09
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »
Quote from:
Lex

No matter what's going on, there is always something to be miserable over.  It is, after all, the bane of our existance.

Fixed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

Re: primitives wonder if Skins's island can survive after 01-20-09
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »
Can DU survive the end of George Bush?

Seems to me the common bond of loathing, disliking or hating George Bush was the bond that united all DUers. With his departure can DUers find enough common ground to stay united. We have seen a major fracture in DU unity with the often bitter primaries. Now we continue to see that anger and bitterness linger and even fester.

At least one DUmmie is willing to admit that it is shared hatred that binds them together.  :banghead: