Author Topic: Attacking Obama In IL  (Read 1603 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Attacking Obama In IL
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »

Posted by Josh Kraushaar

President Barack Obama is playing a starring role in an Illinois campaign advertisement — but in a Republican attack ad against a GOP gubernatorial candidate who endorsed him in the 2008 presidential campaign.

Republican Andy McKenna is up with a devastating ad against state Sen. Kirk Dillard, featuring footage of Dillard’s glowing testimonial of Obama — comments broadcast in the president’s 2007 campaign ad before the Iowa caucuses.

As Dillard is shown praising Obama’s bipartisan background, the children’s song "The More We Get Together” plays in the background.

“Republican Kirk Dillard supported Barack Obama for President. On TV,” the ad shows on the screen.

snip

It’s a sign of how far President Obama has fallen since last year’s Inauguration, when even Republicans hesitated to criticize the president — and certainly not in his home state of Illinois. For much of 2009, leading Republican candidates were hesitant to use Obama in commercials, fearing any attacks on the president could backfire later.

But as Florida Gov. Charlie Crist demonstrated, past praise of Obama can be fatal in a Republican primary. Crist saw his popularity among Republicans plummet after he hugged Obama during a presidential trip to promote the stimulus.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0110/Attacking_Obama_in_Illinois.html

Hell yeah!  Put that Kenyan millstone around the necks of the RINO shitbags that told us we had to "moderate" and help this "historic" President succeed.

**** you, RINOs (especially you, General Powell), and your "moderation".
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline thundley4

Re: Attacking Obama In IL
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:22:02 AM »
Unfortunately, Lord Zero is still popular with his base in Illinois, so I'm not sure this will work.  The Dems do have a tough problem in Illinois because of Rod Blagojevich , so this might push some Dems to Dillard. McKenna is running on cutting spending and not raising taxes which I'm all for.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »
Unfortunately, Lord Zero is still popular with his base in Illinois, so I'm not sure this will work.  The Dems do have a tough problem in Illinois because of Rod Blagojevich , so this might push some Dems to Dillard. McKenna is running on cutting spending and not raising taxes which I'm all for.

I'm beginning to think that his "base" (Crook County) may actually get overwhelmed by the rest of the state come election time.  Just a thought.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »
I'm beginning to think that his "base" (Crook County) may actually get overwhelmed by the rest of the state come election time.  Just a thought.

I hope so.