Author Topic: We need to STOP making excuses for degenerate behavior  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
We need to STOP making excuses for degenerate behavior
« on: April 10, 2024, 06:11:11 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218847683

Thought this was going to be about the mentally ill transgender people.  Color me shocked.   ::)

maxrandb (15,237 posts)

Tue Apr 9, 2024, 08:54 AM

RECOMMEND

We need to STOP making excuses for degenerate behavior
Just watched some guy on Morning Joe. Can't remember who it was, but he apparently has some screed out about how MAGAt voters are just; "such nice people" that are "decent", and if you met them, you "might even like them" and that "70% of them are just good neighbors". He then tried to "both-side" shit by talking about the "extremes on the left AND the right".

Let me be clear. That's ****ing bullshit!

This kind of stuff, just like the story of the hospice provider that met "the loving family with the Donnie Dipshit flag flying", infuriates me.

It's dishonest, it's insidious, and it's dangerous.

These stories and screeds accomplish two very ugly things.

First, they normalize the abnormal, and reduce the very survival of Democracy and decency, to a simple choice "either side can support".

Second, they provide cover to, and excuse degenerate behavior.

By all accounts, John Wayne Gacy was a "quiet guy" who "kept to himself". Hell, there were even reports that he entertained young children while dressed as a clown.

Jeffrey Dahmer was described as a "good neighbor", who didn't "cause any trouble", right up until they looked in his freezer.

How many Germans would say: "I would never harm one hair on the head of my Jewish neighbors, but the price of bread went up 5 cents, and anyway, I go to church every Sunday, and helped that one guy change a flat tire"?

So please, let there be no mistake.

I don't give one **** if someone volunteers at the homeless shelter, goes to church everyday, stops to help a stranded driver, loves their mom, donates old clothes to the orphanage, or brings a neighbor a meal when they are sick. Your "good works", don't excuse, or provide cover for your support and vote for someone who would murder my family while they slept.

Good, decent people don't support fascism, even if the eggs are cheap.

I think his 2 points are about the mentally ill transgender people.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

And what's the story about the hospice nurse?  Anyone know?

hay rick (7,554 posts)

14. But what if the eggs are cheap and also gas?

Reply to maxrandb (Original post)
Tue Apr 9, 2024, 10:37 AM

Supporting Trump at this point makes a person an enemy of American democracy. "Nice" is insufficient as a redeeming quality. Ignorance is no excuse, even if it is a fact in many cases.

Looks like some of them are admitting that gas and eggs were cheaper under the Trump administration, and that those prices would drop if he gets reelected.

There's more and it's likely to grow since it's another hate thread.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: We need to STOP making excuses for degenerate behavior
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 06:51:37 AM »
First, they normalize the abnormal, and reduce the very survival of Democracy and decency, to a simple choice "either side can support".

I guess we could start with this whole stupid idea of transgender ism, men in women’s sports, locker rooms, and bathrooms, and then let’s talk about lawfare.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 08:28:42 AM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Poor maxrandb! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He's too STOOOOOOpid to figure out that screaming that Trump voters are Nazi degenerates will inevitably lead to most hearers realizing, "Hey! Joe and Josphine next door voted for Trump. John and Jane at the work benches and desks next to mine voted for Trump. Max and Maxine in the church pew in front of us voted for Trump. They certainly are NOT Nazis or degenerates!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 09:20:37 AM »
I've seen nothing from leftists that would indicate they know anything about "degenerate behavior" in others nor how to recognize it, and that goes double for the whacko that posted that nonsense. I've seen plenty of evidence they practice degenerate behavior and wish to encourage it among others, and they wish to call it "normal".

What makes matters worse is that this nut was in the military which tells me they aren't doing a sufficient job of making sure kooks like that are never enlisted or that they are drummed out when their deficiencies are revealed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 09:57:12 AM »
... I don't give one **** if someone volunteers at the homeless shelter, goes to church everyday, stops to help a stranded driver, loves their mom, donates old clothes to the orphanage, or brings a neighbor a meal when they are sick. ...

This is how DU-grade Progs deal (very) mentally with people they hate doing things those DU-grade Progs would not think of doing.

... Your "good works", don't excuse, or provide cover for your support and vote for someone who would murder my family while they slept. ...

What in Hades is maxrandb going on about. Trump voters would not care that his family exists, possibly excepting Trump voters among his neighbors or coworkers. Even those latter would not think of murdering his family.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 05:23:47 PM »
I've seen nothing from leftists that would indicate they know anything about "degenerate behavior" in others nor how to recognize it, and that goes double for the whacko that posted that nonsense. I've seen plenty of evidence they practice degenerate behavior and wish to encourage it among others, and they wish to call it "normal".

What makes matters worse is that this nut was in the military which tells me they aren't doing a sufficient job of making sure kooks like that are never enlisted or that they are drummed out when their deficiencies are revealed.

With the way the military is being run anymore are they even booting any of the weird and degenerates out anymore. Recently some Lt. Col was found to have put up a mini cam in a dressing room of a local retail store and both the military and the local civilians dropped the charges even after he admitted he put the camera in the dressing room. Then there was another officer that was caught stalking a 14-year-old buy and using a government phone to contact the kid and so far he hasn't been booted out yet.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 11:13:10 PM »
Then let's go to war. Or separate. I'm down with either since it's obvious we want nothing to do with you commie ****s. One of the two is gonna happen anyway, guaranteed. We're balkanizing. Leftists are leaving red states and conservatives are leaving blue shitholes. We added damn near a million new Republicans in the past 2 years, most of which weren't from here.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 06:51:29 AM »
Anyone want to tell maxrandb?  Anyone?  Who has a mole?   :lmao:

maxrandb (15,246 posts)

35. They have already become violent and threatening

Reply to Mr. Mustard 2023 (Reply #10)
Thu Apr 11, 2024, 07:39 AM

They keep trying to equate the few people that became violent during the protests over George Floyd's murder, but they miss the ****ing point.

Not one single Democratic told the protesters to; "beat the crap out of them". No Democratic leaders offered to "pay their legal bills". No Democratic leader said; "don't be so nice".

Democratic leaders see violent mobs and condemn them.

Retrumplican leaders see violent mobs and give them guns and gasoline.

Whole lot of misinformation in that one post.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 03:04:59 PM »

KC

Not worth my time correcting that moron, but he'll just live in his alternative reality and be happy with him/her/itself.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 03:11:23 PM »

KC

We could blow the whole internets bandwidth over the Dems who said just exactly those things going quote by quote.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 09:32:07 PM »

KC

Of course. Those mfers, INCLUDING Kamala, were raising money for the ones jailed.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site