Author Topic: APNewsBreak: AP sources: Obama to Massachusetts  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
APNewsBreak: AP sources: Obama to Massachusetts
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
And we're off!

BOSTON (AP) - His health care bill at stake, President Barack Obama plans a trip to Massachusetts to campaign for endangered Senate Democratic candidate Martha Coakley amid release of a poll showing an edge for the Republican Party in the race to fill a Senate seat Democrats have held for over a half-century.

Snip ...

Because they simply CAN'T lose that seat!  Doesn't he have better things to be doing?  I guess he hates brown people .... no pun intended.  Shouldn't he be in Haiti?  Where's the love?!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: APNewsBreak: AP sources: Obama to Massachusetts
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »
Wow, he has to do an 11th hour patchwork job in the bluest of the blue states. They are on their heels, folks.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
They keep saying Brown will kill the HC bill and it looks like the more they say it the more people are saying "Hell YEAH!"

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »
This ought to be the kiss of death for the Coakley run.  Of course, given the level of craziness in Massholistan, it probably means that Kennedy(no relation) is a shoe-in for the Senate seat.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
I just hope Deval Patrick joins them.  Nice photo op for the campaign obituary. 

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »
LOL.
He thinks people are going to tune out of the NFL playoffs to listen to his schtick for the 10000th time?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »
This has got to scare the shit out of the blue dog's.   :-)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »
This has got to scare the shit out of the blue dog's.   :-)

You mean the ones who've sat that fence for so long that they are now caught squarely in the sights of their constituencies (who won't hesitate to vote them unemployed if they vote in favor of ØbamaCareTM) and the moonbats running The Party (who'll make them wish they were unemployed if they don't)?  Those blue-dogs?

meh. I can't keep 'em all from driving the country off the cliff.  At least I can enjoy the show.  :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
Obama choosing to show up to perform a last minute revival on Coakley as if he is Dr. House after an epiphany has caused Brown supporters to dig their heels in.

There is also a new campaign set off by Brown supporters to bring five others to the polls, to offset the presumed cheating that is going to occur on top of the cheating that is occurring right now.

Nearly every government computer system and telephone is getting used to solicit for Coakley.
Coakley banners are going up on public property to circumvent local ordinances.
SEIU thugs are already taking over entire corners without permission, and without allowing any other campaign's supporters

And who, by chance, is the person responsible for prosecuting these acts ? The Attorney General, Martha Coakley.  :whatever:

Back to Obama -

What can he do ? He couldn't sell out a Deval Patrick fundraiser, and they needed to give tickets away to create the illusion of support. The races he showed up to last year really turned out well for the Democrats, didn't they ? There is one thing he may try though, that could either result in energizing his base, or exploding Coakley in the process...

The Race Card...

If Obama (on the eve of MLK day) tries to sell (paraphrase) "Don't let whitey take your ponies away !" it will have an effect - what kind is impossible to say. - I'm hoping that Obama has more class than that and doesn't stoop to that level.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

The Race Card...

If Obama (on the eve of MLK day) tries to sell (paraphrase) "Don't let whitey take your ponies away !" it will have an effect - what kind is impossible to say. - I'm hoping that Obama has more class than that and doesn't stoop to that level.

I expect the Democrat to pull every card out of the deck including the race card. Democraps view this as a war which entails power, money and control. Loss of a Senate seat un MA would be a crushing defeat. These left wing liberals are playing for keeps.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
I expect the Democrat to pull every card out of the deck including the race card. Democraps view this as a war which entails power, money and control. Loss of a Senate seat un MA would be a crushing defeat. These left wing liberals are playing for keeps.

I believe the saying Kama is a bitch might be appropriate here:

Haitians Wait Desperately for Relief That Hasn't Come
Helpless Victims Wait in the Streets as Aid Remains Unorganized and Slow
By MARTHA RADDATZ
Jan. 15, 2010—

We watched Friday as aircraft arrived nonstop, carrying massive amounts of food, water and U.S. military personnel along with it.

Some 20,000 large water containers arrived today and 80,000 more are on the USS Carl Vinson off the coast of Haiti, along with 600,000 daily food rations which are continually flowing in.

But all this effort and all these supplies moving does not mean Haitians are getting the large supplies of food and water that they need. Instead, most of the supplies are sitting idle at the airport.

The widespread distribution of desperately needed supplies to Haiti's earthquake victims won't happen until tomorrow.

Stuck In the Pipeline
Lt. Gen. Ken Keen, who is overseeing the operation, says he wishes things were moving faster but there are procedures that must be followed.

"Security is the issue" he said, "What has to happen from a planning and a coordination part has to happen with the United Nations, the government of Haiti and all the relief organizations."
{snip}
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=9575634

If Barri O goes to Mass and Haiti blows then what?  Will we have a "Heck of a job Barri O" moment or a  "We're coming mama."?  Looks like he is riding the horns of a dilemma at the moment but in the end either situation will be the result of [his] vacillation, of doing too little, to late.  You just can't vote "present" in a crisis.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:35:07 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >