Author Topic: I found a church in Cleveland-diverse.  (Read 1454 times)

Offline CC27

I found a church in Cleveland-diverse.
« on: November 20, 2018, 07:54:41 AM »
Tue Nov 20, 2018, 07:48 AM
Star Member Demsrule86 (26,470 posts)

I found a church in Cleveland-diverse. The Pastor says they lock the doors during service for

security reasons...what a world we live in. I can't imagine how any person can accept that as 'normal' It is time to band together and enact reasonable gun control (as soon as we have the Senate and Presidency) I find the status quo unacceptable.

I will join this church. It is a very loving church. They do many community based good works....just what I wanted.But who could ever imagine that going to church would become an act of courage under the monster that is Trump and his evil minions.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211453653

Loving church and Trump is evil. Got it.  :whatever:

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: I found a church in Cleveland-diverse.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »
But who could ever imagine that going to church would become an act of courage under the monster that is Trump and his evil minions.
A true act of courage would be to put a sign out in front of your house saying "Proud Gun Free Home", not doing an activity that 10s of millions of people do each week safely.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
Uhm...maybe because Cleveland is a big blue shithole?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 08:36:54 AM »
Locking the doors during services is a major fire code violation. I suppose tis better to be trampled, crushed or die of smoke inhaltion or thermal burns. Orange man bad I guess.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:55:57 AM »
Star Member Demsrule86 (26,470 posts)

I found a church in Cleveland-diverse. The Pastor says they lock the doors during service for

security reasons...what a world we live in. I can't imagine how any person can accept that as 'normal'...

They do many community based good works....just what I wanted.But who could ever imagine that going to church would become an act of courage under the monster that is Trump and his evil minions.

Well, Star Moron Demsrule86 described the church I attend - ethnically diverse membership and leadership, loving, very active in our community. Except DUpipo would, in their ignorance, denounce it as "Fundamentalist". While I'm on this rabbit trail, two of the larger evacuation centers in Chico (for the Camp Fire) are Neighborhood Church and Pleasant Valley Baptist Church. DUpipo would denounce both as "Fundamentalist", and yet here they are giving their facilities and their members are volunteering for the sake of nearby Paradise and other smaller communities.  DUpipo would be half right: Neighborhood Church is Christian & Missionary Alliance, whose founding predates the Fundamentalist Movement by 20 or 30 years; but Pleasant Valley Baptist is an Independent Fundamental Baptist church. Both congregations gave hands and feet to their love.

Did I ever expect churches to need to take security measures such as locking doors during services or having armed security? No. But that is reality. However, blaming Trump is DU-grade stupid. The shooting at the Arvada, CO YWAM base and New Life Church in Colorado Springs happened over 9 years before Trump became President. The Charleston church shooting happened in 2015. Sikh temple shooting in 2012; Wedgewood Baptist Church shooting in 1999. And those are "just" what W'pedia called "mass shootings".
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:59:35 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 09:01:35 AM »
Locking the doors during services is a major fire code violation. I suppose tis better to be trampled, crushed or die of smoke inhaltion or thermal burns. Orange man bad I guess.

1. The doors would be openable from the inside.

2. The church would have people stationed at the doors prepared to open them at need.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 09:11:52 AM »
Well, Star Moron Demsrule86 described the church I attend - ethnically diverse membership and leadership, loving, very active in our community. Except DUpipo would, in their ignorance, denounce it as "Fundamentalist". While I'm on this rabbit trail, two of the larger evacuation centers in Chico (for the Camp Fire) are Neighborhood Church and Pleasant Valley Baptist Church. DUpipo would denounce both as "Fundamentalist", and yet here they are giving their facilities and their members are volunteering for the sake of nearby Paradise and other smaller communities.  DUpipo would be half right: Neighborhood Church is Christian & Missionary Alliance, whose founding predates the Fundamentalist Movement by 20 or 30 years; but Pleasant Valley Baptist is an Independent Fundamental Baptist church. Both congregations gave hands and feet to their love.

Did I ever expect churches to need to take security measures such as locking doors during services or having armed security? No. But that is reality. However, blaming Trump is DU-grade stupid. The shooting at the Arvada, CO YWAM base and New Life Church in Colorado Springs happened over 9 years before Trump became President. The Charleston church shooting happened in 2015. Sikh temple shooting in 2012; Wedgewood Baptist Church shooting in 1999. And those are "just" what W'pedia called "mass shootings".

C&MA.  That's the denomination I was baptized into.  Funny is we tried some other more mainline churches and I wasn't impressed with their answer to "Where does my money go?" Because at that time their were mainline churches in the US supporting the communist Sandinistas in Nicaragua>  So I joined C&MA and they made me treasurer for 25 years. :)   Your 2nd paragraph is dead on.  DUmmie acts like there was no violence against churches before Nov 2016. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 09:52:12 AM »
Hey DUmbfuk,they are reacting to being forced to be a gun free zone in the middle of a gang war.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »
There is a great church in the Cleveland area named Parkside. Its head pastor is Allister Begg. Look up his youtube videos if you're interested. I listen to his podcast almost daily
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 10:40:19 AM »
  C&MA.  That's the denomination I was baptized into.  Funny is we tried some other more mainline churches and I wasn't impressed with their answer to "Where does my money go?" Because at that time their were mainline churches in the US supporting the communist Sandinistas in Nicaragua>  So I joined C&MA and they made me treasurer for 25 years. :)   Your 2nd paragraph is dead on.  DUmmie acts like there was no violence against churches before Nov 2016.

My wife attended Simpson College when it was in SF. SF's and the Bay Area's insane housing costs made it impossible to recruit staff, so they moved to Redding, expanded their program, and changed their name to A. B. Simpson University.

My understanding is that there is one or more thread on DU trashing the security lady who stopped the New Life Church shooting. So DUpipo not calling out Star Moron Demsrule86's ridiculous falsehood are either hypocrites or ignorant. Or both.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 11:31:27 AM »
The church I attend locks the doors and has a police officer who is stationed in the foyer. This started in 2009 under Dear Leader.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:33:35 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 12:18:47 PM »
The church I attend locks the doors and has a police officer who is stationed in the foyer. This started in 2009 under Dear Leader.

I remember reading soon after the 2007 Colorado church shooting that a large church in Denver had armed security people. There have been enough such shootings at churches that I cannot imagine that Star Moron Demsrule86 blamed the necessity of such security measures on Trump out of ignorance. I seriously think (s)he's a lying hypocrite.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
Lots of churches do that. It's in no way connected to the Trump Administration, as you guys have pointed out.
btw, as some of you have brought up the 2007 Denver church shooting, let me again bring up the DUmmies' reaction to that particular shooting so nobody forgets it:
When it happened, the DUmmies were initially their typical douchey selves, with one DUmmy showing his compassion and sensitivity by saying "I guess God was out having a cigarette break when it happened." Then, when more details of the shooting emerged, such as the shooter's manifesto (Which read exactly like something that one of the ultra- Christophobic DUmmies like MineralMan, TMN, or undergroundpanther would have written) being revealed and some info coming out which suggested the shooter may have been gay, their douchebaggery hit critical mass! The DUmmies made one thread after another openly praising the shooter as a brave and noble hero taking a righteous stand for gay rights, portraying the churchgoers he targeted as a bunch of evil homophobic fundy monsters who all deserved to die, and portraying the church security guard who risked her own life to bring his rampage to an end as a bloodthirsty lunatic.
 Yes, you read that right: They portrayed the mass shooter who killed four people and injured five others as a wonderful hero, and portrayed the security guard who stopped him as a kill- crazy monster!
It perfectly sums up the DUmmies' hypocrisy when it comes to mass shootings, their immense Christophobic hatred, and the reasons why liberals should have as little control over our justice system as possible. That's why I believe it should never be forgotten as we continue our good work of exposing and ridiculing the den of vipers known as DU.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 03:10:31 PM »
Interesting, pathetic, sad.

Before driving to Colorado Springs the killer started his spree at the Youth With A Mission (YWAM) base in Arvada (which is near Denver). He had previously been a Discipleship Training School (DTS) student there.

It takes some understanding of what a YWAM DTS is to realize the full betrayal of hospitality and love the killer committed. A DTS is 5-6 months in duration. The first 3-4 month phase is on-base, classes, counseling, and service. The service is both on-base (kitchen, janitorial, grounds-keeping) and in the nearby community (homeless shelters, community clean-up projects, etc. - the base near Chico probably recently sent volunteers to evacuation centers to help with people who escaped the Camp Fire). DTS students are not held captive or isolated in any sense - I visited my daughter during her DTS near Chico several times. Their weekends are largely free time, and DTS students visit the nearby town(s) and attend churches there.

The second phase is a 2 month outreach, usually to a country outside of the US. This is spent working with churches and local ministries, organizing activities, some construction work ... not touristy. Before sending a team out, the base and outreach leaders discuss, among other things, the suitability of each student. The killer had completed the on-base phase, but the decision was that he had shown himself to be unsuited for the outreach. He was sent home with his parents after that.

So, the people he killed at YWAM Arvada were people he knew, people he had spent several months with, people who had invested time and effort in trying to help him. That is the kind of ... well ... person DUpipo celebrated.

FWIW, my daughter's DTS outreach was to Fiji.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:12:54 PM by SVPete »

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »
... (T)wo of the larger evacuation centers in Chico (for the Camp Fire) are Neighborhood Church and Pleasant Valley Baptist Church... ...giving their facilities and their members are volunteering for the sake of nearby Paradise and other smaller communities.  DUpipo would be half right: Neighborhood Church is Christian & Missionary Alliance, whose founding predates the Fundamentalist Movement by 20 or 30 years; but Pleasant Valley Baptist is an Independent Fundamental Baptist church. Both congregations give hands and feet to their love.
[/quote]

Shoutout to Neighbourhood and Pleasant Valley Baptist for their good works. Prayers for the families of the missing. Happy Thanksgiving, SVPete and friends.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 04:04:14 PM »
Shoutout to Neighbourhood and Pleasant Valley Baptist for their good works. Prayers for the families of the missing. Happy Thanksgiving, SVPete and friends.

Thanks, Will, and the same to you and yours!

It looks like some rain is headed Chico way and may help getting the fire put out. OTOH, it'll turn the dirt trails into muddy trails, so ...

The town of Pleasant Valley probably faces years of rebuilding. Along with people and homes, a hospital was lost that probably served double the number of people who lived in the town.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »
Most of the members of churches in my area belief in reasonable gun control also. It could be said that they expect and demand reasonable gun control. They expect all of the concealed carry members to properly control their weapons when the time comes to defend the congregation against the next left-wing (or even right-wing) kook.

I have to wonder...Most of the churches that I've been in through the years have a board on the wall somewhere in the church that shows that day's attendance. I wonder how it would affect church violence if on the WELCOME sign outside that they list the number of concealed carriers in attendance for each service.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe