Author Topic: Can / Should Pelosi sue Trump for barring two of her members from visiting Israe  (Read 1939 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I used to say that there are no stupid questions...

but that's all the DU does...

Star Member Stinky The Clown (60,711 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212382668

Can / Should Pelosi sue Trump for barring two of her members from visiting Israel and Palestine?
Forget your opinion of Omar and Tlaib. That simply does not matter.

I think she should use the courts as aggressively as possible to find accountability for this unprecedented break with tradition.

Well,... since he didn't ban them I guess the answer is no?

Star Member SCantiGOP (8,521 posts)

5. Trump didn't/couldn't bar them

What is the OP talking about?

Well... he's a complete idiot, so I am not sure.

Star Member Stinky The Clown (60,711 posts)

7. The OP is talking about Trump using Bibi to do his bidding.

What are you talking about?

:thatsright: ...OFFF... you are a complete ****ing idiot.

Star Member hlthe2b (71,658 posts)

2. I think there could be another charge in an impeachment inquiry, but sue? No I don't see any ground

tell me what the crime would be?  please.   :whatever:

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (21,662 posts)

3. I have an idea, lets pretend President Obama told England to BAN

John McCain or that filthy **** Huckabee or ANY popular republican and worse, England did it.

Blood would be running all over the streets in this country

Oh, wait... they (UK) did ban people...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_banned_from_entering_the_United_Kingdom

Michael Savage- (Michael Alan Weiner), better known by his professional name Michael Savage, is an American radio host, author, activist, nutritionist, and conservative political commentator. On May 5, 2009, it was announced by then-Home Secretary Jacqui Smith that Savage was on a list of people banned from entering the United Kingdom as he is "considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to provoke others to serious criminal acts and fostering hatred which might lead to inter-community violence". During a subsequent NPR talk show, Savage said that he has never advocated violence and repeatedly invoked the United States Constitution's First Amendment. After host Neal Conan pointed out that the U.S. Constitution does not apply to the United Kingdom, Savage replied, "No. Thank God I'm an American. But for this lunatic ... to link me up with Nazi skinheads who are killing people in Russia ... to put me in league with Hamas murderers who killed Jews on buses, is astonishing". In The Guardian, Catherine Bennett wrote: "The ban on Savage is so far from being a comprehensible act, so staggeringly capricious and stupid, as to defy evaluation."

Star Member Takket (9,377 posts)

4. nothing to sue for really. We can't contest Bibi being a piece of shit in our courts

but she should move to censure drumpf and recall our members of congress in israel.

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Besides being an obtuse fool, is Stinker an antisemite, too?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
“... two of her members from visiting Israel and Palestine?”

Nothing is stopping the two Jew haters from going to Palestine.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
“... two of her members from visiting Israel and Palestine?”

Nothing is stopping the two Jew haters from going to Palestine.

There is no "Palestine".

Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين‎ Filasṭīn), officially the State of Palestine (Arabic: دولة فلسطين‎ Dawlat Filasṭīn), is a de jure sovereign state in Western Asia claiming the West Bank (bordering Israel and Jordan) and Gaza Strip (bordering Israel and Egypt)[3] with East Jerusalem as the designated capital, although its administrative center is currently located in Ramallah.[ii][4][5] The entirety of territory claimed by the State of Palestine has been occupied by Israel since the Six-Day War in 1967.

In law and government, de jure describes practices that are legally recognised, regardless whether the practice exists in reality.

:-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

There is no basis for a suit, the decision to bar them is that of the Israeli government, a distinct sovereign that does not answer to us. President Trump can say whatever he wants about it, but ultimately it is not his call, therefore no legally actionable event.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Ah yes Dutch, my old favorite axiom: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.  And the DUmp has them in spades.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Besides being an obtuse fool, is Stinker an antisemite, too?

That's a silly question Pete. Stinky is a DUmmy. DUmmys are Anti-Semites. Therefore Stinky is an Anti-Semite.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe