Author Topic: Town hall wingnuts birth new legal fine print  (Read 769 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Town hall wingnuts birth new legal fine print
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »
TexasThoughtCriminal  (861 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-14-09 01:10 PM
Original message
Town hall wingnuts birth new legal fine print

On Monday, Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX30) and Pete Sessions (R-TX32) are participating in a "Congressional Dialog" (not a town hall, according to the organizers). Tickets are required with photo ID along with a signature agreeing to the Terms of Participation. Among the fine print is the following:
Ticketholder shall abstain from inappropriate behavior, including but not limited to the following: standing on chairs/seats, standing or otherwise obstructing the view or listening of others, disorderly conduct, arguing, fighting or challenging others to fight, interference with the event, or participants of the event in any way, throwing, tossing, or discharging any object, using profanity and/or other offensive words (verbal or written), taunting or using offensive language against the presenters or other persons present, entering or attempting to enter the event without the correct ticket, unauthorized distribution of literature, flyers, handouts, pamphlets, other written forms, etc., chanting or shouting words or messages, wearing clothing in a manner intended to advertise or promote a message, possessing or displaying unauthorized signs/flags/banners/posters displaying words or pictures, interfering with or disturbing other Ticketholders enjoyment of the event, failure to comply with event security or event staff instructions, violating event or venue rules, regulations, and policies, and/or violating any local, state, or federal laws.

Yes, that's one sentence. Before town hall disrupters, who would have ever thought it necessary to codify civil behavior? Even children know better. Thanks to the paranoid wing of the Republican party, another seemingly no-brainer has had to be inserted into the terms & conditions gobbledegook.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6304365

Hmmm if this was from the repukes you would be screaming fascism and Nazis etc. 
The funny part is the dump cheered every leftwing wacko that disrupted a repuke speaker. Dissent is only patriotic if you dissent against conservatives. Otherwise you better sit down and shut up.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Town hall wingnuts birth new legal fine print
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »
Hmmm if this was from the repukes you would be screaming fascism and Nazis etc.

There's no one who could honestly deny that's the truth.  And then there's the primitives.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:00:31 PM »
Before town hall disrupters, who would have ever thought it necessary to codify civil behavior?

Ann Coulter

Condi Rice

Mike Adams

90% of the conservative speakers invited to college campuses

Christians and Mormon in churches around California, and Michigan

Joe the Plumber

Sarah Palin

Dr. Dobson

Basically, 1/2 the US... the 1/2 you DUmmies hate.   ::) ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »
I am so ****ing sick of these hypocrites.   

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:40:08 PM »
I am so ****ing sick of these hypocrites.   

Me too.

(You've only been in LA a fortnight and you are already talking like Courtney Love)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »
Me too.

(You've only been in LA a fortnight and you are already talking like Courtney Love)

I've used the very descriptive term "****ing" before moving to LA.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 10:38:18 PM »
Ann Coulter

Condi Rice

Mike Adams

90% of the conservative speakers invited to college campuses

Christians and Mormon in churches around California, and Michigan

Joe the Plumber

Sarah Palin

Dr. Dobson

Basically, 1/2 the US... the 1/2 you DUmmies hate.   ::) ::)

Only because they're not "almost" 6', 200 lbs with a f'n attitude. I swear, if someone threw something at me while I was speaking, he'd either be running, or we'd be fighting. I'm sick of these f'ers. I have never been one to keep my mouth shut about politics. Why? Because politics effects MY wallet and what I can put on the kitchen table.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 10:53:57 PM »
Only because they're not "almost" 6', 200 lbs with a f'n attitude. I swear, if someone threw something at me while I was speaking, he'd either be running, or we'd be fighting. I'm sick of these f'ers. I have never been one to keep my mouth shut about politics. Why? Because politics effects MY wallet and what I can put on the kitchen table.

In absolute agrement with you Rebel.  I'm sorely tempted to head down to Denver on 9/12, because I KNOW some of these assholes are going to be there on the fringes, trying to start shit.  I really hope one of these union thugs lays a hand on me; I really do.  I'm pissed enough, that he'll be lucky to merely draw back a bloody friggin' stump.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »
You know what's sad...is I think I know this particular primitive in the OP from my hometown board back in Midland.

He went by ThoughtRebel...used a pic of the Subcomandante Marcos as his avitar.

If this is the particular douche bag I think it is...he is friends with...and defended voraciously until his banning...his buddy (sadly from my home town)...that was busted in Minneapolis for plotting to firebomb the police cars...Bradley Crowder.

And knowing that...this sick f*ck has the friggin NERVE to talk about "inappropriate behavior"?

FOAD moron.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 08:17:10 AM »

I know, but I had to pick on you.   :-*

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »

BEG, that's the one thing we hope they don't do.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 09:30:18 AM »
Wasn't every single DUchebag on board with that movie "V" in that the government should be afraid of the people and not the people afraid of their government?

My, my how times have changed.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.