Author Topic: What if Russian hackers were going for the voting machines,...  (Read 3994 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
...not just the email servers?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10028927197

garybeck (8,795 posts)

What if Russian hackers were going for the voting machines, not just the email servers?

If you wanted to affect an election. Would you put all your resources into rehashing an old news story about emails that the public was already aware of and already said "enough with the damn emails!" ? Or would you aim your efforts on something that could actually affect the election directly?

We already know that technically it is possible to hack/rig an election. We've seen it demonstrated and documented many times by the world's most knowledgeable computer security experts.

We are now hearing that a Russian hacker put out a "virus" and his wife said "'The Virus My Husband Allegedly Created Was Related to Trump's Victory." A virus is exactly how the voting machines would be rigged. And no one would know. not the Secretaries of States, not the press, not the local officials. No one would know, unless there were real, robust hand-counted audits on the machines. To my knowledge that did not happen.

IMHO, the election results were so far off from the polling, it can't be explained easily.

One possible explanation has to be rigging. Any objective investigator would have to at least consider this as a possibility.
Of course the hand recounts in the states that had them showed if anything that the votes for Trump were under counted.

Eliot Rosewater (3,067 posts)
1. There is no question in my mind that any republican including

you know who got more votes than any democrat in all those surprise states.

They didnt.

IF it is ever proven with hard evidence, I dont know. There are more of us than them, this did not happen.
Please hold your breath until the results change.

mythology (6,601 posts)
9. So your theory is that somebody wrote a virus that worked

Not only across systems from different vendors, to non-networked systems, managed to match the national polls, and matched to counties in Wisconsin that were hand recounted? Your theory is, to be charitable, farfetched.
^not me^

I predict Garybeck's response will be along the lines of:
"Give me 24-business hours to get some chicken wire and lighter fluid so I can prove I am right" 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

Re: What if Russian hackers were going for the voting machines,...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:12:51 PM »
garybeck (8,795 posts)

What if Russian hackers were going for the voting machines, not just the email servers?

What if Russian hackers were trying to find your brain before the Chines spy satellites find it?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »
Proven that election results can be hacked?  Come on DUmmy, give me a legit link.  Not the garden variety bat shit crazy sites either.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »
This is why lefties hate people shining light into the DUmp.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »
garybeck (8,795 posts)

The voting machines were not kept in the bathroom of a private unsecured residence, unlike the email server you refer to.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
What if Jukin invented a time machine and went back to 1965 and made sweet, sweet love to Racquel Welsh?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »
The Russians, like the MSM, thought Hitlery was going to win.  To the extent they meddled with our election any more than we do with their elections - the typical lies, propaganda, secret intel operations leaking painful truth about the slime running in each country (And we have our worldwide media that's seen everywhere to do our own dirty work so it doesn't look so dirty) - their goal was just to cripple Hitlery, not make Trump the winner.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 07:45:15 PM »

...and what if you Gerber® burping faggots ever bought the slightest clue?

Yeah, right.......... not happening.  Retards.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »
What if Jukin invented a time machine and went back to 1965 and made sweet, sweet love to Racquel Welsh?

Personally, I would take care of the Kennedy they missed, but .............. Okay!   :-)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »
Personally, I would take care of the Kennedy they missed, but .............. Okay!   :-)

Embrace the power of AND brother. With Miss Welsh, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and......
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Online FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIy_KiBpKU[/youtube]
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 07:41:40 PM »
DUmmy "garybeck" used to run this "voter integrity" outfit in VT:

http://www.greenmountaindaily.com/2011/04/26/diebold-voting-machines-in-vermont-should-be-audited/

deadhead with a solar bus, 'nuff said.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »
>IMHO, the election results were so far off from the polling, it can't be explained easily.

Not for simple minded morons like you or anyone that follows the democrat party line of destroying America by infiltration of filth and welfare scum.

You ignorant, moronic, waste of human DNA.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 02:30:07 AM »
mythology (6,601 posts)
9. So your theory is that somebody wrote a virus that worked

Not only across systems from different vendors, to non-networked systems, managed to match the national polls, and matched to counties in Wisconsin that were hand recounted? Your theory is, to be charitable, farfetched.
Don't be silly.  All the hackers needed was some floppy disks.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 02:46:31 AM »
comment 3492:
https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=81827.3475

This is probably my last notification of new material in the vault for a while, as I'm going to be gone.  I encourage those who can get in, to check out the Sandhills forum every so often.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 06:40:37 AM »
garybeck (8,795 posts)
IMHO, the election results were so far off from the polling, it can't be explained easily.

:rotf: I'll explain it in one sentence:

Pollsters lied and Hillary cried.   :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 06:52:53 AM »
Embrace the power of AND brother. With Miss Welsh, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and......

I'm sure I could arrange some ..... spare time.   :whistling:

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 06:57:46 AM »
garybeck (8,795 posts)

Very simply:

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »
>IMHO, the election results were so far off from the polling, it can't be explained easily.

Not for simple minded morons like you or anyone that follows the democrat party line of destroying America by infiltration of filth and welfare scum.

People lied to the pollsters.

Same as Brexit and now, I hear tell, le Pen.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 07:39:03 AM »
Don't be silly.  All the hackers needed was some floppy disks.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 07:53:42 AM »

:hi5: and :rotf: !

We might have a couple of those - and I do know what size they are! - out in the garage somewhere.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »

Objection: Assumes facts not in evidence.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline jukin

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Hillary will never be President
No matter what you do

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 11:49:44 AM »
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Hillary will never be President
No matter what you do

We need a 'liquid spewing' emoticon!  H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 06:53:41 PM »
Eliot Rosewater (3,067 posts)
1. There is no question in my mind that any republican including

you know who got more votes than any democrat in all those surprise states.

They didnt.

IF it is ever proven with hard evidence, I dont know. There are more of us than them, this did not happen.

Really?

Why can't liberal radio be more successful?
Why can't liberal TV "news" outlets be more successful?
Why does DU have to shut down/kick out/ban any dissenting opinion?

Finally, the million dollar question... If they are more of you than us AND since you are so much smarter than us why do you lose so much?

If your answer is "because you cheat" tell me how a group that is both smaller and dumber (us) can keep outwitting a group that is larger and more intelligent (you)? No. Don't answer. I just did the math. I know your answer. 1+1=potato.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.