Author Topic: DebK's Jack & Coke Ham Glaze  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
DebK's Jack & Coke Ham Glaze
« on: December 23, 2010, 05:02:30 AM »
Jack and Coke glaze....Bou - I don't measure, so you will kind of have to wing it.

In a saucepan....

1 regular size pop can of Coke
the glaze packet attached to the spiral ham ( I get mine at Sam's - got a 9+lb bone in today for $21.00)
about 3/4c. light brown sugar
couple of squirts of spicy mustard (I use Gulden's)
about 1/4c maple syrup (the real thing, not the Aunt Jemima, Log Cabin, Mrs Butterworths)
about 1/4c Jack Daniels
dash of ground clove

bring to a boil, making sure not to burn it! but you want the sugar crystals all dissolved.

I put the ham in one of those baking bags. I have one of those roasting ovens that will hold a whole turkey..I put the bagged ham in it, then pour the glaze over the whole thing, tie the bag, tight.

I bake it on 325 for about 40 minutes, then cut the heat back to 225, for about 3-4 hours. I leave it in the bag to sit overnight in the refridgerator. The ham just absorbs the juices into the slices. I take it out of fridge, leaving in the bag, about an hour or so before serving to get to room temperature.

This will not have the crusty glaze on it like a Honey Baked Ham, but it's pretty damn good!!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: DebK's Jack & Coke Ham Glaze
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 01:07:37 PM »
Oh hell, I looked at the title and went............. :naughty:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.