Author Topic: What percentage of the world's 1.6 billion Muslim population "is bound by the entire Islamic doctrine?"  (Read 16990 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
I was born in Michigan (1947), and I've lived in southern California for more than 60 years, Hoosier.
Tell the truth, you're not really very comfortable in this forum, right ? You don't sense that you are a good fit for this forum, right ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
I was born in Michigan (1947), and I've lived in southern California for more than 60 years, Hoosier.

And we'll believe that when pigs fly.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
Tell the truth, you're not really very comfortable in this forum, right ? You don't sense that you are a good fit for this forum, right ?
You're right.
I don't feel as comfortable on CC as I do on other boards.
I'm not so sure about the "good fit", however.
(Look at the number of replies column on the first page of "Terrorism In the US and Around the World"
Diversity of opinion can be far more useful to all of us than preaching to the choir.
It's pretty clear to me I wouldn't survive five minutes in the same room with many of the regulars here if we discussed politics or religion.
The internet changes that fit completely, IMHO, and I'm even more uncomfortable with missing the chance to communicate regularly with  those who've had life experiences I will never know.
Let's draw a line in the sand and set a deadline for my posting on CC.
When the deadline arrives, I'll go or stay based on majority rule.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm only here because I got a two week ban from another board for saying something really chicken-shit to a pair of combat vets (I called them shit stains on the fabric of freedom)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm only here because I got a two week ban from another board for saying something really chicken-shit to a pair of combat vets (I called them shit stains on the fabric of freedom)

And continued it here with the Male Bovine Excrement you continually spew.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
You're right.
(Look at the number of replies column on the first page of "Terrorism In the US and Around the World"
Diversity of opinion can be far more useful to all of us than preaching to the choir.
It's pretty clear to me I wouldn't survive five minutes in the same room with many of the regulars here if we discussed politics or religion.
The internet changes that fit completely, IMHO, and I'm even more uncomfortable with missing the chance to communicate regularly with  those who've had life experiences I will never know.
Let's draw a line in the sand and set a deadline for my posting on CC.
When the deadline arrives, I'll go or stay based on majority rule.

Quite frankly you anti-semitism creeps me out so much I don't think you stand much of a chance.

I have advise I could give you but I don't really want you hanging around.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Better late than never.
Why don't you list my single most glaring utter failure in addressing Ody' post, and I'll try to enlighten you?

Why should I repeat what Ody has already said?

Do your own homework, hon.  :-*
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

If what you say is true, I'm ashamed that we both hail from the same state. You give Michiganders a bad name.

But then again, you allegedly have lived in the Land of Fruits and Nuts for so long you wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit you in the balls.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

So you admittedly state that you said something "chicken-shit" to a pair of combat vets?

And then you waltz into a site like this and spread more of your bigoted filth around?

Tell me, O Great Wun of Unimaginable Intellect, why would you do that?

You do know, of course, what the definition of "insanity" is, right?

How long have you been a certifiable wacko? Have you gotten medical care yet? If not, do you intend to? More importantly, who is going to pay for your mental health care?

Please don't tell me you're on welfare.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
You're right.

I'm not so sure that you're a "good fit" here, either. I WILL say this; you disrespect our Veterans here and it WON'T be a "two week ban"!  :hammer: :hammer:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
You're right.

Hmm, you hate Jews, are a stupid ****ing Prog, are anti-semitic, don't seem to have a problem with Communism, think there is no such thing as American exceptionalism, and, in general, hate the country that affords you the right to spew such bullshit.

Yeah, I have no CLUE why you don't feel comfortable here.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

You think you got it bad at whatever other board you came from for disrespecting combat veterans like myself....try that shit here you Jew hating f*cknut...you'll WISH you were back on the other board you crawled away from.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Better late than never.
Why don't you list my single most glaring utter failure in addressing Ody' post, and I'll try to enlighten you?

Ummm...how about ALL of your response.  You're whole response was canned cut and paste fail.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
A college newspaper?
What's your problem, moron, too many big words?

Moron?  Aww are you upset that I insulted your fellow Communist?

FYI Fred Branfman is also an eyewitness to war crimes, not that racist tools like you would care

So he says.  But given the penchant for Liberals fabricating things out of whole cloth...it's highly suspect that he really did.

Racist tool?  That's rich.  I'm not the one coming in here stinking up the joint with anti-Semetic bullish*t.

The only racist tool here is you.  They need to stamp Craftsman on your forehead.

Offline Mr Mannn

I'm not so sure that you're a "good fit" here, either. I WILL say this; you disrespect our Veterans here and it WON'T be a "two week ban"!  :hammer: :hammer:
Hmm, you hate Jews, are a stupid ****ing Prog, are anti-semitic, don't seem to have a problem with Communism, think there is no such thing as American exceptionalism, and, in general, hate the country that affords you the right to spew such bullshit.

Yeah, I have no CLUE why you don't feel comfortable here.  :whatever:

Why wait? Lets make it official. Georgie burned out his short fuse long ago.
He will only return to spew more filth.

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
The same UN that had the Sudan on it's Human Right's Commission and Iran on the disarmament committee? **** the UN, clown. They have absolutely ZERO ****ing power, as it should be. They're nothing but a country club for despots and dictators with no moral ground to stand on.

Sudan and Iran don't have much to say about the UNSC, however.

"Issues relating to the State of Israel, the State of Palestine and other aspects of the Arab–Israeli conflict occupy repeated annual debate times, resolutions and resources at the United Nations. Since its founding in 1948, the United Nations Security Council, as of January 2010, has adopted 79 resolutions directly critical of Israel for violations of U.N. Security Council resolutions, the U.N. Charter, the Geneva Conventions, international terrorism, or other violations of international law."

Malign the UN all you want, but Israel doesn't exist today as a Jewish state without its blessing.

"The adoption on November 29, 1947 by the United Nations General Assembly of a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of a plan of partition of Palestine was one of the earliest acts of the United Nations..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel,_Palestine,_and_the_United_Nations

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Since its founding in 1948, the United Nations Security Council, as of January 2010, has adopted 79 resolutions directly critical of Israel for violations of U.N. Security Council resolutions, the U.N. Charter, the Geneva Conventions, international terrorism, or other violations of international law."

Every time Hezbollah or hamas or the PLO fires rockets into Israel and the IDF retaliates...some Arab nation files a complaint with the SC.

Every time an Arab nation attacks israel and they fight back...some Arab nation files a complaint with the SC.

Israel builds a security fence as it's legally allowed to do...some Arab nation files a complaint with the SC.

And if you look at a laundry list of the "violations" they are quite silly.  They range from what I mentioned above to complaining about:

Apr 27, 68): Called on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem.

Res. 251 (May 2, 68): Deeply deplored Israel's military parade in Jerusalem and declared invalid
Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as its capital.

They are specious claims and complaints ment to gum up the system.

Even you should be smart enough to see the pattern here.  Or is your hatred that blinding?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:14:52 AM by txradioguy »

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
I'm sure the South Koreans are all upset about us helping them.  :whatever:

As for the people in Kandahar, I guess that shows them they shouldn't be harboring ****ing terrorists who declare war on America. Action = Reaction.

South Korea is a long way from Israel; however, there were a few North Korean Nuclear nerds killed when the IAF blew up Syria's nuclear reactor in 2007.

After WWII many Koreans (and Vietnamese) felt no need for US "help" in establishing their democracies:

"Lyuh Woon-hyung (May 25, 1886 – July 19, 1947) was a Korean politician who argued that Korean independence was essential to world peace, and a reunification activist who struggled for the independent reunification of Korea since its national division in 1945.

"He is rare among politicians in modern Korean history in that he is revered in both South and North Korea."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeo_Un-hyeong

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
South Korea is a long way from Israel; however, there were a few North Korean Nuclear nerds killed when the IAF blew up Syria's nuclear reactor in 2007.

They shouldn't have bee there trying to help a thuggis regime get nukes.

After WWII many Koreans (and Vietnamese) felt no need for US "help" in establishing their democracies:

And they turned to Russia and China.  Hence the communist regimes of North Korea and North Vietnam.

"Lyuh Woon-hyung (May 25, 1886 – July 19, 1947) was a Korean politician who argued that Korean independence was essential to world peace, and a reunification activist who struggled for the independent reunification of Korea since its national division in 1945.

I've been to the reunification building on the DMZ.  ROK money built it for both sides to use.  N. Korea refuses to even meet there.  Won't even let families split by the war reunite there.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Until the Jews began returning to the Land of Israel in increasing numbers from the late 19th century to the turn of the 20th, the area called Palestine was a deserted waste land that belonged to the Ottoman Empire, based in Turkey.

'Palestinianism' in and of itself lacks any substance of its own. Arab society on the West Bank and Gaza suffer from a deep social cleavage created by a host of rivalries based on divergent geographic, historical, sociological and familial allegiances.

What glues Palestinians together is a carefully nurtured hatred of Israel and the rejection of Jewish nationhood.

“All [that Palestinians] can agree on as a community is what they want to destroy, not what they want to build.”1 New York Times Columnist Thomas Friedman

The Palestinians’ claim that they are an ancient and indigenous people fails to stand up to historic scrutiny. Most Palestinian Arabs were newcomers to British Mandate Palestine. Until the 1967 Six-Day War made it expedient for Arabs to create a Palestinian peoplehood, local Arabs simply considered themselves part of the ‘great Arab nation’ or ‘southern Syrians.’

There is no age-old Palestinian people. Most so-called Palestinians are relative newcomers to The Land of Israel.

Palestinian Arabs cast themselves as a native people in “Palestine” – like the Aborigines in Australia or Native Americans in America. They portray the Jews as European imperialists and colonizers. This is simply untrue.

Until the Jews began returning to the Land of Israel in increasing numbers from the late 19th century to the turn of the 20th, the area called Palestine was a God- forsaken backwash that belonged to the Ottoman Empire, based in Turkey.

The land’s fragile ecology had been laid waste in the wake of the Arabs’ 7th- century conquest. In 1799, the population was at it lowest and estimated to be no more than 250,000 to 300,000 inhabitants in all the land.

At the turn of the 20th century, the Arab population west of the Jordan River (today, Israel and the West Bank) was about half a million inhabitants and east of the Jordan River perhaps 200,000.3

The collapse of the agricultural system with the influx of nomadic tribes after the Arab conquest that created malarial swamps and denuded the ancient terrace system eroding the soil, was coupled by a tyrannous regime, a crippling tax system and absentee landowners that further decimated the population. Much of the indigenous population had long since migrated or disappeared. Very few Jews or Arabs lived in the region before the arrival of the first Zionists in the 1880s and most of those that did lived in abject poverty.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/12/debunking-the-biggest-lie-palestinian-.html

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
They shouldn't have bee there trying to help a thuggis regime get nukes.

And they turned to Russia and China.  Hence the communist regimes of North Korea and North Vietnam.

I've been to the reunification building on the DMZ.  ROK money built it for both sides to use.  N. Korea refuses to even meet there.  Won't even let families split by the war reunite there.

I'm not saying North Korean elites are the good guys today. I am saying it's worth asking why Koreans who collaborated with the Japanese occupation of their homeland were being hunted down and exterminated in North Korea in 1945 while those who collaborated south of the 38th parallel were being offered jobs in the police and military forces.

This is from Lyuh's People's Republic of Korea Manifesto put forth a month after US forces landed at Inchon:

"The program of the PRK was presented in its September 14 twenty-seven point program.

"The program included: 'the confiscation without compensation of lands held by the Japanese and collaborators; free distribution of that land to the peasants; rent limits on the nonredistributed land; nationalization of such major industries as mining, transportation, banking, and communication; state supervision of small and mid-sized companies; …guaranteed basic human rights and freedoms, including those of speech, press, assembly, and faith;

"universal suffrage to adults over the age of eighteen; equality for women; labor law reforms including an eight-hour day, a minimum wage, and prohibition of child labor; and "establishment of close relations with the United States, USSR, England, and China, and positive opposition to any foreign influences interfering with the domestic affairs of the state."

Do you see anything objectionable in those goals?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Republic_of_Korea#Program

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
I'm not saying North Korean elites are the good guys today. I am saying it's worth asking why Koreans who collaborated with the Japanese occupation of their homeland were being hunted down and exterminated in North Korea in 1945 while those who collaborated south of the 38th parallel were being offered jobs in the police and military forces.

Link?

This is from Lyuh's People's Republic of Korea Manifesto put forth a month after US forces landed at Inchon:

"The program of the PRK was presented in its September 14 twenty-seven point program.

"The program included: 'the confiscation without compensation of lands held by the Japanese and collaborators; free distribution of that land to the peasants; rent limits on the nonredistributed land; nationalization of such major industries as mining, transportation, banking, and communication; state supervision of small and mid-sized companies; …guaranteed basic human rights and freedoms, including those of speech, press, assembly, and faith;

"universal suffrage to adults over the age of eighteen; equality for women; labor law reforms including an eight-hour day, a minimum wage, and prohibition of child labor; and "establishment of close relations with the United States, USSR, England, and China, and positive opposition to any foreign influences interfering with the domestic affairs of the state."

Do you see anything objectionable in those goals?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Republic_of_Korea#Program

Those goals would be fine if thre was any truth to them.  All you have to do is look at North Korea today to see that what they were proposing was a blatant lie.

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
Link?

Those goals would be fine if thre was any truth to them.  All you have to do is look at North Korea today to see that what they were proposing was a blatant lie.
When I look at North Korea today I see the result of the US prohibiting all Koreans the right of self-determination in 1945 in exactly the same way the UN denied Jews and Arabs the same opportunity in 1948. What part of one person/one vote scares you the most?

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
Every time Hezbollah or hamas or the PLO fires rockets into Israel and the IDF retaliates...some Arab nation files a complaint with the SC.

Every time an Arab nation attacks israel and they fight back...some Arab nation files a complaint with the SC.

Israel builds a security fence as it's legally allowed to do...some Arab nation files a complaint with the SC.

And if you look at a laundry list of the "violations" they are quite silly.  They range from what I mentioned above to complaining about:

Apr 27, 68): Called on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem.

Res. 251 (May 2, 68): Deeply deplored Israel's military parade in Jerusalem and declared invalid
Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as its capital.

They are specious claims and complaints ment to gum up the system.

Even you should be smart enough to see the pattern here.  Or is your hatred that blinding?
Between March 1948 and Jaunuary 2009 the UNSC issued 224 Resolutions concerning/condemning Israel's treatment of Palestinians. Are you smart enough to spot the specious claim/complaints?

"The Palestine Question (11 Aug 1949)
Resolution 89 (17 November 1950): regarding Armistice in 1948 Arab-Israeli War and "transfer of persons".
Resolution 92: The Palestine Question (8 May 1951)
Resolution 93: The Palestine Question (18 May 1951)
Resolution 95: The Palestine Question (1 Sep 1951)
Resolution 100: The Palestine Question (27 Oct 1953)
Resolution 101: The Palestine Question (24 Nov 1953)
Resolution 106: The Palestine Question (29 Mar 1955) 'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid.
Resolution 107: The Palestine Question (30 March)
Resolution 108: The Palestine Question (8 September)
Resolution 111: The Palestine Question (January 19, 1956) " ... 'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people".
Resolution 113: The Palestine Question (4 April)
Resolution 114: The Palestine Question (4 June)
Resolution 127: The Palestine Question (January 22, 1958) " ... 'recommends' Israel suspends its 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem".
Resolution 138: (June 23, 1960) Question relating to the case of Israel's capture of Adolf Eichmann, concerning Argentina's complaint that Israel breached its sovereignty.
Resolution 162: The Palestine Question (April 11, 1961) " ... 'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions".
Resolution 171: The Palestine Question (April 9, 1962) " ... determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel#United_Nations_Security_Council_resolutions

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
Malign the UN all you want, but Israel doesn't exist today as a Jewish state without its blessing.

Dafuq kind of retard talk is this? Is the UN going to send their army to destroy Israel if they get out of line or something? Good ****ing luck, Prog. The UN has no ****ing bearing on Israel's existence.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator

We helped one side, they're now a democracy. We fought against the other, they're a Communist dictatorship. Logic isn't your strong suit, is it, moonbat? On Vietnam, due to you ****ing Progs in the States, we finally pulled out of Vietnam, but we brought thousands of Vietnamese with us and they're now living successful lives around the country, many in Fayetteville, NC. Hey, why don't you go to Fayetteville and start spewing your bullshit to them about how well they'd be had they stayed in Vietnam when we left, ****er?