Author Topic: deaf primitive looking for computer job  (Read 846 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
deaf primitive looking for computer job
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:55:27 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=213x5008

HawkeyeX  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-24-08 05:56 PM
Original message

Looking for online paid work

We are both deaf and cannot do much, but we can do a lot of online work, including data entry. I already have Excel spreadsheet, high speed Internet, and can work with anything. Please PM me for my e-mail address if you have something. My wife has tons of data entry experience as well as I do, so we are looking to earn some extra money. Resume is avaliable upon request (mine only)

What the **** is this "and cannot do much" bullshit?

In case anyone didn't know, the Iowa Cyclones primitive is the one who always threatens to "get taken down" web-sites "offensive" to the primitives.

JoeIsOneOfUs  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-24-08 05:57 PM
Response to Original message

1. what about medical records entry? I had a friend who did that between jobs. She was actually a lawyer but taking a break from that and it paid the bills OK for a while.

Seems like health care is one industry that has high demand.

Bobbieo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-24-08 05:59 PM

2. Please be aware of the "online businss scams:"out there!!!

Neecy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-25-08 08:34 PM

8. these aren't full-time big money jobs, by any means....

But they'll provide a little extra pocket money.

Amazon MTurk

This is contract work and it varies greatly - the tasks include freelance writing assignments (generally, they pay around $4 for 300-400 words) or from quick verification of photo content. The work is referred to as "HITS" and you can pick and choose what you want to do. There's enough there to keep you interested. They do have quite a bit of data entry HITS.

Some of the truly easy stuff is only a penny, but it adds up fast. I just bought a new laptop after Turking a few hours a day for a couple of months.

Amazon.com owns MTurk and as such it's associated with your Amazon.com account. You can either take payment in Amazon.com credits - I get books and music downloads with it as well - or you can associate a checking account through Amazon Payments and have the money transferred to your checking account.

Just remember, if you do this, to sign up separate accounts for you and your wife. Amazon will shut you down if two people are working on the same account.

Here's the link: http://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

ChaCha Guide

ChaCha is a mobile service that you can text message for directions, weather information, sports trivia, or really anything (and some of the stuff is really odd). Guides from across the country receive the questions, locate the answer, and text back. It's completely free and a great service.

Guides make .20 per search and it's entirely text, so a hearing impairment isn't a problem. It doesn't sound like much but you can whip through a lot of questions in 10 minutes and it adds up fast. Some Guides make pretty good money doing this full time, although you're an independent contractor and have to set aside some of your earnings for taxes and SSI. You have to pass a series of tests before they'll hire you, but the tests are fairly easy. They also have daily contests where you can earn additional money - over the 4th of July weekend, I won $100 in contest cash alone. It's easy and fun. You set your own hours and work as much or as little as you want. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you hooked up and give you some tips for passing the tests. Here's the service if you'd like to check it out (and I hope everyone uses it - it truly is handy).

http://www.chacha.com

Personally, speaking as a deaf person, I think the Iowa Cyclones primitive just wants to sit down all day.
apres moi, le deluge