Author Topic: primitives discuss no health care bill at all  (Read 430 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss no health care bill at all
« on: August 16, 2009, 08:34:54 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=222x67441

Oh my.

The primitives obviously don't like 0bama's hoisting the white flag.

nradisic (991 posts)      Sun Aug-16-09 08:50 PM
Original message

There will be no health care bill at all...

The way things seem to be shaping up, I believe there will be no health care bill. The Obama administration and the Democrats had the upper hand and could have passed a bill that is what America really needs and wants, on their own, but they have put themselves in the total opposite of a win, win situation. Obama has overdone the bipartisanship outreach, since you have to be a total moron not to realize that the GOP has no interest in bipartisanship at all. They are the Greedy, Obtuse and Petulant...Let me elaborate;

I have looked at the numbers (votes) from both sides of the isle in the Senate and the House. The Senate can pass a watered down health care bill with mandates, co-ops and no public option (that seems to be the way its going) and I think they will have the votes to pass a bill without the public option (one I personally do not support)...In the House, no bill will pass at all. The way things are going, the votes will not be there one way or the other. The Republicans will vote against any bill, even if all of their requests are honored - after all they are the party of no. The GOP will not vote for any bill, no matter what.

The Democrats are so splintered that there is no fix. The Blue Dogs have enough votes to scuttle any bill with a public option (and they will)and the Progressive Caucus also has enough votes to scuttle any bill without the public option ( They have publicly said they would not support any bill without the public option and I'm sure they will stick to their guns)...

Therefore the Democrats, even with a massive majority in both houses will not be able to come up with the bill that the vast majority of Americans really want and voted them in to take care of. The Blue Dogs and the Progressives will both scuttle any bill, with the vast majority, if not all Republicans voting one way or another. I think we are better off with no bill, without a public option, but I hate to see what will happen to the Democrats and the Obama administration from here on out, if we do not get a bill that passes with the public option. If they cannot accomplish health care reform, like promised with a massive majority, I don't see how we make any headway on any other single issue. We are screwed one way or the other. This is not what I expected at all after the Democratic gains in the last election. I hope I am wrong, but if I am right, watch out below...

Ha ha.

Sebastian Doyle (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-16-09 09:08 PM
Response to Original message

1. Better no bill at all than a shitty bill (i.e. mandatory corporatecare or worthless co-ops)

The status quo sucks ass. fake reform would be worse, because it would change nothing for the better, but create the illusion of "reform", preventing any REAL reform in the future.

If that's what it comes down to, **** it. Vote out the cowards and start over with the REAL thing (single payer)

stray cat  (1000+ posts)     Sun Aug-16-09 09:23 PM
Response to Original message

2. And many DUers and Free Republic people will be united in their hatreds and joys

"Free Republic people;" now, I like that term.

It beats "DUers," which looks like the drooping nose of the Hapburgs.

madrchsod  (1000+ posts)        Sun Aug-16-09 09:30 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. no shit.....

throwing in the towel in the 6th round....

Ha ha.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: primitives discuss no health care bill at all
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:44:32 PM »
FReeper joy

:hyper: :-) :rotf: :tongue: :bird: :mental: :mental: :lmao: :bow: