Author Topic: checking up on my fellow alum's fund-raiser for Barry "Goldwater" Obama  (Read 875 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3442102

The latest:

Skinner  ADMIN  (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-13-08 07:47 AM
Original message

Our goal: $50,000 for Barack Obama ...

One assumes these are cumulative totals.

DONATION TOTALS:
06/12: $3,200 (18 DUers)
06/13: $3,810 (31 DUers)
06/17: $4,412 (42 DUers)
06/18: $5,427 (69 DUers)
06/19: $5,597 (74 DUers)
06/20: $6,075 (86 DUers)
06/21: $9,275 (112 DUers)
06/22: $11,235 (151 DUers)
06/23: $11,580 (163 DUers)

One also reasonably assumes this is circa $11,000 in "pledges" and promises, and circa $500 "in kind," such as what the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive does to get rid of his outdated office supplies.

Anyway.

An announcement--fanfare, trumpets, and flourishing flags, please--from the newest wunderkind on Skins's island:

AsherHeimermann  (22 posts) Thu Jul-24-08 05:35 PM
Response to Original message

37. Comment from Asher Heimermann

I would make a donation but because of my age, I can't. But, I did raise over $3,000 on my personal fundraising page in six months.

One wonders how long this is going to last; it doesn't look as if my fellow alum Skins has checked this bonfire lately (given that the last donations listed are from more than a month ago), but I bet when he sees it, this is gone:

Cartaphelius  (2 posts) Mon Jul-28-08 10:37 PM
Response to Original message

40. Not on a dare...

To those of you "sheeple" who are considering donating to ANY politician you are just pissing away your hard-earned money in an attempt to change something that will not change.

Please understand that I am not anti-Obama. Hardly. But until such time as accountability in our Senate and Congress ("impeachment is off the table", indeed)is realized, all the partisan bickering we are and have witnessed only serves to distract us all from what is the real problem.

No matter how much you might want to deny it, we are all for sale. Just like Obama, Mc Clown, Pukelosie and Conned-yer-ass, just name a very few, we will say and do whatever our handler(s) directs us to, right Scott McClellan? Scooter Libby? If you don't believe that, go look in the mirror and ask your self the tough questions...

Go ahead.

I dare ya..

Better still, reflect on what has transpired over the last eight years and how little of the truth is communicated to us through the media.. Got it? Now compare these abuses to the ones visited on the people of Germany in the 1930's.. Striking resemblance isn't it?

Realize that the idiot sitting in the White House no mare makes "policy" than you or I. I say idiot, but the truth is much more disturbing. As proof, I would ask you to visit You Tube and search for Georgie boy for pre-presidential speeches. Notice how articulate he really is...scary. He isn't a red-neck-goober he pretends to be. What does that mean?

The bottom is that he, like 99% of our "poli-ticks" spend the money they steal from our paychecks, by fiat, like drunken sailors on liberty resulting in an economy, which for the majority of their constituents, is in the proverbial the toilet year after year.

Further, just in case they weren't able to fleece the taxpayers sufficiently with existing legislation, either they will write additional legislation or they receive money from Big Business and lobbyist, who are then encouraged and allowed to create the necessary legislation, then support the theft.

The bottom line folks, it isn't these puppets we need worry about but the their masters...the Bankers. Remember the Golden Rule? He who has the gold rules.. If you don't believe that, walk into your bosses office and tell him what you really think regarding all the down-sizing, out-sourcing and the lack of appreciation in any form.

It all comes down to money. Shocked? You shouldn't be. It is reality.

Do you have the money to make policy? Until then consider all the crap the media and Washington feeds as for what it is...a magicians trick. No more, nothing less. It is called mis-direction. Just like the pickpocket on the subway with the "bump and grab", they powers that be insure their position and status by insisting that we kill each other for whatever reason that will work... Black? Gay? Muslim? Christian? Rich? Take your pick.. They all have worked, repeatedly and will continue to do so until we all get the message...

Zeitgeist!

Oh my.  Oy.
apres moi, le deluge