Author Topic: hey, primitives, tell us what's going on here  (Read 525 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
hey, primitives, tell us what's going on here
« on: August 15, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
This is for lurking primitives; decent and civilized people can feel free to go on to other reading.

Nebraska has two U.S. Senators and three congressmen; one senator is blue, the others representing us in Congress are deep red.

They've all had town hall meetings, or at least public meetings, of one sort or another this month, all such meetings held with the utmost of respect and cordiality and good feelings.

The latest has been Senator Michael Johanns (R-Nebraska), who has been greeted with nothing but hurrahs and cheers everywhere he's gone, to talk about "health care" "reform."

Senator Johanns was up here near the roof of Nebraska the other day, and suggested 0bama call a "timeout" on any "health care" "reform," until he either devises a serious plan, or drops the idea altogether.

The three congressmen, also (R)s, have said much of the same thing.

But those are Republicans here, and as we all know, Republicans are irrelevant, meaningless, not in the game any more, as the primitives have reminded us. 

The Democrats are in charge of running things, and there's more than enough Democrats in both the Senate and the House to pass 0bama's "health care" "reform" without any help from the minority party.

Our blue senator, Senator Benjamin Nelson (D-Nebraska), isn't even bothering to have "town hall" meetings until later this month, because those are going to be pretty mundane, pretty run-of-the-mill, events.  No ruckus, held with the utmost of respect and cordiality and good feelings.  Basically, handshakes and "you go, Ben," sorts of encounters.

(Unless of course the 0bamaites cause some trouble.)

Senator Nelson is a true-blue Democrat, a Democrat to the core.

Senator Nelson's credentials as a bona fide Democrat are more solid than those of any of the primitives, and most other Democrats and liberals.

How come this blue senator in this red state isn't having any problems with his constituents, while other blue senators and congressmen from blue states are?

It's a mystery, and since the primitives are so smart, perhaps they can explain it to us.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: hey, primitives, tell us what's going on here
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 05:16:55 PM »
Coach, I'm not a primitive, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Stupid Inn Express last night (to be distinguished from Holiday Inn Express, a legit and seemingly decent organization).  Having said that, I know why this hasn't happened--and I'm from Noo Yawk. :tongue: :tongue:

I'm not telling . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »
Having said that, I know why this hasn't happened--and I'm from Noo Yawk. :tongue: :tongue:

I'm not telling . . .  :tongue:

Remember all those television commercials that some non-Nebraska special interest groups were running about the blue senator?

Polls show the advertisements had exactly the opposite effect.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 05:11:06 AM »
Remember all those television commercials that some non-Nebraska special interest groups were running about the blue senator?

Polls show the advertisements had exactly the opposite effect.

That's part of it.  Also, said "blue" Senator actually listens to his constituents, as opposed to the Party leaders. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:19:44 AM »
Plus I don't recall Senator Nelson calling his constituents or even critics Nazis, un-American, or asking them to turn each other in to the snitch line.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford