Author Topic: 2010 Primary Election Results  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
2010 Primary Election Results
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »
Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak defeated Sen. Arlen Specter in the Democratic Senate primary, a large-scale political upset that ends the career of one of the enduring figures in Pennsylvania politics.

In other Pennsylvania news, former Congressional aide Mark Critz (D) soundly defeated businessman Tim Burns (R) in a special election in a southwestern Pennsylvania House race to replace his late boss -- Rep. Jack Murtha (D) -- a race that had drawn considerable national attention from both parties.

Across the country, ophthalmologist Rand Paul soundly defeated Secretary of State Trey Grayson to claim the Republican Senate nomination in Kentucky while state Attorney General Jack Conway claimed the Democratic nod. In Arkansas, Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D) and Lt. Gov. Bill Halter will face each other in a June 8 runoff after the incumbent failed to break 50 percent tonight. On the Republican side, Rep. John Boozman was running very close to the 50 percent mark, keeping the possibility alive that he would bypass a runoff despite a crowded GOP field.

Sestak will move onto face former Rep. Pat Toomey (R) in the general election. Toomey said that he and Sestak have "clearly very different approaches to our view on public policy."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100518/ap_on_el_ge/us_primary_rdp
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: 2010 Primary Election Results
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 10:22:54 PM »
I'm tired of hearing of low turn-out during elections, just because it's raining people stay home? give me a break, what the heck is it going to take to get Americans off their butts? we have high unemployment, a crappy economy and terrorism is rearing it's head again.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak defeated Sen. Arlen Specter in the Democratic Senate primary, a large-scale political upset that ends the career of one of the enduring figures in Pennsylvania politics.

This was an upset?  The Dems have been pounding Specter ever since he became a complete turn-coat and switched parties.

Toomey had better kick Sestak's ass this November.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »
There were more poll workers than voters when I was out this afternoon.  It was around 4pm, so most people were probably still at work.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »
I'm tired of hearing of low turn-out during elections, just because it's raining people stay home? give me a break, what the heck is it going to take to get Americans off their butts? we have high unemployment, a crappy economy and terrorism is rearing it's head again.

Whenever someone starts bitching to me about what politicians did/didn't do, the first thing I ask is "Do you vote?"  My rule: No vote, no bitch.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 04:12:00 AM »
I'm disappointed I won't get the chance to vote Specter out of office; the Dems did it for me.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »
Go Pat Toomey!!  I think it's going to be a nasty fight -- Sestak is a huge jerk.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 10:18:57 AM »
I worry about Rand Paul's chances in Kentucky. One Dem on Fox this morning was already talking about his dad's views and voting records.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »
Whenever someone starts bitching to me about what politicians did/didn't do, the first thing I ask is "Do you vote?"  My rule: No vote, no bitch.

I've got a somewhat different opinion, perhaps, but from my own POV, people who don't have a clear enough idea to figure out whether to vote or not just shouldn't.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
I've got a somewhat different opinion, perhaps, but from my own POV, people who don't have a clear enough idea to figure out whether to vote or not just shouldn't.

I don't like the ones that vote, but have no idea of the policies of the  the person they're voting for .

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
In that special election to replace Murtha, was it just to determine who would finish his term, and the seat is back up for election in November?  Or is it considered to be filled til 2012?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
In that special election to replace Murtha, was it just to determine who would finish his term, and the seat is back up for election in November?  Or is it considered to be filled til 2012?

Just 'til November, as I gather from today's news coverage on it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »
Just 'til November, as I gather from today's news coverage on it.

Yes, that's true.  It was just a special election to fill the rest of Murtha's term, which expires in November.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender