Author Topic: Yay, the Covid pandemic is over.  (Read 342 times)

Offline CC27

Yay, the Covid pandemic is over.
« on: October 29, 2021, 07:44:32 AM »
gab13by13 (5,077 posts)

I mean, we are getting people vaccinated. I hear on TV that we have turned the corner that kids getting vaccinated will be a game changer. My church doesn't require masks, only 3 or 4 people wear them, not counting me. Yippie I O Ky aye mother ****er.

So I go to the Covid tracker site and find out that around 1,5000 Americans are dying every day from Covid and I say to self, this must be wrong. I see that infections and deaths have dropped a little but I think back when 1,500 people a day were dying we were shutting down businesses and writing our last will and testament. We didn't have fans in the stands at sporting events, now the stands are full again.

WTF would our death toll be if we weren't vaccinated? It appears to me that I am in the minority, I don't believe that 1,500 Americans dying every day is acceptable. (with people being vaccinated) I went to watch my 8 year old grandson 4 weeks ago. The nurse at his school called and told me that my grandson had a fever and a headache so I went and picked him up and had him tested for Covid. His parents had come home 2 days later so I went home. My grandson tested positive, his parents tested positive and they wanted me to watch him again in 10 days so I got tested. I tested negative but I took the rapid test because I needed to know the results before I travelled to my grandson's. Grandson got better in like 3 days, went through his quarantine and went back to school. I felt shitty, nothing serious, but a tickle cough and tired and worn out. Only within the past week have I started to feel normal again.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I feel this cavalier attitude that is out there is wrong. This bs about kids losing their freedom because they have to wear masks in school drives me up a wall. My grandson got Covid and his school wears masks.

Rant off sorry. Just wanted to remind people that Covid is still out there.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215994183

Covid will ALWAYS be out there DUmmie. Stay inside forever.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Yay, the Covid pandemic is over.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 08:23:20 AM »
gab13by13 (5,077 posts)

Yay, the Covid pandemic is over...

What's the fatality rate on the Wuhan flu, DUmbass? (0.6%, for the DUmpMonkies from Rio Linda.)

Oh, and not EVERYBODY is getting the jab, cupcake. I, for one don't let anybody inject unknown foreign material into my body.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 08:29:35 AM »

It could always opt to kill itself.  No chance for catching or spreading the ChinaFlu then.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 08:29:57 AM »
There is no chance of ever completely eradicating the Chinese Wuhan Virus, there is no COVID-zero point.  At some point, people (liberals) have to realize that and just calm the f*ck down and let us live our lives.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:03 AM »
There is no chance of ever completely eradicating the Chinese Wuhan Virus, there is no COVID-zero point.  At some point, people (liberals) have to realize that and just calm the f*ck down and let us live our lives.

You and I both know that this is completely outside their busybody nature, and therefore beyond their capability my friend.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 08:37:06 AM »
It could always opt to kill itself.  No chance for catching or spreading the ChinaFlu then.

:popcorn:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 08:41:30 AM »
gab13by13 (5,077 posts)

I mean, we are getting people vaccinated. I hear on TV that we have turned the corner that kids getting vaccinated will be a game changer. My church doesn't require masks, only 3 or 4 people wear them, not counting me. Yippie I O Ky aye mother ****er.

So I go to the Covid tracker site and find out that around 1,5000 Americans are dying every day from Covid and I say to self, this must be wrong. I see that infections and deaths have dropped a little but I think back when 1,500 people a day were dying we were shutting down businesses and writing our last will and testament. We didn't have fans in the stands at sporting events, now the stands are full again.

1. Having some experience in writing occasional scarcasm in I'net discussion forums, I'd say that was weak and unfocused.

2. Cute stereotype of churches, but don't try it among actual Evangelicals. Reality is more mixed, as usual.

3. You knew this was coming, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ .

New cases: current Daily New Cases are ~60% lower than the surge peak two months ago; that end of August surge peak was ~35% lower than the January 8th winter surge peak. "(I)nfections ... have dropped a little" is either ignorance or intentional falsehood. Probably both.

Daily deaths: similarly, Daily Deaths are also ~40% lower than the mid-September peak; that mid-September peak is >41% lower than the January 12th winter surge peak. "(D)eaths have dropped a little" is either ignorance or intentional falsehood. Probably both.

Had LIEden populated his Covid Team with actual science people plus people experienced in production and logistics - like Trump largely did - they would have, from before the Inauguration, been working on measures that would have re-opened the US economy, including practical measures that would mitigate risk. Instead, LIEden chose a bunch of "public health" regulocats with minimal science or industry/logistics background. He chose elitists who regard "business" and "practical" as four-letter epithets and normal people as stupid sub-humans.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 09:22:06 AM »
and it will always spike to extremely dangerous levels every 2 years which happen to coincide with an election year.....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 11:57:43 AM »
and it will always spike to extremely dangerous levels every 2 years which happen to coincide with an election year.....

Lib politicians and 99% of the mass news media have instilled fear in a huge portion of really weak people.   And they were already weak and fearful of everything.  Sort of makes you wonder how their everyday risk assessment was before the Chinese unleashed this madness on the world.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender