Author Topic: NYC store that survived Great Depression fears it won't last much longer under l  (Read 193 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
NYC store that survived Great Depression fears it won't last much longer under liberal policies
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyc-store-survived-great-depression-fears-last-much-longer-under-liberal-policies

After surviving the Great Depression, recessions, armed robberies and even riots, a New York City family shoe store now says it has just "months" left before progressive policies force the 130-year-old business to close its doors.

Erik Frankel, fourth generation owner of Frankel's in Brooklyn, aired out his frustrations Wednesday with high taxes and policies burdening the small business operating since the 1890s.

"I feel like [city Democrats are] working against us and the fact that we're funding Amazon warehouses in Red Hook and in Sunset Park, it shows you that they're not for small business," Frankel told "Fox & Friends First."

"They love using us as talking points. They say we're the heart in the soul. But I say I feel like more like the appendix. "

Frankel's operated for 130 years. It survived the Great Depression and now is going out of business because of leftists running New York City and New York.

Frankel said he reached out to the Democrat New York State Assembly and a state senator for help but was "blown off."

"I feel like the state, the city is trying to put us out of business," he said.

"They don't care if businesses leave."

The small business owner added that crime in the city has made it increasingly hard to find staff while his customer base is also fleeing the state's liberal policies.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Mr. Frankel, it's an opportunity. Stop your caterwauling. Just close your doors and head for greener pastures. Florida, Texas, even Arkansas is far friendlier to small business than NYC, especially with the series of moron mayors they continue to elect.

Go to where the climate is friendlier and the taxes are lower.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.