Author Topic: Obamaite primitives still being paranoid about worthier Democrat candidate  (Read 838 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6606996

Oh my.

Their Hate knows no bounds, the Hate of the Obamaite primitives.

lmbradford  (120 posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:05 AM
Original message

I have a very important question to be answered....

Since Obama asked the full Michigan and Florida delegates to come to the convention, does that mean that H Clinton can actually call for a vote and stage a coup of some sort by counting the delegates that Obama has invited since he got the supposed nomination? Have the last two months just been some sort of sham on the part of the Clintons? I am praying that my suspicions are wrong, but for some reason I can't trust the clintons about this. Does anyone have the answer to this based on actual rules and not speculation?

gateley  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:09 AM
Response to Original message

2. I have another question --

Since Obama wasn't on the ballot in MI, does that mean he wouldn't have any delegates?

This whole thing makes my head hurt.

sandnsea  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:14 AM
Response to Reply #2

5. Delegates can vote for whoever they want

Technically. So the MI delegates can vote for the nominee regardless of the vote in the state, which is what usually happens.

sandnsea  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:10 AM

3. Delegates can vote for whoever they want

Yep, a "coup" is absolutely possible.

sandnsea  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:31 AM
Response to Reply #4

15. Most likely not, but it is possible

If Florida and Michigan delegates get it in their heads that they can right a perceived wrong, and that idea spreads, who knows what will happen.

The magisterial primitive joins the debate, so as to reassure the Obamaite primitives, but the sandy beach Obamaite primitive remains unconvinced, despite his soothing lessons.  (Comments of the magisterial primitive not included; one can deduce them from the other Obamaite primitives comments.)

sandnsea  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:48 AM
Response to Reply #17

19. You're talking pure fantasy and there is a basis in reality for delegates to switch their votes. It is highly unlikely, but it the exact same scenario that kept the primary going on through June. Perhaps some people who realize how stupid the scenario is now, will realize how stupid it was for Hillary to get into millions of dollars of debt and drag the primary out the way she did in the first place.

sandnsea  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-08-08 03:17 AM
Response to Reply #22
24. Same odds as Hillary had to win the primary

She didn't find it stupid in March or April or May. Why should I be required to find it stupid now. Theoretically, she's got the MI & FL delegates she said would give her the win. This is her specter.

I was answering a question and answering it factually. I don't see why you have a problem with facts.

sandnsea  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 03:59 AM
Response to Reply #25

26. Some people will play out the string

Every time I thought Hillary would surely end it, she didn't. So it certainly wouldn't surprise me to find out she was trying to find those extra delegates or move some super delegates. That was always her plan. In today's politics, it seems like everything is overlooked a week after it happens, so I don't think there are too many loyalty issues. This is highly unlikely, but I wouldn't call it unreasonable to admit that it could happen.

goodgd_yall  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:15 AM

6. Yeah, the Clintons are just evil, EVIL I TELL YOU!

lmbradford  (120 posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:22 AM
Response to Reply #6

13. That is just silly...

I don't believe that the Clintons are evil. Those are your words, not mine. I do think that they are very motivated and won't give up if there is an inkling of a chance to win. I think they are determined not evil. I simply want to know what the possibilities are and be prepared. I don't like being ignorant so I want the truth about what could happen. Is that so hard to understand? I like Hillary and I also like Obama. I don't however think that someone should be able to stage some sort of coup at the convention when the primary results in a winner.

eshfemme  (84 posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:20 AM

11. Yes, I'm a little worried about that myself...

MetricSystem  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 02:21 AM

12. Yes, that evil Hillary is FORCING Obama to fully seat the delegates of MI and FL so she can steal the nomination!!!

A-Schwarzenegger  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 04:43 AM

31. Here's the technical, logical, factual, informative answer to your very important question:

One rusty bucket of runny goatshit.

JoFerret  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 06:31 AM

32. Paranoia

Please try to contain it.

polichick  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 06:40 AM

33. If there is a way for the Clintons to change the outcome, they will...

But I don't know if it's possible ~ hopefully Obama is smart enough to know he can't trust them.

PeterU  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-08-08 09:46 AM

36. I have another question....

Why are you trying to stir stuff up for no reason?

The primitives on Skins's island are unusually dull and lethargic today; this was the best I could do.

I really really hope something happens today, to Greatly Discombobulate the primitives, making them more animated.
apres moi, le deluge