Author Topic: Troubleshoot your Remote Control!  (Read 2612 times)

Offline namvet

Troubleshoot your Remote Control!
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »
here's a fast and easy way to tell if it works or not. I tried this and it does indeed work. make sure the batteries are good. if it still does not work all you need is a digital camera. turn the camera LCD on. point the remote at the camera lenses. push any button on the remote. if it works you will see the LED on the remote light up on the camera LCD. its good. no light its bad.

mods: if this belongs in a diff forum move it

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Troubleshoot your Remote Control!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:49:08 AM »
I used to have a little card to test fiber optic transmission units for light. That worked well for testing remotes, too.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline namvet

Re: Troubleshoot your Remote Control!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:20 AM »
I used to have a little card to test fiber optic transmission units for light. That worked well for testing remotes, too.

the company gave us them. but we already had a battery operated IR receiver. on the back was a pin to connect a scope to see if it was sending the binary code

the cards are still available thru MCM electronics

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY