Author Topic: Lemon-Lime Artichoke Chicken  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
Lemon-Lime Artichoke Chicken
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
DENISE’S LEMON-LIME ARTICHOKE CHICKEN

2 – Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cups or 1 can– Artichoke Hearts – chopped into chunks
1 can – Mushrooms – sliced or chopped
1 small - Red Onion - chopped
4 or 5 cloves – Garlic - chopped
1 cup – Chicken Broth
½ cup – Sherry or White Wine
¼ cup minimum - Lemon Juice
1 - Lime
Butter or Margarine
Olive Oil
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
1 cup – Basil Leaves (if fresh) (about 2 or 3 Tablespoons if dried)
½ cup – Parsley (if fresh) (1 teaspoon if dried)
1 tsp - fresh chopped Chives, (1/4 tsp if dried)
Few Spring of fresh Rosemary – Diced (if dried is used, about a tsp.)
Angel Hair Pasta

Finely chop fresh Herbs (Basil, Parsley & Chives), mix together and set aside

Chop Garlic and Red Onion, mix together and set aside

Chicken – Lay chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper.  Pound chicken until thin, maybe about 1/8” thick.  Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and oregano.  Sprinkle a little flour onto both sides.

In a large skillet, heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom over medium heat.  Once oil is hot enough (so chicken doesn’t just soak up oil) place chicken breasts in oil and saute until lightly browned.  Remove chicken from pan and set aside.

In same skillet, add a little butter to the olive oil.  Saute the onions and garlic until onion starts to soften.  Add mushrooms and saute until warm.  Add chicken broth and sherry to pan.  Pour in a small amount of lemon juice (maybe about 2 tablespoons).  Stir in fresh herbs.  Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes stirring.  Sprinkle a little flour over sauce and whisk in to thicken a little then add chicken back to pan and squeeze ½ of the lime over the top.  Simmer for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.  Taste broth and add more lemon juice if needed.  Add artichoke hearts and continue to simmer on low/med.

At this point, bring pot of water to a boil for the pasta and fix the pasta.

When pasta is finished, place it on the plates, lay chicken breast on top of pasta and spoon sauce over all of it and squeeze the other half of the lime over it.
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!